Photo

April 2010 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#1251 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
  • 380 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

Have you thought about candy? I saw a bride here use mints as a favor and she made a wrapper for them that said, "Mint to be"... I thought it was cute and am considering doing this. That way you won't have to lug down heavy stuff and in my case, wonder if anyone's ever going to use whatever it is I give them.

#1252 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
    • 949 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:45 PM

call me crazy, but i'm not even doing a "table favor" at the reception. most of my guests aren't paying for their trips so i don't feel like i owe them a TON, but based on what i know from when my friends and family members have gotten married, a lot of time and money is spent coming up with something and then people either forget them on the table or don't end up using them. i think it you spent that extra money on the OOT bags. if you really want to have something on the tables though, i like tonya's idea. nice and simple and cute!

so i had my reception plans all changed and everything and i just found out that someone had requested that date before me and the event coordinator didn't realize it. now i have to keep my fingers crossed until tomorrow that either the people don't respond to her or they want a day cruise and not a sunset one! i hate being nervous about this after i got all excited about it!!

#1253 Melidell

Melidell
      • 1,091 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:04 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ebredhawk
        call me crazy, but i'm not even doing a "table favor" at the reception. most of my guests aren't paying for their trips so i don't feel like i owe them a TON, but based on what i know from when my friends and family members have gotten married, a lot of time and money is spent coming up with something and then people either forget them on the table or don't end up using them. i think it you spent that extra money on the OOT bags. if you really want to have something on the tables though, i like tonya's idea. nice and simple and cute!

so i had my reception plans all changed and everything and i just found out that someone had requested that date before me and the event coordinator didn't realize it. now i have to keep my fingers crossed until tomorrow that either the people don't respond to her or they want a day cruise and not a sunset one! i hate being nervous about this after i got all excited about it!!
        That's too bad about the reception plans. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, too. This wedding planning can be quite the roller coaster sometimes, can't it?
        Loving married life!

#1254 jodi_22n

jodi_22n
        • 122 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

that sucks about the reception issue xxx fingers crossed it all gets sorted xx

i am not doing any table favours out in Jamaica i might do something simple at the AHR depends how i feel closer to the time x

#1255 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
          • 380 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

Sorry to hear about the reception fiasco Erin! I am also in the planning stages of my reception and I agree about the roller coaster associated with it. I hope everything works out!!

#1256 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
            • 342 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:27 PM

I'm not doing any table favors. I am putting together oot bags for everyone. I have about 33 people going so far which comes out to 23 bags (1 per couple and 1 per single) so it's still manageable for me to bring everything down. I am only filling the bags with small/light things.
              ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#1257 jk1101

jk1101
              • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:45 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jerzygirl85
                I'm not doing any table favors. I am putting together oot bags for everyone. I have about 33 people going so far which comes out to 23 bags (1 per couple and 1 per single) so it's still manageable for me to bring everything down. I am only filling the bags with small/light things.
                I'm not planning to do table favors either. I think I might do fans for the ceremony and then the OOT bags and that will be enough.

#1258 jodi_22n

jodi_22n
                • 122 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:42 PM

i like the idea of the fans but i havent found anywhere that i can get them from yet
                  live in the uk so i need somewhere that can ship to me without costing the earth xx

#1259 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
                  • 1,619 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:22 PM

Thanks guys for your opinions about the table favours. You guys are just so helpful and amazing!!!
                    I think I really like the 'mint to be' idea. I just have to look for it now, so if any of you find the thread, pls pass it along.
                    I have the fans in the OOT bag for the woman. I actually was walking on St-Hubert street and walk into a chiness (those cool stores) and found the fans on sale for $.99
                    Just keep looking Jodi, you'll find them somewhere. Where exactly are you? I have a friend in Ireland (his actually coming to the wedding) if your close enough I am sure he can look into it for me to find you certine things (his pretty good and helpful like that,his my bro from a different mother/father lol)

Erin, I am so sorry to hear about the reception plans, this is for Cuba right? Would you have a plan B?
                    http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                    Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                    Happily ever after...

#1260 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
                    • 949 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:10 PM

thank you all for your good thoughts.. it must have worked because we officially got the date for the catamaran!! the amazing event coordinator asked the other group if they would switch to a different day because she was trying to accomodate a wedding reception!! i am beyond thrilled now! i can finally take a deep breath and enjoy it without worrying about jinxing it!

tracy.. i found these on the knot: Wedding Favors - Wedding Favor - Wedding Favors Ideas)

they have a whole bunch of different options.. just search for "mints" in the wedding store. i'm not sure how their shipping to canada is, but they have great deals there and you can completely personalize the little container!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users