April 2010 Brides

Tracy, I Love it!! I so wish I would have done that!!

Funny thing is I didn't put a phone number or an email address on my RSVP's because the price I payed for the return stamps I wanted to make sure everyone mailed the darn things back to me!!!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suzy - you've got the AHR thing right :)

And I only had about 30-35 invites total to do so I included return postage. I was planning on sending the rest even though many of them are close enough to hand deliver. It's so rare to get any REAL mail that isn't bills or sales garbage!!

The ONLY reason that I paid so much for those other four invites was to have them sent through express post. I'll deal with the extra costs (even though I agree they were ridiculous!) just to have the satisfaction of one less issue with the inlaws right now. Short story, there is a list a mile long of why they aren't happy with us, 95% to do with the wedding, and we've spoken with them once in the last five weeks almost as a result. So in the end, its worth the $40!! Sheesh! LOL, and I thought I had a *good* relationship with the inlaws before this!!

weddings bring out the worst in parents. I know!! Tho I've been lucky in a sence with my in laws, they haven't been a part of anything. They just had their daughter's wedding on their house, but that was in Aug. They still have no interest's in my plans with the wedding. Which is a little disapointing, since I know how active they were for my FI sister's wedding.

Suzy, LOL sorry I should have just said at home reception

I don't even want to think about how much the stamps cost (I think about 60-70$) and the due date was today, I didn't get a single one back. I feel none of our friends and family have no respect for us!

Oh Meghan, so sorry to hear that the in-laws have issues!!

That's never fun, I hate family tension - although unavoidable!

I am really lucky with my in-laws, I've been a daughter to them pretty much from the start and it's been almost 8 years. It's my family that I'm having the trouble with!! lol

They are one of the factors why we decided on a DW, knowing full well who could afford it and who couldn't - oh the family drama!!!

Hopefully it all work out in the end...for the both of us!! lol

We are going to have a blast, we'll both have the Wedding of our Dreams, and we'll have a beautiful golden tan!! lol Mmmmmm sun+ocean=can't wait!!

I know what you mean about only receiving bills - my FI and I get soooo excited when we get an RSVP even though we pretty much know who is going!!

Oh no Tracy! I forgot your rsvp date was today :o(

Hopefully people will wise up and just get it done - if they know they can't come they should just send the RSVP! I know you've talked about it before but you had emailed everyone to remind them didn't you?

Maybe this will mean that they all are coming! I'll cross my fingers and toes for you that you'll at least receive something...

As long as you and your FI are at the wedding that's all that counts, and like I said before: if my FI and I ever get married again, lol, we'll definitely be emailing people just to tell them they are NOT invited and we'll just go sneak away!! lol

Keep your head up it'll all work out in the end :o)

LOL, I can just see people's faces if they got an email saying "Our RSVP date has come and gone. As we have not received any reply from you, we'd like to say thank you for your assistance in uninviting yourself to our wedding. We're sorry that you'll miss out on the wonderful vacation that we'll be having with the rest of our friends and family. Have a great day!"

Oh man, I am laughing too hard at my own jokes right now! Sorry ladies! Hahaha! (I've been at work for faaaaarr too long today!).

Tracy, I'm sorry that your guests are all being so stupid about not replying. I know I had issues when writing my invites with asking for the reply because it's hard to clarify that you aren't expecting everyone to BOOK by the rspv date, just give an honest confirmation of their plans to ATTEND. I really hope that you start to get some replies coming in over the next couple months (at least!) as people start to realize that it is indeed time to start planning their vacation schedules for the new year. I say if you haven't heard anything from anyone still by the holidays, that you start spreading your own rumours about uninviting people. Maybe then people will get the hint!

Sarah - I love your invitations - beautiful!

Erin - that dress is awesome - I Love VS - I order from them all the time - I may have to get that dress for myself!

Meghan - your email uninviting guests is hysterical -we have to remember that on days when we're stressed out!

Tracy - I'm sorry you didn't get your RSVPs - are you going to call or email people? If it's any consolation, you're still 2 ahead of me - my parents still haven't booked yet BangHead.gif

It may feel uncomfortable for you to call, but really it will be much more uncomfortable for the person who didn't rsvp. Or you can leave a message like Meghan's email and say "Since you didn't RSVP I'm assuming you can't come - sorry you can't make it and we'll miss you". See how fast they call you back then!

Welcome Melidell!

thanks so much guys for the support. and so making me laugh in this type of situation!

The FI said he will make the calls. He even stayed ppl are probably waiting closer to really see whats going on, and they probably didn't reply because they didn't want to disapoint or say no when maybe in the end they could come. All I am saying is, just let us know that. I actually got an e-mail from friends that we met when we traveled, We haven't seen them in 2 years, but they are super nice ppl so I invited them. They out off all our friends and family sent me an e-mail asking if it would be ok to rsvp in the very begining of the new year. That was fine. Atleast I know!!!

I love your e-mail idea lol. The FI said I wasn't allowed to send that sad.gif lol

Good point, it may be a little uncomfortable to make the call but the person on the other end will me even more uncomfortable!!

Thanks guys so much for the support. I'll let you guys know how that goes in the end.

Your parents do plan on coming right jerseykitten

Yes my parents plan on coming - my mom has even talked with the TA, but the last time I asked her if she booked the trip she told me "I forgot".

How do you forget to book your trip for your daughter's wedding??

She said in her mind it's a given that she's coming so she just assumes it's done.

It freaks her out that the TA uses email and my mom is computer-phobic - she knows how to do things but then forgets....she was the first one to send the RSVP but I guarantee when i ask her if she's called she will tell me she forgot. Again.

I promise you girls I will ask her this weekend and tell you what she says!