Photo

April 2010 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#1281 jk1101

jk1101
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

These are pictures of 2 other BDW GPJ cakes.

Zuezl
    Click the image to open in full size.

Petals
    Click the image to open in full size.

I'm just getting a standard cake like these - the choices were vanilla, chocolate, fruit or a combination of 2, so I did a combination of vanilla and chocolate. I'd like to have flowers on it and maybe an initial for a cake topper. Everyone has said the cakes are delicious!

#1282 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
    • 1,619 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:45 PM

wow beautiful!!!
      If our cake turns even slightly like that I'll be happy!
      For our cake topper, I choose the couple laying in the sand. I will post I pic when I buy it.
      http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
      Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
      Happily ever after...

#1283 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
      • 1,619 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:27 AM

ok so I finally got my pictures up. I put them on facebook. So I thought it'd just be easier to give you the link for that then to upload them on to Photobucket again..
        Login | Facebook

Let me know if it doesn't work!
        Tracy and Mike

Happily ever after...

#1284 KimmyG

KimmyG
        • 520 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:34 AM

Wow I really like the picture of Petals' cake... beautiful with the purple flowers!
          I hear RPRM (my resort) isn't known for their cakes, but the other desserts are pretty impressive.

#1285 echo2_62

echo2_62
          • 1,049 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:03 PM

Aawwwwww Tracy!!! Your pictures are SO NICE!! You are such a cutie!! I can see why you'd be really happy with those pics! Haha, they make me miss being in Ontario because of all the nice leaves! We don't get that here in Alberta I wanted to start commenting on them on your facebook page but I'd have been writing on every third one lol! You def. need to get some of those up on your wall at home.

#1286 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
            • 1,619 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:31 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by echo2_62
              Aawwwwww Tracy!!! Your pictures are SO NICE!! You are such a cutie!! I can see why you'd be really happy with those pics! Haha, they make me miss being in Ontario because of all the nice leaves! We don't get that here in Alberta I wanted to start commenting on them on your facebook page but I'd have been writing on every third one lol! You def. need to get some of those up on your wall at home.
              Thank you so much!!! They did turn out amazing. She did a good job with us. Really, no leafs like that in calgary? I did these pictures downtown on top of it. I'd really miss it if we moved there. minus 1 point for Calgary lol!!!
              We should add each other on FB I'd love to stay in contact even after the wedding, I love chatting with ya.
              I will be Def putting some of them on our wall!!
              I am sure you miss Ontario.. where exactly were you? I have family scattered all over Ontario. Do you go and visit?

I've been thinking about Suzy, have you heard from her?
              Tracy and Mike

Happily ever after...

#1287 Erica_Bellerive

Erica_Bellerive
              • 104 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:05 PM

Hello April 2010 Brides. My wedding is on April 28/10. I am getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Coba in Mayan Riviera, Mexico. I cannot believe how fast the big day is approaching. I am currently a full time student working on my Education degree. This leaves me very little time for wedding planning. I had hoped that a destination wedding would make my life easier, but I realize now that I am way to detail oriented to have a stress free planning process. My fianc© and I are very excited, but we have had many hurdles to jump through this year. The air line didn’t hold our seats and we lost our original wedding date in May 2010. The invites had already been sent out so they are pretty much garbage (at $4.00 each). So now that we have secured our new booking we have lost a few guests due to the date change and our photographer, but things are getting better. I hope we have seen the worst of the planning problems, or I may regret doing a destination wedding. Sorry for the negativity ladies! I am really excited.
                Married April 28, 2010

Bahia Principe Coba Wedding Review
                http://bestdestinati....28-10-a-59626/Our Wedding (Non-Professional) http://s864.photobuc....view=slideshow

#1288 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
                • 1,619 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:49 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Erica_Bellerive
                  Hello April 2010 Brides. My wedding is on April 28/10. I am getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Coba in Mayan Riviera, Mexico. I cannot believe how fast the big day is approaching. I am currently a full time student working on my Education degree. This leaves me very little time for wedding planning. I had hoped that a destination wedding would make my life easier, but I realize now that I am way to detail oriented to have a stress free planning process. My fianc© and I are very excited, but we have had many hurdles to jump through this year. The air line didn’t hold our seats and we lost our original wedding date in May 2010. The invites had already been sent out so they are pretty much garbage (at $4.00 each). So now that we have secured our new booking we have lost a few guests due to the date change and our photographer, but things are getting better. I hope we have seen the worst of the planning problems, or I may regret doing a destination wedding. Sorry for the negativity ladies! I am really excited.

Hi, Congrates and welcome to the site.
                  I am terrible sorry to hear about some of the bad luck you've been having.
                  Most of us have gone through some hurdle or what not in our planning for a destination wedding, a lot of us also feel it isn't as easy as we all thought it would be to plan a DW. But in the end it'll be so worth it. We all have a coordinator to deal with the crap when we finally get there. We will be laying on the beach, drink our fav drink. After all the ocean will be our back round for our wedding day.Can't get more amazing then that.
                  I try to remember this every time I feel disappointed or loss. Or plain just feel like giving up.
                  Now that you found us, it'll be a lot easier, there are so many ideas on here and us girls for support.

When We choose to do a DW, we originally picked Jamaica. After we sent our invites out with all that info.. we got a how bunch of bad reviews. Then decided to check the resort out on the google map and realize the resort was in a cruise ship port bay. So we changed our location, everyone has the jamaica invites. We had to send everyone a letter letting them know of the change (it was embarrassing) Your not alone, atleast it wasn't your fault lol
                  Tracy and Mike

Happily ever after...

#1289 echo2_62

echo2_62
                  • 1,049 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:02 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
                    Thank you so much!!! They did turn out amazing. She did a good job with us. Really, no leafs like that in calgary? I did these pictures downtown on top of it. I'd really miss it if we moved there. minus 1 point for Calgary lol!!!
                    We should add each other on FB I'd love to stay in contact even after the wedding, I love chatting with ya.
                    I will be Def putting some of them on our wall!!
                    I am sure you miss Ontario.. where exactly were you? I have family scattered all over Ontario. Do you go and visit?

I've been thinking about Suzy, have you heard from her?
                    Well for one thing, we don't seem to have many maple trees here, for some reason they just don't grow well. And unlike your neck of the woods (which has a bit more temperate climate), we don't exactly see the four seasons quite the same in Alberta as you would in Ontario/Quebec. So yes, I do miss the leaves in the fall! I think in the past four years that I've been home two or three times. There are aspects that I miss (like the leaves) but mostly I'm happier here. Haha, I can't tolerate the humidity anymore!! I grew up down in Burlington and some in St Catharines. I really liked living down near Niagara because of all the hiking and wineries!!!!! I took FI back there a couple summers ago and he really liked it there too. So maybe one day.. maybe but not likely haha! The rest of my family is scattered pretty much around the same area extending up towards Barrie. I'm sad that I won't get to see them all for Chrismtas because we're all old enough now that we get along really well!

Oh and as for Suzy - I saw her yesterday!! We went to do some Christmas shopping actually. She only got back from vacation a short while ago and has been so busy trying to get unpacked and back into the swing of things, nevermind all the busy time for the holidays! She's working on getting herself back into the BDW world after the new year when things calm down a bit. I do have to say though that her little guy Tez is the cutest monkey ever! He was such a trooper to be out with us and barely put up a fuss. Don't worry though, she's doing well and will get caught up soon enough. I'll let her know you were asking about her though!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Erica_Bellerive
                    Hey erica - welcome to the site and sorry to hear you've had some problems already getting your wedding all booked. It sounds like you've gotten a handle on things with your new date and are ready to rock and roll! You'll find a ton of really helpful ideas for planning and organizing here so hopefully that helps you lots too. Just shout out if you need anything!

#1290 Melidell

Melidell
                    • 1,091 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:58 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
                      ok so I finally got my pictures up. I put them on facebook. So I thought it'd just be easier to give you the link for that then to upload them on to Photobucket again..
                      Welcome Erica. It sounds like you've had a bumpy road so far- I hope everything goes more smoothly for you from now on. Let us know how it goes.
                      Loving married life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users