April 2010 Brides

you ladies are awesome... i can't say that enough!! your excitement for us just warms my heart! it's nice to know that there are people out there (besides our family of course) who can truly appreciate how much this means to us. now everything is really complete!!!

oh NO tracy.. hahahaha.. what great timing! late period right before you leave?! here's hoping you get that soon!! and i just saw your TICKER!! one more day till you go!!!!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erin- no worries! We've all been rooting for you. I think J's daughter is lucky that she's going to have a step Mom like you. It's obvious from your posts how much you care about her and have her best interests at heart- that's why we're all rooting for you! You deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
and HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY WEDDING DAY TO KIMMY AND MARTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy wedding day girls! Knock 'em dead!

I can't believe you leave tommorrow, Tracy! I'm hoping your period either shows up soon or waits 'till you get back!

So I've got my bachelorette thing tonight. We're keeping it pretty low key, so that's a plus- just out to dinner and drinks and then back here to my place for a girls night (and more drinks). They'll probably try to drag me out to the bar after that- we'll see how it goes. I'll try to post up some pictures in the next few days (assuming I don't die of alchohol poisoning).

I'm a bit nervous about tonight, too. Every time we have a party or anything like that I'm always convinced no one will turn up, or they won't have a good time if they do (this has never happened, we have wicked parties whenever we do have one, but I always feel this way). FI threw me a birthday party a couple of years ago and I was a basket case all day beforehand because of this. I've come to the conclusion that I'm a big weirdo, but I know I'll still get myself all worked up about it today. So I've been trying not to think about it too much, which isn't too hard with all of the wedding/travel stuff that's been racing across my brain.

Erin,

I love your veil, and the flower!!! amazing!! your going to look beautful with Jays daughter there... I'm so freaking happy for you guys. I know how much you wanted this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsweet7675 View Post
Thanks Ladies for all the compliments on the garter that my Mom made. My Mom actually made her own wedding dress and all of her bridesmaids†dresses for her wedding years ago. I did not want to burden her with making my wedding dress. We live about a 16 hour drive apart too, so that would have been difficult logistically. Plus, she is more of a sew-by-pattern kind of person and I could not find any wedding dress patterns that I liked. Can you believe she was not very satisfied with how the garter turned out… I was like, “are you crazy, itâ€s beautiful†and its extra special since it was made from her dress.

Tracy, sorry to hear about the drama with your girlfriend. Iâ€m not sure I would go as far as un-inviting her, but I would just not answer her calls anymore, like your FI said. You have other things to worry about and she has had plenty of time to plan for this trip. Enough is enough. Some people!

My planning is coming along, not much left to do. I have my final dress fitting on Monday 4/12, yay! I have to make CDâ€s of my wedding ceremony music and wedding reception music. FI is going to work on making wedding favor CD's. I have to draft up my photography wish list for the wedding photographer, book at least one group shore excursion for our group that is cruising with us, put the iron-ons on my bridal party hoodies (gonna try to do that tonight), and start packing (Iâ€ve drafted up a packing list). That was just off the top of my head… there are probably some things that I am missing, but nothing major.

Can you believe that the best man for our wedding has not been fitted for his tux yet? He claims he has done it, but Menâ€s Wearhouse has no record of him being fitted. After this Friday, we will get charged “rush fees†for anyone who is not fitted by this Friday. I told FI that either the best man is going to have to pay the rush fees if heâ€s not fitted by the deadline or he is out of the wedding. Luckily, my brother is going to be an usher for the wedding, so he can stand in as a groomsman if needed. Iâ€m hoping itâ€s just a mix up on Menâ€s Wearhouseâ€s part and not the best manâ€s irresponsibility. He shouldnâ€t have waited until the last minute anyway. Iâ€m letting FI handle this one. Heâ€s starting to get frustrated because his “best man†will not reply to any of the text messages that he sent him today. FI says he has never had this kind of issue with him before.

Oh, and my sister decided a couple of weeks ago that she was going to cut all of her hair off, like boy cut short, like 1/2 inch short (why she cut it is something I donâ€t even want to go into). I donâ€t know if you are familiar with african-american hair, but it does not grow back quickly. So, when she was here to get her bridesmaids dress fitting, we went wig shopping too. I paid for it of course, because she just graduated from college so she doesnâ€t have the money to buy it; they are not cheap She is wearing the wig in the photo that I posted a few days ago of her in the bridesmaids dress. I mean, why couldnâ€t she wait until after the wedding to make such a drastic decision? Just an extra expense and stress for me! I had already made an appointment for her to get her hair and makeup done on the morning of the wedding, now I have to see if I can cancel the “hair†part without penalty.

After all of my on-line ordering, I was finally scammed. See my post http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ved-com-57613/. But, everything is going to turn out ok in the end I think.

Whew!! Iâ€m so sorry for my vent. I think today was venting day!

Well I wantt to wish you the best of luck for you final fitting, I'm sure it'll go with out a hitch. I'll be in Punta Cana by then (leaving tomorrow for the airport at 3:30 am)

I hope you guys get it all sorted with the Groomsmen, and I really hope it's the department stores mix up and the GM actually wants to be a part of this.

Let us know what happens!!!

awww, WHY do people do such stupid things right before being a part of a wedding, especially your sisters wedding!!!!

At least you got a wig for her that you feel comfortable with for the pics and all. Sorry you even had to go through the extra stress for clearly nothing!!!

Your wedding day is fast approching, once it's over with it's time to relax and be brain dead!! thats my plan lol!!!

COLOR]

I'm sure i'll write my last post before I take off tomorrow morning.

Thanks girls for all the fingers crossing, I think it worked.. starting my period!!! LOL

I mean it would have been nice if I could have start yesterday this way I would have been done for the wedding on Tuesday but looks like it'll be my last day on the wedding which isn't bad at all, it's the first 3 days that I'd normally end up in the hospital if I was to. Looking good tho!! :)

all this stress and worry andtalking about for a stupid period!!!!

Sorry for my mini vent lol

Happy Wedding day Martine and Kimmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll actually get to see Martine and wish her a congrats since she's at the same resort as us!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melidell View Post
Erin- no worries! We've all been rooting for you. I think J's daughter is lucky that she's going to have a step Mom like you. It's obvious from your posts how much you care about her and have her best interests at heart- that's why we're all rooting for you! You deserve it.

I can't believe you leave tommorrow, Tracy! I'm hoping your period either shows up soon or waits 'till you get back!

So I've got my bachelorette thing tonight. We're keeping it pretty low key, so that's a plus- just out to dinner and drinks and then back here to my place for a girls night (and more drinks). They'll probably try to drag me out to the bar after that- we'll see how it goes. I'll try to post up some pictures in the next few days (assuming I don't die of alchohol poisoning).

I'm a bit nervous about tonight, too. Every time we have a party or anything like that I'm always convinced no one will turn up, or they won't have a good time if they do (this has never happened, we have wicked parties whenever we do have one, but I always feel this way). FI threw me a birthday party a couple of years ago and I was a basket case all day beforehand because of this. I've come to the conclusion that I'm a big weirdo, but I know I'll still get myself all worked up about it today. So I've been trying not to think about it too much, which isn't too hard with all of the wedding/travel stuff that's been racing across my brain.

Ohh your Bache party!! that'll be so much fun.. you deserve a night out !!!

This time around, it's not your problem whether people are having a good time or not, it's your party, and the only person you need to worry about having a good time is yourself!! Keep remembering that girl, and you'll have a blast. Besides it's a bache party.. everyone has fun!!!! I'm sure your friends know what they are doing and will make sure everyone feels included. If your really really worried.. plan a game that you can get started. Then just go from there.

ANd People will show up for you!!!!!!!!!! don't be so silly!!! I know it's hard not to get over worked up, but like you said try and not think about it to much!!! Just enjoy!!!

Wohooo Offically just starte my period, Thanks to my GF who wouldn't take no for an answer for drinks and to all of you for crossing your fingers for me.

Also Another big Thank you, To all of you. You all have been amazing and helpful I doubt I would have half the stuff I do with out you guys. All the ideas and especially for the support!!!!

It's so amazing a lot of us has made some great friends here... I know for who ever wants to keep in contact I'd love that.. maybe FB would be best. But we can do that when we all get back as married woman!!!

ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY to you and your FI!! So glad she is able to come with you guys and share this special day!!! Glad the Judge was a wise one!!

Tracy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY to you for the drinks working! lol

and have a great flight tomorrow!! can't believe we're all leaving here and there, seems so surreal!!!

Mel - have a blast tonight!!! You will have so much fun you'll wonder why you worried in the first place...but I'm just like you when we have people over or organize anything - I'm a worry wart too, and always wonder if everyone is having a good time!!!

CONGRATS to all us APRIL BRIDES!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Ohh your Bache party!! that'll be so much fun.. you deserve a night out !!!
This time around, it's not your problem whether people are having a good time or not, it's your party, and the only person you need to worry about having a good time is yourself!! Keep remembering that girl, and you'll have a blast. Besides it's a bache party.. everyone has fun!!!! I'm sure your friends know what they are doing and will make sure everyone feels included. If your really really worried.. plan a game that you can get started. Then just go from there.
ANd People will show up for you!!!!!!!!!! don't be so silly!!! I know it's hard not to get over worked up, but like you said try and not think about it to much!!! Just enjoy!!!

Wohooo Offically just starte my period, Thanks to my GF who wouldn't take no for an answer for drinks and to all of you for crossing your fingers for me.

Also Another big Thank you, To all of you. You all have been amazing and helpful I doubt I would have half the stuff I do with out you guys. All the ideas and especially for the support!!!!
It's so amazing a lot of us has made some great friends here... I know for who ever wants to keep in contact I'd love that.. maybe FB would be best. But we can do that when we all get back as married woman!!!
Aww... thanks for the encouragement. You're right- I need to focus on having a good time myself and everything else will take care of itself. Plus, my MOH is organizing it so I'm sure she'll make sure everyone has a good time.

So glad the you've started and that (fingers crossed) it's not a bad one! Lol- drinks are obviously the magic cure for everything! Figures that if you were going to be inconveniently late it would be now.

I'll keep an eye out for your last post tomorrow when I get up but since I'll be busy tonight and sleeping in tomorrow let me just say now- have a safe and fun trip and the wedding of your dreams!smile29.gif Let us know how it went when you get back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ76 View Post
Mel - have a blast tonight!!! You will have so much fun you'll wonder why you worried in the first place...but I'm just like you when we have people over or organize anything - I'm a worry wart too, and always wonder if everyone is having a good time!!!

CONGRATS to all us APRIL BRIDES!!!!!!!
Thanks, Suzy- I'm sure you're right. It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one who does this to myself.

Tracy, if I don't get another post in before you leave, have a safe trip and a wonderful wedding! We will miss you on the forum while you are away. Can't wait to hear about everything when you get back.

Oh, and the best man's issue with his fitting was the store's mix-up... at least that is what he told us. In any case, it is resolved.

Thanks guys so much for your wonderful/nice comment!!! I'm sure your off now to your party, thinking of you!!!

And I'll be thinking of you bright and early Michele even tho your not reading!!!

Suzy,

Thanks so much!!

It truly doesn't feel real.. I still can't believe I leave in the morning... I think it might hit me when my alarm goes off at 3am (when I normally go to bed)

And it still hasn't hit me to much that I'll be married on Tuesday!!!!

Nat,

Thank you thank you!!! I will actually miss you guys so much!!!!!!!!!!! I'll sneak in once and awhile at night (we have free internet access)

When do you leave for FL?

Ohhhh I am sooo happy it's fixed... 1 less thing to stress about! Great!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melidell View Post

Have a great time at your bachelorette!! I'm the same way... every time I have a party, I worry about people not showing up. But, I'm just a worrier (if that's a word).

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
It's so true that you really do find out what people are truly like in events like these. FI doesn't always seem to understand my theories on my friends - but I will not have people around me who think that it's okay to lie, manipulate and disregard others. The tricky part now will be how to avoid these guys as much as possible during our trip...
Your GM's are unbelievable... That's exactly why I didn't want the big at home wedding, because I knew that the worst would come out in some people. Who knew that it happens for destination weddings too?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ76 View Post
Nat - Unfortunately my family is not the Worldly Travelers that my FI's family is, so we've had some grumblings from my family from the start...and to make everything even worse - my Mom suffered and survived a brain aneurysm 3 years ago while she was in the States visiting my Brother (we totally call her the Million Dollar Woman! because of her medical bills :o)and now she is totally nervous about EVERYTHING, including traveling, flying, different countries - you name it!! So initially it's been the drug wars, then the earthquake...any piece of media she sees/reads kind of gets her nerves all in a jumble, and now that everything is coming so close I think it's all really freaking her out.

ugh, she did try to cancel and she can't, so looks like she is coming, but this has all been sooooo draining, I just hope once she gets there she will have fun and realize she didn't have to worry sooo much!!

Sorry I haven't been able to catch up on everything ladies....I will read up on things and try to catch up on all the happenings!! Hoping all is well with everyone, we're in the homestretch now!!!

:o)
Aww Suzy, I sure hope your Mom ends up having a great time at your wedding. Hopefully, it will help change her view on traveleing at least a little bit.

Well, FI is in town this weekend and we are going to do some shopping to get all of our final wedding/honeymoon stuff, so I may not get to post much, if at all this weekend. Only two weeks to go for me!!!thewave.gif