Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jk1101

April 2010 Brides

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
I'm excited - I'm ready to go. 4:30pm tomorrow (when i leave work) can't come soon enough!
I'm so excited for you Michele!! I can't believe it's time already. Have a great time and all the best to you and your future hubby. Can't wait to see pics when you get back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, this month crept up on us sooo fast! So many of you are off to your weddings this week and mine will be here before I know it. So exciting!!!woot.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie424 View Post
yay!!!

Happy Wedding Month Ladies!

I bet a lot of you are leaving in only a few weeks - so congratulations and have a lovely wedding and trip!

 

I wanted to pass on a bit of helpful name change information:

MissNowMrs Online Married Name Change Service

It is a website that essentially walks you through the entire name change process, fills out all your forms and then you print PDF's with instruction sheets for each one! there are 2 prices $20 or $30 which is not bad at all.

I am going to check to be sure they can accept foreign wedding documents - but I know a lot of us probably have to get a local marriage certificate anyways so it may not matter.

Hope it is helpful -- and Happy Weddings to all! Looking forward to seeing pix and reviews ;-)

Thanks for sharing the link. I'm not looking forward to all the paperwork to change my last name, but maybe this site will help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to share a photo of the garter that my mom made. It is my "something old". She made it out of the satin and lace from her wedding dress. The blue ribbon and rhinestone detail is not from her wedding dress, just something she decided to add to it. I'm so proud of her!

 

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michele, I know the feeling!!! but it must be worse to be having to work, but not be easy... 1 more day!!!

 

OMG Nat I love the garter, your mom did an amazing job. Plus it's your something old!!!

Good job!!!

 

I know it def crept on me too!!!

 

Are you all done plann Nat? if not hows everything coming along?

 

Meghan, can't wait to see your pretty bouquets you made!!!

 

So I made a few orders last week Monday, saying to myself I'll have plenty of time to recieve it in (curling iron, Pro-active, more tote bags) but I completely forgot there was no mail Friday or today!!!smile105.gif

Now I'm in panic mode!! lol ugh what'd I get myself into... I only had over a year and a half to order that stuff!!!

 

So back to my GF, who I think I no longer consider one. They place where I told her to book, was to book separately because she could only come for 4 days (room,then go to usairways to book the fligh as suppose to a package). The room you book and then they send you an email to fill out an authorization form, and you must send it back 48 hours latest, if not the money doesn't get taken off the card and you have no reservations.

ShE NEVER SENT THE FORM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! then I get a call saying her fake husband can't go, but maybe she should take her mom, that was yesterday... I told her game over!!! then today she calls and says she'll just come alone. I told her with what reservations!!!!

This has become way to much for me,especially a week before my wedding. If I get one more call (even tho FI doesn't want me to answer her calls anymore) I'll tell her she is no longer invited (I really will too, enough is enough.. I've been way to darn nice!!)

*sigh* sorry for my vent sad.gif who has these kinds of problems with guest booking a week before their wedding LOL!!!!! I have to laugh or I'll cry ( not about her not coming, but hows she going about everything, and adding extra stress.. trying not to let her get to me tho..def not loosing any sleep over it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awe congrats to everyone, it's all here!!!!!!! YAY!!!

 

Nat, the garter is very sweet and beautiful and has so much more meaning that it's from your mother's dress.

 

Michele, you must be so glad to be done work tomorrow! so exciting!

 

Tracy, so sorry you have to go through this added stress with your GF, if it makes you feel any better I'm having lots of problems, my mom wants to cancel her trip now...3 weeks before the wedding. This has put a HUGE stress on me and has me pretty down and emotional. I don't want to force anyone to do anything they aren't comfortable with, but I do want my Mom at my own wedding...considering I don't have a huge family attendance coming anyway, at least we have lots of our mutual friends coming, they should be able to fill up my empty lacking family side.

 

Hope all is going well with everyone else, I haven't had a chance to catch up on everything yet, it was a pretty buy weekend with Easter and all. I actually told FI to shoot me next time I had a bright idea like inviting everyone over to our house for Easter - although because I cooked for 2 days straight, the last thing I wanted to do was eat anything! lol so that's a good thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsweet7675 View Post
Just wanted to share a photo of the garter that my mom made. It is my "something old". She made it out of the satin and lace from her wedding dress. The blue ribbon and rhinestone detail is not from her wedding dress, just something she decided to add to it. I'm so proud of her!

Click the image to open in full size.
Soooooo very pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post



So back to my GF, who I think I no longer consider one. They place where I told her to book, was to book separately because she could only come for 4 days (room,then go to usairways to book the fligh as suppose to a package). The room you book and then they send you an email to fill out an authorization form, and you must send it back 48 hours latest, if not the money doesn't get taken off the card and you have no reservations.
ShE NEVER SENT THE FORM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! then I get a call saying her fake husband can't go, but maybe she should take her mom, that was yesterday... I told her game over!!! then today she calls and says she'll just come alone. I told her with what reservations!!!!
This has become way to much for me,especially a week before my wedding. If I get one more call (even tho FI doesn't want me to answer her calls anymore) I'll tell her she is no longer invited (I really will too, enough is enough.. I've been way to darn nice!!)
*sigh* sorry for my vent sad.gif who has these kinds of problems with guest booking a week before their wedding LOL!!!!! I have to laugh or I'll cry ( not about her not coming, but hows she going about everything, and adding extra stress.. trying not to let her get to me tho..def not loosing any sleep over it)
You must be joking! What is wrong with your GFhuh.gif? I mean this is way out of control. I agree with your FI that you shouldn't take her calls anymore. There's no need to let her add more stress one week before you go, no matter what she has to say!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

michele, i think i'm losing my mind! i guess i was thinking that may 22nd was actually april 22nd.. i need help! that's my mom's birthday though, so a fun date either way!! :) here's hoping for a fast last day of work for you!

 

natasha, your garter looks JUST like mine, and mine's actually just my mom's old one. i love the "something old" thing! plus she made it for you, that's awesome!

 

tracy, that friend of yours is psycho! fingers crossed that the whole situation gets figured out soon! i can't imagine a huge vacation so last minute!

 

i have my fingers, toes, eyes, everything crossed for thursday. that should be the day we find out whether or not FI's daughter can come with us. nothing like cutting it close, huh? it'll give us just enough time to work with her teacher to get her assignments and all that organized. plus i'll have to tear through all her clothes to make sure she has what she needs! i hate all this uncertainty!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Michele, I know the feeling!!! but it must be worse to be having to work, but not be easy... 1 more day!!!

OMG Nat I love the garter, your mom did an amazing job. Plus it's your something old!!!
Good job!!!

I know it def crept on me too!!!

Are you all done plann Nat? if not hows everything coming along?

Meghan, can't wait to see your pretty bouquets you made!!!

So I made a few orders last week Monday, saying to myself I'll have plenty of time to recieve it in (curling iron, Pro-active, more tote bags) but I completely forgot there was no mail Friday or today!!!smile105.gif
Now I'm in panic mode!! lol ugh what'd I get myself into... I only had over a year and a half to order that stuff!!!

So back to my GF, who I think I no longer consider one. They place where I told her to book, was to book separately because she could only come for 4 days (room,then go to usairways to book the fligh as suppose to a package). The room you book and then they send you an email to fill out an authorization form, and you must send it back 48 hours latest, if not the money doesn't get taken off the card and you have no reservations.
ShE NEVER SENT THE FORM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! then I get a call saying her fake husband can't go, but maybe she should take her mom, that was yesterday... I told her game over!!! then today she calls and says she'll just come alone. I told her with what reservations!!!!
This has become way to much for me,especially a week before my wedding. If I get one more call (even tho FI doesn't want me to answer her calls anymore) I'll tell her she is no longer invited (I really will too, enough is enough.. I've been way to darn nice!!)
*sigh* sorry for my vent sad.gif who has these kinds of problems with guest booking a week before their wedding LOL!!!!! I have to laugh or I'll cry ( not about her not coming, but hows she going about everything, and adding extra stress.. trying not to let her get to me tho..def not loosing any sleep over it)
Seriously Tracy- I want to punch this chick for you!!!! Tell her it's too late and be done. voodoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsweet7675 View Post
Just wanted to share a photo of the garter that my mom made. It is my "something old". She made it out of the satin and lace from her wedding dress. The blue ribbon and rhinestone detail is not from her wedding dress, just something she decided to add to it. I'm so proud of her!

Click the image to open in full size.
So pretty!!!! i love when people are creative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
michele, i think i'm losing my mind! i guess i was thinking that may 22nd was actually april 22nd.. i need help! that's my mom's birthday though, so a fun date either way!! :) here's hoping for a fast last day of work for you!

natasha, your garter looks JUST like mine, and mine's actually just my mom's old one. i love the "something old" thing! plus she made it for you, that's awesome!

tracy, that friend of yours is psycho! fingers crossed that the whole situation gets figured out soon! i can't imagine a huge vacation so last minute!

i have my fingers, toes, eyes, everything crossed for thursday. that should be the day we find out whether or not FI's daughter can come with us. nothing like cutting it close, huh? it'll give us just enough time to work with her teacher to get her assignments and all that organized. plus i'll have to tear through all her clothes to make sure she has what she needs! i hate all this uncertainty!!
I was thinking about that yesterday Erin - Iwill have everything crossed for you - I really hope things go your way. i'm hoping I can get internet on my phone in Jamaica- FI won't let me bring the laptop with me but I may try to log into bdw and facebook to check in - I will be having some serious withdrawals!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
michele, i think i'm losing my mind! i guess i was thinking that may 22nd was actually april 22nd.. i need help! that's my mom's birthday though, so a fun date either way!! :) here's hoping for a fast last day of work for you!

natasha, your garter looks JUST like mine, and mine's actually just my mom's old one. i love the "something old" thing! plus she made it for you, that's awesome!

tracy, that friend of yours is psycho! fingers crossed that the whole situation gets figured out soon! i can't imagine a huge vacation so last minute!

i have my fingers, toes, eyes, everything crossed for thursday. that should be the day we find out whether or not FI's daughter can come with us. nothing like cutting it close, huh? it'll give us just enough time to work with her teacher to get her assignments and all that organized. plus i'll have to tear through all her clothes to make sure she has what she needs! i hate all this uncertainty!!
My mom's birthday is May 23!!! LOL! And FI's is today, and my dad's is this Friday! We've got a TON of birthdays this time of year so it's been hard to keep track of them with everything revolving around the wedding.

Cute garter Natasha. I just spoke to my grandma this morning and asked if she had something she could send down for me with my parents, since neither she or m grandpa are able to come with us. So I'm not sure what I'll even be getting (she mentioned pearls, I mentioned a pin or brooch) but she knows me well so I know it'll be good. And definitely special since it'll be a part of them with me on my wedding!

Erin - we'll have everything crossed here for you as well and hopefully the ruling goes in your favour!!! It would be heartbreaking after all this time if his daughter was NOT allowed to go so here's wishing you all the luck I can!!


On a "funny" note, FI and I received an email from one of our groomsmen this morning. He had tried on all the clothes we bought for the guys to wear (special ordered linen pants, basic cotton button down from Old Navy and flip flops from American Eagle) and he's decided that the only part that he likes and that fit well are the shoes!! He's already tried having the pants altered a little and still isn't happy with them, the shirt is too small in part and too large in part and he just doesn't think he looks good enough for a wedding!! Okay I understand that he doesn't want to look like a slob, but if you are the kind of person who has troubles with the fit of clothing, or is picky about your clothes - tell the person who is trying to be nice and buy you all your clothes ie. ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granted that FI left it until the last minute a little to figure this stuff out for the guys but I don't even know what to say about someone being that concerned about what they're wearing (and a guy no less!!). So when I talked to FI about it quickly, I just said that I wanted nothing to do with making this work, that he needed to be the one to find time in the next day or two and figure it out with them. I'm TOTALLY not dealing with this one! AGGH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I won't check. Because whatever god gives is his gift. Let it be a boy or girl, doesn't matter. 
    • this isn’t to convey we don’t such as its jewelry; post accomplish, nonetheless my spouse and i opt for the more fantasy built in addition to quirky drops included in that fashion jewellery uk variety. pretty not long ago when i happened all around another range with bead structured jewelry that will right away appealed to me. yesterday, the wonderful fiance got us a bracelet plus gold allure with this array soon after most people visited a new retail store in our community urban center. i’ll begin by means of saying that my early magnet to be able to women jewellery uk the following selection ended up his or her “chunky” set earrings. i prefer household leather be it to dress yourself in and also throughout my own jewellery and also my partner and i have always. individuals who stick to my content articles may possibly keep in mind this self confessed adore on the colder weeks. once the sterling silver jewellery skeletal frame necklace ended up being introduced last year, our neighborhood dealer was fortunate in order to monitor one affordable personally along with we have on that a good deal. when i produce not any technique in the large section of the following appearing vogue primarily based. my partner and i likewise such as major, report bits connected with jewelry. fall months brings innovative fashions is actually these folks, much more fascinating supplies. them means fire wood writers in addition to amenable that will fire usually are lit up. relating to various sterling silver jewellery leather earrings which i like to wear with the frequent chains. my own issue together with trollbeads set has become about three retract. my partner and i presume in most approaches the particular style is fairly old. that suggests delicious soups as well as heating meals.
    • that nike uk sale is ultra-responsive along with fits irving's mind-blowing, shifty techniques on the wood. they're just made which includes a mesh upper, characteristic suede overlays, lens air padding, flywire converter cables pertaining to help support, and a contract groove outsole which includes a zigzag cutout along the underlying part intended for multi-directional traction.and such as continually, his workout shoes are actually receiving some particular attention way too. it is possible to acquire this nike air max with sneakerhead these days. usually there are some represents for the duration of any nba sport this stick out, there are additional performs which specify 12 months throughout field hockey, next there are actually all those takes on which have been thus exceptional trainer patterns are inspired by means of these people. the case with all the nike air max cheap uk. encouraged by simply scottie pippen's poster dunk about patrick ewing from the 1994 nba playoffs, they will feature a manhattan knicks-inspired colorway, "33" embroidery around the back heel, along with a graphic on the insole in which represents your play perfectly. pippen could be the dude of which produced this particular iconic field hockey sneaker common, so the homage can be quite fitted. a person can the particular nike air max mens in sneakerhead nowadays. it is really converting out in the form of large season with the nike surroundings extra uptempo. nike features re-released this traditional basketball sneaker, that originally debuted throughout 1996, in several colorways (not to mention a new best collab) plus more possibilities are on its way.
    • @Belle315 Royalton Brides Facebook Review:
      Review! 7/7/18
      Paradise Package 71 guests
      Rehearsal: Grande Marche (45ppl)
      Ceremony: Sky Terrace 2pm
      Cocktail hour: ballroom hall 2:30-3:30pm
      Reception: Sky Terrace 6-10pm
      Travel Agent: Raylene at Ever After (out of Las Vegas)
      Off site coordinator: Charlyne
      On site planner: Paola
      Home base: Arlington, TX (DFW area)

      I wrote a ridiculously long review (11 pages). It includes my itinerary, my 6 page travel letter for worry warts, guest bags, every detail of the hotel, cost, advice, etc. I’m not going to overload the FB page with it so here is a link to the review if you want to read it. In short, I would give this hotel and experience 5 stars and recommend you use an outside vendor for photography and DJ just for cost effective reasons. Theirs is amazing and will not disappoint. My favorite part of my stay was the wedding of course and the spa. Favorite people at the resort were Paola (wedding planner), Vividiana (check in), Veronica and Marisol (spa). https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RaFb19Pbn8tDvNY3_GSoZ8DX0plYaT_F

       
    • Hi there, I think the idea of abroad trip is great for the newly married couple. But along with the trip you can also gift them some beautiful pairs of wholesale designer sunglasses, that will be helpful to them on the trip. By wearing wholesale sunglasses they look stylish and fashionable.
  • Topics

×