Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jk1101

April 2010 Brides

Recommended Posts

Michele,

I am so with you, I will need at least min 1 luggage for just the oot bags lol .

I love it, you'll have so many t-shirts and hats lol!!!

 

Angie,

I'm with you.. it's a bloody roller coster!! I just got word yesterday the packages are booked for my resort.. so until and if ever the tour operator buy more packages my guest have to book their package's a la cart!

And the oot bags are annoying with never knowing if your guest are coming.. they pretty much have to be last min unless you have all your guest already booked!

If your not doing any favours or oot bags.. smart thinking lol!! !

 

Hopefuly (I know they will) the out come of the bags will be worth it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies just wanted to let you know about my great find this weekened! I had heard Target had "For Dummies" books in their $1 bins, but I thought they were all Spanish for Dummies (which wouldn't work for me since my wedding is in St. Thomas). But they had Cocktails for Dummies, Brain Teasers (word puzzles) for Dummies and Sodoku for Dummies! So I snatched up a bunch of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been so swamped, and now my schedule is a little more flexible. One of you ladies is getting married in May, a week after me and your little wedding ticker says "3 month, 2 weeks" EEEEEEK! That means I have less time!

I haven't even made a to do list (looks like I know what I will be doing today). :-)

My biggest freak out is the photography. I have heard mixed reviews, but I am in an out of contract work, so we are hesitant to book our own photographer to come because if money gets tight, we can just pick a less expensive package at the resort. What are you ladies doing for photography?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie424 View Post
I have been so swamped, and now my schedule is a little more flexible. One of you ladies is getting married in May, a week after me and your little wedding ticker says "3 month, 2 weeks" EEEEEEK! That means I have less time!
I haven't even made a to do list (looks like I know what I will be doing today). :-)
My biggest freak out is the photography. I have heard mixed reviews, but I am in an out of contract work, so we are hesitant to book our own photographer to come because if money gets tight, we can just pick a less expensive package at the resort. What are you ladies doing for photography?
Have you looked into sharing a photographer with another bride at all- I know that saved me quite a bit. If there's someone who's getting married the same week as you are they may be willing to split the cost of travel with you. Something to think about any way.

I go back and forth with the wedding stress at this point. Most of the time I feel fine but every once in a while it really hits me that there is only three months left-eeek!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie424 View Post
I have been so swamped, and now my schedule is a little more flexible. One of you ladies is getting married in May, a week after me and your little wedding ticker says "3 month, 2 weeks" EEEEEEK! That means I have less time!
I haven't even made a to do list (looks like I know what I will be doing today). :-)
My biggest freak out is the photography. I have heard mixed reviews, but I am in an out of contract work, so we are hesitant to book our own photographer to come because if money gets tight, we can just pick a less expensive package at the resort. What are you ladies doing for photography?
I have a photographer from Jamaica. Everyone is so flexible - I think if you book them and then need to change the package they'd be able to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i did something scary last week guys... i decided to change my colors! the only thing it really affects are the flowers (meaning bouquets, bouts and centerpieces) but i am 100% okay with that! i was talking to my flower lady and i mentioned that if i could do it all over again i'd just go crazy with tropical colors instead of trying to fit everything into a defined color scheme.

 

well, she said she was up for the challenge, so now that's what we're doing! i went from white and pink to pink, orange, green and yellow! the pink chair sashes and flower girl dresses will still go well and it'll make everything look less matchy-matchy too, which i'm very glad about! now we have to try to find all of these flowers again though.. here's hoping it won't be too hard!

 

melidell.. 100 days left for us today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
i did something scary last week guys... i decided to change my colors! the only thing it really affects are the flowers (meaning bouquets, bouts and centerpieces) but i am 100% okay with that! i was talking to my flower lady and i mentioned that if i could do it all over again i'd just go crazy with tropical colors instead of trying to fit everything into a defined color scheme.

well, she said she was up for the challenge, so now that's what we're doing! i went from white and pink to pink, orange, green and yellow! the pink chair sashes and flower girl dresses will still go well and it'll make everything look less matchy-matchy too, which i'm very glad about! now we have to try to find all of these flowers again though.. here's hoping it won't be too hard!

melidell.. 100 days left for us today!
Wow! That sounds really pretty, and it fits in with the colours you had already so that's a plus! I worry a bit about things being too matchy-matchy myself so I know what you mean about that for sure.

I can't believe it's only 100 days- insane!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
Yes Angie - very emotional and stressed. you are not alone! I'm actually going to stop working in a few weeks to make it easier to concentrate!
It will be ok. Just breathe deep. Where in Jersey are you? And we are date twins!!! YAY!!!



And now my mom wants to do a little AHR as soon as we get back. with 2.5 months to plan....I'm happy she wants to do it but we're really cutting it close!
Jersey Kitten-I am in Bergen county but am actually flying out of philly on the 7th...how about you?

Carribbeanlover- you ARE SO RIGHT with the lack of head count! Exactly what I have been stressing about, I can't really start these oot bags until I know who the heck is coming. a hot mess.

Ladies- can I tell you I pretty much started hysterically crying a few days ago and it was such a relief!!!! Since then, I am booking appointments and making decisions! yay!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie8119 View Post
Jersey Kitten-I am in Bergen county but am actually flying out of philly on the 7th...how about you?

Carribbeanlover- you ARE SO RIGHT with the lack of head count! Exactly what I have been stressing about, I can't really start these oot bags until I know who the heck is coming. a hot mess.

Ladies- can I tell you I pretty much started hysterically crying a few days ago and it was such a relief!!!! Since then, I am booking appointments and making decisions! yay!!!
Sometimes you just need to let it out! I'm glad to hear it helped. I hear you with the head count thing, I think we're all going through that right now. I'm sure it'll work itself out but it is frustrating.

Hang in there. smile03.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×