Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jk1101

April 2010 Brides

Recommended Posts

I'm thinking that wedges would actually work on the beach because your weight is distributed more evenly- not like heels where it's all on a little point that would sink into the sand easily. I'd probably go with a barefoot sandal for a beach wedding myself (I'm doing high heels in a gazebo but I love the barefoot sandals) but wedges would be a good choice if you're looking for a bit of height.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK… Iâ€m playing catch up again and itâ€s only been a couple of days since I posted. You girls have really been posting!

 

Suzy, Martez is too cute!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasse75 View Post
I had my first shower yesterday! I have to say it was a tad bit overwhelming......I always thought I would be like "Bring it on!" But than I felt so guilty that all of these women (40+) had all went out, bought me a gift and were spending the afternoon with me. I guess we have all done it....and in the end it was Fantastic. My mom slaved in the kitchen for days making seashell cookies from sctarch as favors and homemade Mexican food to eat. Oh and did I mention I got sooooo spoiled!
Congrats on your shower. And the food sounds sooo good. My cousin threw a shower for me when I went back home to Illinois over the Thanksgiving Holiday. It was only about 15 of us. I got some very interesting gifts. Two of my cousins there were pastorâ€s wives (they happen to be sisters); one of them gave me some sexy lingerie and the other gave me sexy lingerie along with a pair of erotic dice. I was shocked to say the least and so was everyone else. It definitely made the evening interesting. We had a great time and the shower was something I was not expecting. Also, most of the ladies there will not be able to make it to the wedding, so it was a way for them to be involved in the wedding stuff.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt75 View Post
I'm glad your shower went well this weekend. I had my shower to, and it was very overwhelming! and yes, I also felt a little guilty...

 

Also, I'm curious what color your wedding dress is. Mine is not white and not a dark ivory, but somewhere in the middle... it's like a creamy colored ivory. FI is giving me such a hard time about what he's wearing and he totally doesn't understand that he can't be more white than me.

Congrats on your shower and you should not feel guilty. Glad to hear you got so much done with your Mom too.

 

My dress is also a creamy colored ivory, more like off white. I still have not decided what color shirt my FI is going to wear. I have my first fitting this Saturday, so Iâ€m going to take a piece of the fabric from the dress with me to some stores to see how it looks next to various colors of white and ivory shirts. Then, we'll decide on his color shirt.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
sasse75

ShortNSweet,

your honeymoon sound so perfect. You two will have so much fun just relaxing. I didn't realize the resort's there also had everything on site. I figured it was just all inclusive. Guess that's how much I know lol.

Oh wow, you guys live so far apart. It will be nice I am sure to have him for good in your neck of the woods.

It'll be so different I am sure, have you guys lived together?

I love dolphins (I have a tattoo!!) your so lucky to be going to the cover, pls pls pls take lots of pic and lost them when you get back!!! i'm looking forward to them lol (I wont go swimming with them if they are locked up, and they all are)

what if the 2 of you blocked vistaprint until after the wedding!! to hard for you guys?

Tracy, no we have never lived together. The longest weâ€ve stayed together in the same place is maybe two weeks at a time.

 

If we go to Discovery Cove, I will definitely take pictures and post them.

I was actually good today and did not order anything from VistaPrint, but I did browse the site for those window decals (waterproof stickers) to use on mugs.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
i tell you what... dating and now marrying someone that has a child is one of the most difficult things i've ever had to do. we rarely get time to ourselves and it's hard to be thrown into that situation, but i already know what kind of dad he'll be and we have been able to develop our "parenting style" together while not having a child together.. it's a truly interesting perspective and i'm happy for it. well you know, except for her mom, but she's not worth the energy to even think about!

shortnsweet, i can't wait to hear if you go to discovery cove!! i have been to disney world several times, but it's never warm enough to do that!

speaking of the shower... i just checked our registries and people have bought things! i'm so excited! i'm rationalizing it because everyone keeps saying you need to make sure that the small dollar stuff doesn't all get bought up and the people who wait till the last minute aren't left with just expensive things.

 

i also made up our AHR invites this weekend too. i have never used zazzle before, but it was the only site i could find that would let me just do a plain black background and use my pictures in any configuration i wanted! they'll be pretty inexpensive too i think.. around $1 each for 4'' * 8'' color printed on both sides!

I hope things work out over time with your FIâ€s ex. Maybe she will come around eventually.

 

Itâ€s never warm enough when you go to Disney for Discovery Cove? What time of year do you normally go? Go in August or September, it is definitely hot enough then.

 

Oh, and $1 is a great deal on invites. Pleas share pics when you get them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
Does time seem to be going by very quickly for you guys? It's FLYING for me!
Michelle, time is flying by for me too.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasse75 View Post
So I have a question....might be a dumb one. When it comes to "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue" Do I go out and do that for my self? It's not that I have a problem doing it, it's just that I don't want to if my Mom or wedding party will as well? I don't wanna ask, cause I think it seems rude!
Yes, this is something I'm arranging for myself. For me,

 

Something old – My mom is making me a garter using lace from her wedding dress

Something new – My wedding dress

Something borrowed – not sure yet

Something blue – not sure on this either

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasse75 View Post
Ya I saw that....lol! I think they are adhesives from what I can tell because they have a peel away backing. My problem is going to be trying to load my logo onto the template....I'm severly challenged with that stuff...LOL!
I just ordered plain mugs from discountmugs.com. Iâ€m thinking of getting a beach theme stencil from Michaelâ€s or Hobby Lobby and using some paint (not sure what kind yet, have to research) to stencil the design on the mug. It wonâ€t have our names or anything on it. Iâ€m sure our guests will be sick of things with our names on them.

 

 

Off topic… I am on work travel right now and staying in a hotel room. I donâ€t know if I will be able to sleep tonight because I can hear the person in the next room snoring loudly! I have the TV turned up and the AC fan going and I can still hear them. Ahhhh!!!girl_werewolf.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ohh no!! how know exactly how you feel, been in a room like that (with the adjointing door)

Good luck!!! hope you get some rest and the person checks out tomorrow!!

well you definitely have a treat by having him for good! :)

Are you nervous about living together?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jill, I thought you meant A dollar tree in Canada lol how embarrassing.. they don't have any here, then I figured you meant the states sad.gif...

I probably wont be going to the states any time soon sadly.

And all USA sites that have the individual packets don't ship to canada. Ugh!

so now I am searching high a low for them!

 

I wanted to update my situation about the room.

Itravel come to us Monday and told us they are still waiting for TMR to get access to a room they just don't have access to. So Itravel offered us something.

Upgrade to a romance suite (which is an upgrade to the room we paid for) we pay half and Itravel pays half. We decided to just do that (even tho the extra $250 wasn't in our budged) we just really wanted this to end and have our invoice.

So I finally got my invoice last night, and the room type says 'romance suite' THANK GOD!!!

the only real downer is they canceled our flight with airtransit!!! (which I really like) and switch our flight to CanJet!!!!!!!! normally wouldn't have a problem with that (just get me there kind of thing) but this plan doesn't offer first class or upgrade luggage allowance, your only allowed 44lbs. I have no idea what I will do (yes give the wedding stuff to guest, but we are there an extra week then everyone, still got to bring stuff back,mostly clothes and shoes and all but on a normal 7 day vacation I go over that 44 lbs!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
ohh no!! how know exactly how you feel, been in a room like that (with the adjointing door)
Good luck!!! hope you get some rest and the person checks out tomorrow!!
well you definitely have a treat by having him for good! :)
Are you nervous about living together?
I hope they have checked out too!! I finally fell asleep around 1am this morning. I hate being a light sleeper.

I'm not really nervous about living together. We get along really well when we are together. He's stays over lots of weekends and we haven't had too many issues, an occasional disagreement. But, he's a pretty laid back guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tracy,

 

Have you tried Minimus.biz for the Tylenol packets? I ordered a bunch of stuff from the site yesterday. The site says they do international shipping, but of course there are the extra fees. You may want to check it out.

 

Glad to hear your room situation is finally taken care of. But, that sucks about the luggage limits on the airline. Can you ship some of your stuff over to your resort before you leave?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsweet7675 View Post
Tracy,

Have you tried Minimus.biz for the Tylenol packets? I ordered a bunch of stuff from the site yesterday. The site says they do international shipping, but of course there are the extra fees. You may want to check it out.

Glad to hear your room situation is finally taken care of. But, that sucks about the luggage limits on the airline. Can you ship some of your stuff over to your resort before you leave?
Thanks, I did check and sure enough they ship to canada, for $30.. more for shipping then the actual product, I guess in the end I can go to walmart and pay $2 for 10 pills, I guess I'll give it to per couple as suppose to per person.

I think it'd be more $$ to ship it over as suppose to paying $10 per kg when your over he 44lbs, but it's definitely something to look into, thank you for the suggestion I will look into that now! :)

Michele, did you give your hang over kits to each couple, or each person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Thanks, I did check and sure enough they ship to canada, for $30.. more for shipping then the actual product, I guess in the end I can go to walmart and pay $2 for 10 pills, I guess I'll give it to per couple as suppose to per person.

I think it'd be more $$ to ship it over as suppose to paying $10 per kg when your over he 44lbs, but it's definitely something to look into, thank you for the suggestion I will look into that now! :)

Michele, did you give your hang over kits to each couple, or each person?
Wow, $30 to ship to Canada. If you are going to Wal-Mart, check their travel toiletries section. You know, where they have the small bottles of lotion and hand sanitizer. Occasionally, they have travel size packs of advil or tylenol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Jill, I thought you meant A dollar tree in Canada lol how embarrassing.. they don't have any here, then I figured you meant the states sad.gif...
I probably wont be going to the states any time soon sadly.
And all USA sites that have the individual packets don't ship to canada. Ugh!
so now I am searching high a low for them!

[

I wanted to update my situation about the room.
Itravel come to us Monday and told us they are still waiting for TMR to get access to a room they just don't have access to. So Itravel offered us something.
Upgrade to a romance suite (which is an upgrade to the room we paid for) we pay half and Itravel pays half. We decided to just do that (even tho the extra $250 wasn't in our budged) we just really wanted this to end and have our invoice.
So I finally got my invoice last night, and the room type says 'romance suite' THANK GOD!!!
the only real downer is they canceled our flight with airtransit!!! (which I really like) and switch our flight to CanJet!!!!!!!! normally wouldn't have a problem with that (just get me there kind of thing) but this plan doesn't offer first class or upgrade luggage allowance, your only allowed 44lbs. I have no idea what I will do (yes give the wedding stuff to guest, but we are there an extra week then everyone, still got to bring stuff back,mostly clothes and shoes and all but on a normal 7 day vacation I go over that 44 lbs!!)
I always go over the weight limit too - I'm glad you'll have the nice room at least - I'm going to be so totally over weight and bag limit I'm planning on 3 suitcases plus my dress and FI has his own suitcases - he thinks he can pack light but I just reminded him today he needs to bring workout clothes too...10 days is a LOT of luggage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsweet7675 View Post
I hope they have checked out too!! I finally fell asleep around 1am this morning. I hate being a light sleeper.

I'm not really nervous about living together. We get along really well when we are together. He's stays over lots of weekends and we haven't had too many issues, an occasional disagreement. But, he's a pretty laid back guy.
My friends hate traveling with me because I actually snore too - my one friend got ear plugs to drown it out...lol...luckily FI doesn't mind too much!

You are a brave woman to get married without living together. Be prepared for some adjustments if you've never lived with anyone...it's a big change. i'd been living alone for 7 years when FI and I moved in together...it was a big change for both of us.


Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Thanks, I did check and sure enough they ship to canada, for $30.. more for shipping then the actual product, I guess in the end I can go to walmart and pay $2 for 10 pills, I guess I'll give it to per couple as suppose to per person.

I think it'd be more $$ to ship it over as suppose to paying $10 per kg when your over he 44lbs, but it's definitely something to look into, thank you for the suggestion I will look into that now! :)

Michele, did you give your hang over kits to each couple, or each person?
My kits are per bag. so if there is a couple, like husband/wife - they get one OOT bag, one hangover kit but i'll put 2 tshirts in there and 2 of the cups i bought. the single people each get their own bag, so FI's aunt and cousin who are sharing a room, will each get a separate OOT bag. That made sense in my head - if it doesn't to you please tell me

I finally got a dress to wear to my "night before" dinner. I have very few clothes from losing weight and everything I own is black, so I've been needing to do this...the problem is there's been hardly any spring/summer stuff out and dresses are hard for me because I only look good in things above my knee, and i'm only 5'4" so things tend to be long. I tried on about 30 dresses today and bought 1...

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops sorry Tracy sad.gif Another option I saw....although it might get pricy, is that in some restaurants - in their washrooms they have vending machines that sell small packs of tylenol, advil etc. As well I know you can get them in small travel tubes.....but I think they sell for a few bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×