Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jk1101

April 2010 Brides

Recommended Posts

it has been very quiet.

 

I've been busy with prepare for a sugery next week(yes I am def not looking forward of the recovery, never been good at lying in bed all day long). we've been to the bank about a pre approval for a morage and we got it, so our whole focus has been house hunter and crunch #'s. Plus I've been planning the AHR for mid July!

 

How much is/was everyones budge for their AHR?

 

what has everyone else been up too?

 

taylorwd,

sorry to hear your having problems with the cupcake person, but seems like everything else is falling in to play, so that's great!!!! It always feel good to get that 1 person (especially on those down days) that brings you right out of the bubble!!! I love ppl like that

seems like you've got a lot acomplished, woohoo!!!! :)

 

I'm right on with you, I feel lost in a since even tho we're on the next step of our lives. i still miss being a bride to be and the whole feeling of 'I'm getting married!!!!!"

Aww well!!!

actually my MOH is pregnant (she got knocked up by trying) on our wedding week. It's a little werid lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taylor, i just had to stop in and tell you that I am also really missing feeling like a bride

its so sad sad.gif My AHR is in 3 weeks (June 26) so maybe the feeling will come back but for now it is just a royal pain in the ass and i am ready to quit!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Plus I've been planning the AHR for mid July!

How much is/was everyones budge for their AHR?
Now wait, I thought you WEREN'T planning your AHR. I thought you were only responsible for the cupcakes? Did you get roped into doing more?

Our initial budget was $1000 but that turned out to be a bit naive, so now it's $2000. $600 of that is the party barge rental. LOL, well if DH were planning it we could probably do it for $1k, but I'm trying to make it as wedding-like for our guests as possible. Hence the cupcake tower with a cutting cake, flower table arrangement, banner and other decorations, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayBride2010 View Post
Taylor, i just had to stop in and tell you that I am also really missing feeling like a bride
its so sad sad.gif My AHR is in 3 weeks (June 26) so maybe the feeling will come back but for now it is just a royal pain in the ass and i am ready to quit!!!
Oh trust me, I understand! I spent all last weekend doing AHR planning stuff (ours is the 26th too!), and I kept thinking to myself, "Damnit, I'm supposed to be done with all this!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's soooo hot outside, and a party barge sounds like so much fun right now..... (daydreaming)

 

Tracy - I hope your surgery goes well and that all your pain and frustration will go away. At least you have some good news about getting pre-approved for a mortgage and now you can go house shopping! Home shopping was so fun and exciting for us :) And I totally agree, I think it's a little odd that she got pregnant while trying during your wedding.

 

We spent maybe $600 on our AHR.

 

It's not that I feel lost after our wedding, but I do kind of miss being on that high. Now that I look back I wish I would have done a lot things differently and had not let DH talk me into not doing the things that would have made it really special for me. Stupid boys.

 

We have seriously been non stop ever since we got home. We were really looking forward to the Memorial weekend thinking that we didn't have much going on and we could relax.... but a very good friend of ours passed away that week so we had to drive almost 4 hrs to her funeral on Saturday. Now we have a birthday party this Saturday for a long time family friend. It feels like it's never going to stop! We just need a breather for a bit and then the world can continue to turn. We never really got the chance to soak up the whole "oh we're married, lets enjoy being newly weds" thing.

 

As of yesterday, we have been married 2 months! We're going to celebrate tonight by going to dinner and having a date night :) I'm really excited as we never have date nights, nor do we ever go out to eat for anything other then Taco Tuesday (yuck-o).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YEEEEEEA love your pictures!! Your bouquet is gorgeous! I love the sunset pictures. I must say, you have seemed awfully patient waiting this long to get them. I don't think I would have been as calm as you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Hi ya ladies! It's amazing how much of a ghost town this thread has become. I wonder if all the monthly threads go through this as we all get back to normal life as we know it?

I've been missing feeling like a bride lately. Anyone else? I don't miss the stress or planning, but I do miss being a bride! I have a friend who's just starting the wedding planning and I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous. LOL not of the trying months ahead but of that radiant, I'm-getting-married feeling.

I was so excited yesterday because I got to have a little bit of that when I went to the florist :) I had been dealing with our cupcake person all day (who's really making me angry) and wasn't in the best of moods. In addition to the cupcakes, I'm having a small cutting cake for our AHR and wanted to stop at a florist for a cake topper. The lady was soooooo nice and friendly and easy and everything we want our vendors to be but aren't! She was so excited for me and couldn't have cared less that all I wanted was a cake topper and a single vase arrangement. She treated me like I was having the grandest wedding and just overall made me smile. So I just wanted to share!

The AHR planning is moving right along! The menu is set, the slide show is done, the guestbook is figured out, and decorations are done. And I even think we found a cook! There's a grill on the party barge so we're thinking pork loin and chicken, but we didn't want to be stuck cooking, nor did we want to ask a friend to do it. Now all we have to figure out is what other kind of alcohol to have besides a keg. Hmmmm.....
It's been a ghost town for sure... I have to admit, I'm having a little bit of "wedding" withdrawal too. No weddings to attend or AHRs in the near future. So, no one to live vicariously through right now. I just keep watching our wedding video and going through the pictures (and of course, making my friends and family suffer through them too)!!

You will definitely have to share pics of your AHR with us!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
it has been very quiet.

I've been busy with prepare for a sugery next week(yes I am def not looking forward of the recovery, never been good at lying in bed all day long). we've been to the bank about a pre approval for a morage and we got it, so our whole focus has been house hunter and crunch #'s. Plus I've been planning the AHR for mid July!

How much is/was everyones budge for their AHR?

what has everyone else been up too?

taylorwd,
sorry to hear your having problems with the cupcake person, but seems like everything else is falling in to play, so that's great!!!! It always feel good to get that 1 person (especially on those down days) that brings you right out of the bubble!!! I love ppl like that
seems like you've got a lot acomplished, woohoo!!!! :)

I'm right on with you, I feel lost in a since even tho we're on the next step of our lives. i still miss being a bride to be and the whole feeling of 'I'm getting married!!!!!"
Aww well!!!
actually my MOH is pregnant (she got knocked up by trying) on our wedding week. It's a little werid lol
So, you finally got a surgery date... I sure hope things go well for you during and after surgery.

Your MOH got knocked up during your wedding week huh? That's so funny and weird at the same time.

I'm not having an AHR and haven't been up to too much except trying to get back to normal life. Oh, and hubby is finally moving in next weekend. Yay!!! So, I'm trying to make room for his stuff, since I have all of the closets in the house filled with my clothes! That's my project for this weekend.



Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt75 View Post
It's soooo hot outside, and a party barge sounds like so much fun right now..... (daydreaming)

Tracy - I hope your surgery goes well and that all your pain and frustration will go away. At least you have some good news about getting pre-approved for a mortgage and now you can go house shopping! Home shopping was so fun and exciting for us :) And I totally agree, I think it's a little odd that she got pregnant while trying during your wedding.

We spent maybe $600 on our AHR.

It's not that I feel lost after our wedding, but I do kind of miss being on that high. Now that I look back I wish I would have done a lot things differently and had not let DH talk me into not doing the things that would have made it really special for me. Stupid boys.

We have seriously been non stop ever since we got home. We were really looking forward to the Memorial weekend thinking that we didn't have much going on and we could relax.... but a very good friend of ours passed away that week so we had to drive almost 4 hrs to her funeral on Saturday. Now we have a birthday party this Saturday for a long time family friend. It feels like it's never going to stop! We just need a breather for a bit and then the world can continue to turn. We never really got the chance to soak up the whole "oh we're married, lets enjoy being newly weds" thing.

As of yesterday, we have been married 2 months! We're going to celebrate tonight by going to dinner and having a date night :) I'm really excited as we never have date nights, nor do we ever go out to eat for anything other then Taco Tuesday (yuck-o).

So sorry to hear about your friend.

You've made the 2 month mark already?! I guess I'm getting there myself too. I think the hubby and I need to get out for a date night soon too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
Hi guys -
i know it's been forever
I finally got my pictures!
Here is the link to Pictage

http://www.pictage.com/829817

And here is the link to the blog with our slideshow

HOME

The photographer is missing some of the TTD pics on Pictage - you can only see them in the slideshow.
The pictures are great Michelle. They got some really good shots. Must feel good to finally get them and be able to share them with everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
YEEEEEEA love your pictures!! Your bouquet is gorgeous! I love the sunset pictures. I must say, you have seemed awfully patient waiting this long to get them. I don't think I would have been as calm as you!
Thank you - i wouldn't say i've been patient - i sent a few emails to the photographer...apparently the internet connections in Jamaica make it difficult to upload the pictures to Pictage - they're still missing some of my TTD session - i sent her another note today. I was checking the site daily, even though I knew i'd get an email when they were up! i'm so happy they are finally here!!!!


I totally understand the missing feeling like a bride - I'm kind of glad it's over, but it was such a great feeling. Now we're known as "the newlyweds" so that's kind of nice too, though.

Jenna - we had a date night last night too - DH surprised me and took me to the city (that's New York City for us) and we went to some jazz clubs and had some Thai food. it was HOT but so nice to just go out and enjoy ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
  • Topics

×