April 2010 Brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
she wanted a dress that was 6000$ and her mom wanted to spend only 3000$ and she through a hissy fit. In the store. An adult!!!
said ' I pay so much for my clothes how could I not for my own wedding dress' or
'I payed 1000$ for so and so's wedding, I am going to spend this muh on my dress'
Snobbie little bi*ch lol
hahahah! you're reaction is hilarious

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha okay so I only saw a small portion of that show (honestly don't watch it much because usually it gets me SO annoyed with people) but I think a big part of her problem began before even walking into the dress store. From what I saw, her mother had offered to pay for the dress and up front did not give any limits. But then once the bride started indicating how much it would cost for some dresses she was looking at, the mother then came back saying 'oh it has to be under $4000' and that's when the problems really began.

And I'm sorry, I don't live in New York or anything fancy but I simply CANNOT imagine spending the kind of prices that the store offers!!! If I knew ahead of time what their prices were, I wouldn't even bother walking in to the place. What's the point of setting yourself up to find an amazing dress only to end up stressing about how much it is and then throwing hissy fits! LOL! The price most of those brides pay would cover my ENTIRE wedding! And I did LOVE a dress that was about $3000 (which is still a LOT of money for me) but I totally couldn't convince myself that it was worth it. I know a lot of brides figure 'it's my day and it'll only happen once' but I just don't have that mentality. And while FI would keep his mouth shut, I know he'd totally freak out if I tried spending that kind of money! Agghh!

I'm with you, I can't imagine paying in the thousands for my dress. Yeah, it's for my wedding and it'll only happen once, but ... that money could be spent elsewhere. I have a friend with a hefty budget for her weddign through her fiance's family and she's spending $10k on her dress. My jaw dropped when I heard that. I think now she regrets it though because she could've used a lot of that money toward something else. Oh, and she was totally one of those girls who went to Kleinfelds (however u spell it). I don't think she aired though.

lol!! sorry I really didn't like her.

I totally agree with you Meghan. I would never walk into a place like that. When my mom and I were deciding on a budge for my dress I said I felt like 500$ was a lot. We ended up spending $1000 for 2 dresses. Which is more then my rent and I feel bad. But my mom wanted to( and I am an only child)so I let her lol

It's insane how much people want to spend on a dress.I've seen people go into that store saying ther budged was 10,000$

Like you said a lot of these girls spend so much on their dress, I am not even spending that much on my entire wedding like you lol.

I could see how the show could get annoying. I just ike the dresses lol

Sooo I finally got my tote bag in. And Mike's suite. Everything is really starting to fall into place

Click the image to open in full size.

Hahaha Ya I saw that episode too. What a crazy B word! I don’t have a picture just yet but I will on Feb 13th when I go start the alteration process. I think I’m worried that I may have picked too bulky of a dress. I didn’t want to compromise my dream dress even though we were going to the beach. My fiancé and bridesmaids told me I should buy a light weight destination wedding dress. I was like no way I still want a big princess dress ha-ha. Of course now I’m imagining myself dripping in sweat at my ceremony lol. Anyway I do love the dress but now I wonder if it’s practical. But who likes to be practical on for their wedding.

don't worry your not alone.

I orginally planned an in town wedding, the church style wedding. So of couse my dress is the big princess dress.

Then my FI realized just how much this in town wedding was going to cost, so he finally agreed to do a DW. But now I am stuck with this big dress.

So my mom and I went out and bought a light fitted dress.. I got it off the rack so I payed only $95 for it. It'll be for dancing and TTD.

You could also consider getting a more destination dress as a second dress for dancing/partying. I will use my 'princess' dress for the ceremony/pictures/dinner (since we spent enough on it, and after all it is the dress!)

Quote:
lol!! sorry I really didn't like her.

I totally agree with you Meghan. I would never walk into a place like that. When my mom and I were deciding on a budge for my dress I said I felt like 500$ was a lot. We ended up spending $1000 for 2 dresses. Which is more then my rent and I feel bad. But my mom wanted to( and I am an only child)so I let her lol
It's insane how much people want to spend on a dress.I've seen people go into that store saying ther budged was 10,000$
Like you said a lot of these girls spend so much on their dress, I am not even spending that much on my entire wedding like you lol.
I could see how the show could get annoying. I just ike the dresses lol

Sooo I finally got my tote bag in. And Mike's suite. Everything is really starting to fall into place

I love that tote! Where did you get them? Can I ask how much? Thanks!

Quote:
don't worry your not alone.
I orginally planned an in town wedding, the church style wedding. So of couse my dress is the big princess dress.
Then my FI realized just how much this in town wedding was going to cost, so he finally agreed to do a DW. But now I am stuck with this big dress.
So my mom and I went out and bought a light fitted dress.. I got it off the rack so I payed only $95 for it. It'll be for dancing and TTD.
OMG this is me too! My hometown wedding was going to cost me $50K, so FI and I said DW was the way to go!

Quote:
LOL I just realize the FI had his jean zipper down. Thankful it's not noticeable and he is wear underwear!! lol (reason he isn't wearing the pants is because they were delayed in giving it us and so I just took the pic of the jacket to get an idea of the color)
LOL!!

Sorry to bring this up again. Does anyone know if hobby lobby or AC Moore has real touch roses?? The nearest hobby lobby is about an hour and ahalf away from me sad.gif And AC Moore is on a congested highway. So before I make it out to either of those two I want to make sure theycarry it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonir View Post
I love that tote! Where did you get them? Can I ask how much? Thanks!
I got them at vistaprint and they were 50% off. $5.50 a bag I got 10 bags. The total was 55$ or something and $9 for shipping.

I am really sorry.. I have no idea about anything to do with real touch flowers. I thougt they were kind of pricy so I went with fake flowers from the dollar store lol

yeah it's just insane how much the traditional weddings cost now and days. It's just sooo much cheaper doing DW and it's so beautiful.Kind of hard to say no lol
I know nothing fancy and they look fake. I figured/hoping no one will notice with the sunlight and all lol