Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jk1101

April 2010 Brides

Recommended Posts

Tracy- I love your speach ideas! I haven't even given any thought to that... one more thing for the list I guess.

 

Those hair prices are insane! Wow, that is so much more than what you'd pay at home.

 

I think I've picked out what I'd like for my hair but I don't know if the front part goes with the back if you know what I mean. Here's what I'm looking at:

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Also, I'm hoping I have enough hair for the back- my hair is just past my shoulders now. It's really fine but there's a lot of it.

 

What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like those hair pics! I think if you want the fullness of that do maybe you could look into hair extensions?? When I did my hair trial with my BM who is doing it for me, we discovered that I wound up with a bare spot right smack in the middle of the back of my head, with the way we needed to do my hair to get more fullness on top! So we're just going to add in a couple fillers :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
taraappl,
I know it's off your topic, but I just love your sizzy pic, your beautiful, you guys make an adorable/good looking couple!!
Thanks! I have been trying to find a good picture of us to put up. I know this sounds funny but we have a 4 picture 3x5 frame with this photo in it. There are 4 total photos of us at this wedding last year. There is one where he is kissing me on the cheek, then the next one I am kissing him on the cheek, the next is me dancing with him with my head on his shoulder and then the 4th one is the one you see attached. It was his idea to frame them like that. He came home one day with the frame and said here is what I'm going to do with these pictures. Lol... I was happy about it. He is a real sweetheart like that. :) I cant wait to be his wife! Cheesy but true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok- I'm loosing my mind. I ordered chair sashes a couple weeks ago in navy blue, and they come in packs of 10. This is perfect because their will only be 9 people (bride and groom not included) for the ceremony. But, the wc was going to take those chair w/ sashes and use them for the reception, where their will be 13 people (including bride, groom, and photographer). Thankfully I just realized that I didn't have enough chair sashes for the reception and placed another order which will come in this Friday. I have lost my dag-gum mind and I have so much left to do before I go all crazy!smile105.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hehe Jenna you're funny! But I can totally relate too! I wrote up my to-do list yesterday morning since I found there wasn't a single checklist that would get me through the next couple of weeks! So a 1.5 pages later... How am I going to find the time? Thank goodness we've got an extra day off over the Easter weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
I really like those hair pics! I think if you want the fullness of that do maybe you could look into hair extensions?? When I did my hair trial with my BM who is doing it for me, we discovered that I wound up with a bare spot right smack in the middle of the back of my head, with the way we needed to do my hair to get more fullness on top! So we're just going to add in a couple fillers :)
That's a good idea- I may have to look into that. My hair is pretty fine so I don't usually get a lot of volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt75 View Post
ok- I'm loosing my mind. I ordered chair sashes a couple weeks ago in navy blue, and they come in packs of 10. This is perfect because their will only be 9 people (bride and groom not included) for the ceremony. But, the wc was going to take those chair w/ sashes and use them for the reception, where their will be 13 people (including bride, groom, and photographer). Thankfully I just realized that I didn't have enough chair sashes for the reception and placed another order which will come in this Friday. I have lost my dag-gum mind and I have so much left to do before I go all crazy!smile105.gif
I know how you feel- I keep going over everything in my head over and over again and I feel like I'm driving myself bonkers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
hehe Jenna you're funny! But I can totally relate too! I wrote up my to-do list yesterday morning since I found there wasn't a single checklist that would get me through the next couple of weeks! So a 1.5 pages later... How am I going to find the time? Thank goodness we've got an extra day off over the Easter weekend!
I am so glad that we have the long weekend. I took an extra day off that weekend and I have so much that I plan to get done- mostly spring cleaning before our housesitters have to stay at our place. I have some last minute DIY things, too- I'd like to get them done now but I need some things finalized with the resort first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so happy to hear you guys are able to take a few days off to get the last min things done. I couldn't imagine planning a wedding and work full time. I totally admire you guys. I would have never have gotten it done.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melidell View Post
Tracy- I love your speach ideas! I haven't even given any thought to that... one more thing for the list I guess.

 

Those hair prices are insane! Wow, that is so much more than what you'd pay at home.

 

I think I've picked out what I'd like for my hair but I don't know if the front part goes with the back if you know what I mean. Here's what I'm looking at:

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Also, I'm hoping I have enough hair for the back- my hair is just past my shoulders now. It's really fine but there's a lot of it.

 

What do you think?

I love it!!! I totally think the front piece would match the pieces in the back. Your going to look stunning. I actually really like the hairstyle.Now I likes your and mine.. Oh boy!!!!

 

Thanks for the comments about the speechs. I am sure there will be stuff you guys have that I have forgotten.. so feel free to add a list guys! lol.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taraappl View Post
Thanks! I have been trying to find a good picture of us to put up. I know this sounds funny but we have a 4 picture 3x5 frame with this photo in it. There are 4 total photos of us at this wedding last year. There is one where he is kissing me on the cheek, then the next one I am kissing him on the cheek, the next is me dancing with him with my head on his shoulder and then the 4th one is the one you see attached. It was his idea to frame them like that. He came home one day with the frame and said here is what I'm going to do with these pictures. Lol... I was happy about it. He is a real sweetheart like that. :) I cant wait to be his wife! Cheesy but true!
That's is soooo freaking adorable of him to do that, My FI would never think of something like that.

Well I am sure all the pics look just as good as this one. Just love it!!

How long have you guys been together?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jenna and mel.. that is exactly why i keep postits by our bed! i get frantic when i'm about to fall asleep and realize something silly i did!

 

by the way.. i'm on night #3 in a row of dreaming that our photographer and videographer don't make it in until the day after the wedding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
jenna and mel.. that is exactly why i keep postits by our bed! i get frantic when i'm about to fall asleep and realize something silly i did!

by the way.. i'm on night #3 in a row of dreaming that our photographer and videographer don't make it in until the day after the wedding!
LOL!! me too I got the postits on my coffee table where all my thought run through my mind like a little mouse who's stuck in a maze!!!

Oh you poor thing, I can relat, I've had those dreams about forgetting my rings at home, or my BM dresses, they had some jewels on the front, had a nightmare, when I got the photo's back from the photographer, all you can is the jewells poping out and lookin horrible (so I cut them off the other day lol!!)
I can't wait to get to the resort, in high hopes I'll a good nights rest without thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Sorry you had to deal with this I hoped it worked out. It seems to be every few months a new store will be in the  'if' stage and to the 'when' stage.  Big businesses like this don't notify the employees or customers before they close down...that would cause even more losses.  One day there are signs on the door and the business is done.  And lots of people (employees and customers...not to mention the creditors that they owe millions to) get screwed immediately with little help to be found anywhere.  Look at alfred angelo, although they had less retail stores than David's Bridal, they may have had more sales than them as a company.  They were the largest manufacturer of dresses and were carried by thousands of independent stores across the world (not just the 60+ branded stores they had).  If you google search Davids Bridal going bankrupt, they are listed on all the sites that post retail stores on life support.  They have more debt than they will be able to service in 2019 and the only question right now is if they'll make it that far.  Once the debt comes due, it's almost a 100% certainty that the company will be done.  But it's also more probable than not that the bankruptcy will happen much sooner than that.  The argument about them getting a new line or how big they are isn't a good argument if you look at the history of how these normally happen.  Alfred Angelo had a brand new line of dresses that never even hit the stores but were made overseas already...those all made their first appearances at the liquidation auctions.  I'm not trying to scare anyone here, but just trying to make sure that people understand that when a company gets to this point, it's definitely a roll of the dice if you are ordering something that you can't take home today.  How much of a risk?  That's hard to say, but I am extremely confident that the pain felt when alfred angelo closed 61 stores will be even greater when Davids Bridal closes 300+ stores…and when there are other great discount dress stores out there like Bridepower or Vows Bridal Outlet on the East Coast or Brilliant Bridal in the West (and plenty of others as well), I don’t think I would personally recommend any of my friends to take that risk!  But that’s just me:)
    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
  • Topics

×