Jump to content

Photo

April 2010 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#1271 echo2_62

echo2_62
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,049 posts

    Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:03 PM

    Hey Tracy :) Things are good here, just so busy that I'm completely exhausted. I thought I'd be easing into the christmas holidays pretty quietly but I'm busier now than I have been at work for a while. And it sucks because even though I'm "technically" on holidays for two weeks, I'll still be working on and off pretty much the whole time. I have it easier than some people in my office and I realize that but of course i'm still not happy about it

    And otherwise I haven't really felt like I've had much planning to do for the wedding lately. I've been puttering away at some things for my OOT bags, and I'll have to get my reminder postcards sent out pretty soon around the holidays here just reminding some people that our RSVP deadline is coming up at the end of January. I'd been reading some of the other updates and know i thought "oh yah, I have to do that too" but my head is so occupied otherwise so I'm not too worried.

    I've mostly just been reading along when I can but usually I don't have time to get through enough and actually add anything useful. Hope things are going well for the rest of you too!!

    #1272 echo2_62

    echo2_62
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,049 posts

      Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:21 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
      I was actually just heading to april 2010 to reply to your msg. I am soooooo sorry to hear how crazy it's been at work for you. Exactly what did you do?
      This is the worst time to be crazy busy with xmas, and the wedding.
      I hope it gets a lot less busy soon for you and your co-workers

      I am the same way with the planning, pretty much everything is done except for the odd thing here and there that I will order after the holidays like the cake topper and my flutes for the toasting. Maybe make a few more centerpieces. I also have the odd thing for the OOT bag, I am just waiting for a confirmation of people for Jan 15th.
      you will send post cards? After I sent my cards and no one responded I said there was no way in heck I would spend another 40$ in stamps.
      but it seems your people respect you, unlike ours lol!! (ugh I've gotta laugh now at it, no point in being mad or upset. I am just happy the people are coming)
      Hehehe Tracy - I pulled part of your reply from the other thread just so it didn't get too much off track :)

      I'm a geologist so with the economy the way it has been this year we've been fairly slow but now that it's year end we're trying to cram some last minute work in before the holidays. It's just really tricky because people are in and out of the office more randomly than usual (myself included) and most of us will be gone for the next two weeks so I really have a tight deadline. It isn't the entire staff either, it's just very dependent on what job it is that you do. But that's the breaks I guess.

      As for the sending of my reminder cards - I think I have about ten that need to go out so it's pretty cheap!! We still haven't heard from most of FI's friends back in his home town and unfortunately it's almost one of those things where if one of them doesn't go either will the rest. So I figured I can manage sending off a few more cards. Now the trouble is... I'd ordered some super cute postcards from vistaprint that I'd planned to include somehow for all our guests that are for sure coming, but then I found another postcard image that I really liked too and also want to use! It's so simple and I'm sure no one else will care even a fraction as much as me, but I'm just fussy about those details sometimes. I'm hoping this week coming up I'll be able to get a bunch of pictures of wedding things so I'll try to post if I do remember!

      And it's no fun at all that so many of our April girls are still waiting on a TON of RSVP's still. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you that once the holidays are over and people have a feel for the new year, the replies will just start rolling in!

      #1273 Melidell

      Melidell
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,091 posts

        Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by echo2_62
        Hehehe Tracy - I pulled part of your reply from the other thread just so it didn't get too much off track :)

        I'm a geologist so with the economy the way it has been this year we've been fairly slow but now that it's year end we're trying to cram some last minute work in before the holidays. It's just really tricky because people are in and out of the office more randomly than usual (myself included) and most of us will be gone for the next two weeks so I really have a tight deadline. It isn't the entire staff either, it's just very dependent on what job it is that you do. But that's the breaks I guess.

        As for the sending of my reminder cards - I think I have about ten that need to go out so it's pretty cheap!! We still haven't heard from most of FI's friends back in his home town and unfortunately it's almost one of those things where if one of them doesn't go either will the rest. So I figured I can manage sending off a few more cards. Now the trouble is... I'd ordered some super cute postcards from vistaprint that I'd planned to include somehow for all our guests that are for sure coming, but then I found another postcard image that I really liked too and also want to use! It's so simple and I'm sure no one else will care even a fraction as much as me, but I'm just fussy about those details sometimes. I'm hoping this week coming up I'll be able to get a bunch of pictures of wedding things so I'll try to post if I do remember!

        And it's no fun at all that so many of our April girls are still waiting on a TON of RSVP's still. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you that once the holidays are over and people have a feel for the new year, the replies will just start rolling in!
        I'm in a similar boat, too, with my Dad's family. My Aunts, Uncles and cousins on that side are the same way; if one goes then they'll all go. We've gotten some RSVPs back already (we gave them until Feb 1st) but so far nothing from that side. It's frustrating because I'd love to get moving on favours and mugs but my guest list could go up by another 10 or so, or it could stay where it is now and I've got no way to tell!

        My wedding planning is definitely on hold now too, work's busy right now for me as well and Christmas is keeping me pretty occupied. I'll have to get going again in January, for sure.
        Loving married life!

        #1274 mich&adam

        mich&adam
        • Newbie
        • 120 posts

          Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:47 PM

          Hi April 2010 Brides, just checking in and looking at my calendar and can't believe i have my first dress fitting already...January 9, 2010...WOW, that's insane!!!! Still waiting for the rest of my confirms to come in, a few people have booked, seems like i have a ton of procrastinating guests!!! Therefore, I haven't been able to start my OOT bags, although i do have the bags, just need the contents...hmmm..decisions, decisions

          #1275 echo2_62

          echo2_62
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,049 posts

            Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Melidell
            I'm in a similar boat, too, with my Dad's family. My Aunts, Uncles and cousins on that side are the same way; if one goes then they'll all go. We've gotten some RSVPs back already (we gave them until Feb 1st) but so far nothing from that side. It's frustrating because I'd love to get moving on favours and mugs but my guest list could go up by another 10 or so, or it could stay where it is now and I've got no way to tell!

            My wedding planning is definitely on hold now too, work's busy right now for me as well and Christmas is keeping me pretty occupied. I'll have to get going again in January, for sure.
            Just in case you or any other girls from CANADA hadn't seen another post I made on the "Canadian OOT bag info... where to shop" thread... I have found an Ontario-based Canadian company/distributor to buy mugs from! Hopefully this link will work... but otherwise it's post #333 on that thread Canadian Mug Distributor - Finally!.

            So anyways, the actual website itself is called PromoPays.ca and believe me you will have lots of options when it comes to picking your mugs. Many are the same as what you'd see on Discount Mugs or 4Imprint actually. The hardest problem with this site is that you really have to sift through a lot of pages and weed out the offers that have a high minimum selection (a mug on pg.3 will have a min. order of 1000 but the same mug on pg.14 will have a min. order of 50. Also, there doesn't seem to be a direct relationship of numbers to pricing so in some cases if you don't mind having some extra mugs, you'll actually pay less.

            Sorry for the repeat of anything on the other thread but hopefully it makes some sense once you get on the actual website!

            #1276 caribbeanLover

            caribbeanLover
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,619 posts

              Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:00 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by echo2_62
              Hehehe Tracy - I pulled part of your reply from the other thread just so it didn't get too much off track :)

              I'm a geologist so with the economy the way it has been this year we've been fairly slow but now that it's year end we're trying to cram some last minute work in before the holidays. It's just really tricky because people are in and out of the office more randomly than usual (myself included) and most of us will be gone for the next two weeks so I really have a tight deadline. It isn't the entire staff either, it's just very dependent on what job it is that you do. But that's the breaks I guess.

              As for the sending of my reminder cards - I think I have about ten that need to go out so it's pretty cheap!! We still haven't heard from most of FI's friends back in his home town and unfortunately it's almost one of those things where if one of them doesn't go either will the rest. So I figured I can manage sending off a few more cards. Now the trouble is... I'd ordered some super cute postcards from vistaprint that I'd planned to include somehow for all our guests that are for sure coming, but then I found another postcard image that I really liked too and also want to use! It's so simple and I'm sure no one else will care even a fraction as much as me, but I'm just fussy about those details sometimes. I'm hoping this week coming up I'll be able to get a bunch of pictures of wedding things so I'll try to post if I do remember!

              And it's no fun at all that so many of our April girls are still waiting on a TON of RSVP's still. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you that once the holidays are over and people have a feel for the new year, the replies will just start rolling in!
              First off, sorry for my delay. Been recovering from my 2 hospital visit's.. plus trying to get xmas cards out, tree up and decorated, gifts bought and wrapped. Now I've gotta bake, and have a few family dinner parties this week. It's beeen sooooo busy, my heads spinning. Luckly for me work isn't anything for me right now, bring in a few extra bucks but doesn't take my time up (cleaning houses, this is what I had to take because there has been no other offers, cause of my lack of frnehc =-( Calgary is looking good BTW lol.. just sooo cold!!!

              I have to admit, I had to google up exactly what you do. WHich is so interesting. You must have fun going to work. Again so sorry it's been so busy that you can't even take your full holiday vacation. At least The wedding is coming up, we'll all get some sort of break. Are you doing 2 weeks in Mexico?
              We are only doing 1 week leaving the 10th our wedding the 13th and leaving 17th. I feel cheated out of a honeymoon. But the FI thought 2 weeks would be to long (I other the other hand do not) but also the money was a factor in making the decision.

              Oh, I thought you had to send out like 50 reminder cards. 10 isn't nothing wont cost much at all.
              I bought the same post cards, but I will use them as invites for our in town reception.
              That's sad, if 1 doesn't go none will. I guess men really do never grow up huh!!
              Luckly I am not dealing with that( I think it's the only thing I am NOT dealing with lol) Post pics of your post card. I am sure they are cute. I do the same thing tho lol buy something, go back look.. say ohh I found something nicer.
              So what I do now is if I buy something, i.e from vistaprint I wont go back and look at the same product. I'll just be asking for a whole lot of trouble. lol

              I am excited for Jan, most of us will have our rsvp back and know who is and isn't coming. Most of us will be able to finish up our OOT bags. This is the # pain in my butt.
              http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
              Tracy and Mike

              Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
              Happily ever after...

              #1277 caribbeanLover

              caribbeanLover
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,619 posts

                Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:01 PM

                BTW- thanks for sharing the link!!
                http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                Tracy and Mike

                Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                Happily ever after...

                #1278 jk1101

                jk1101
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,582 posts

                  Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:27 PM

                  So excited today - I just talked to the wedding coordinator at my resort! Picked a cake and will be picking menus and flowers! Starting to seem very real!

                  #1279 caribbeanLover

                  caribbeanLover
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,619 posts

                    Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:11 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jerseykitten
                    So excited today - I just talked to the wedding coordinator at my resort! Picked a cake and will be picking menus and flowers! Starting to seem very real!
                    yaaah!!! Congrates!!! Must feel great. Do you have a pic of the cake you choose? I'd love to see it. For insperation!! :)

                    I also got m e-shoot in this week. I will post them later. They turned out real nice. I am very excited about them, and happy We spend the money we did on them :)
                    http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                    Tracy and Mike

                    Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                    Happily ever after...

                    #1280 KimmyG

                    KimmyG
                    • Member
                    • 520 posts

                      Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

                      Hi everyone! I'm pretty far behind on planning.... in the process of getting out invitations and working out photographer; had first dress fitting, but that's all ive got under my belt! Busy career time right now...
                      I'd like to start gathering OOT ingredients but i'm low on funds and on storage space in the apartment!
                      I'd also like to start our registries so we can add the links to our webpage. Is anyone doing a honeymoon registry??




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users