April 2010 Brides

Oh Michele!!! I hope the commute get a little better as time goes by - not necessarily length wise, but maybe you'll get used to it and it won't seem soooo bad?

Just make sure you have your tunes blaring and use the driving time as meditation and alone time, it'll eventually not seem so bad! Just make sure to keep your eyes on the road! lol

Is there anyone you could car pool with? this might make the drive more interesting!

Take care! The Job will be worth it!!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have missed a lot in a day...hope all is well with everyone..

Michele can't wait to see how your invites turned out!!! For our AHR I am thinking of using the wedding announcement to double as a invite for the AHR but I do want to have RSVP"S so not sure about that...

Hope everyone in having a wonderful day.

Okay...here's an update and a request for opinions! I posted a few weeks back about not having a dress yet and thanks to everyone for the responses! I live in a small town and there aren't alot of bridal places within close range so I was planning on doing a trip (4 hour drive!) with some friends in November (only time we could all work our schedules out!) to try some more dresses. In the meantime though, I've been panicking a bit about dresses and made a few phone calls to some of the bridal shops I had been to and planned on going to and they all had the same response "Get there NOW!". ACK. Really started to worry that my time to find a dress was running out! So we made an "emergency" trip back to one of the bridal shops I had already been to to see if they had any new stock in. Turns out they did and I found a dress that I've taken a liking to. I didn't have the "this is the one" feeling when I tried it on either time (I tried it twice just to be sure I did like it!) but have been thinking about it ever since and I think I've probably looked at it online about 20 times since last night! haha So my problem now is this; do I like the dress because I just actually really like it OR do I like the dress because I just want to have found one and not have to worry anymore? Should I go try more on? What should I do!?! I really like the one I tried last night but am scared I like it for the wrong reason and worry about committing to it! Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyg View Post
Okay...here's an update and a request for opinions! I posted a few weeks back about not having a dress yet and thanks to everyone for the responses! I live in a small town and there aren't alot of bridal places within close range so I was planning on doing a trip (4 hour drive!) with some friends in November (only time we could all work our schedules out!) to try some more dresses. In the meantime though, I've been panicking a bit about dresses and made a few phone calls to some of the bridal shops I had been to and planned on going to and they all had the same response "Get there NOW!". ACK. Really started to worry that my time to find a dress was running out! So we made an "emergency" trip back to one of the bridal shops I had already been to to see if they had any new stock in. Turns out they did and I found a dress that I've taken a liking to. I didn't have the "this is the one" feeling when I tried it on either time (I tried it twice just to be sure I did like it!) but have been thinking about it ever since and I think I've probably looked at it online about 20 times since last night! haha So my problem now is this; do I like the dress because I just actually really like it OR do I like the dress because I just want to have found one and not have to worry anymore? Should I go try more on? What should I do!?! I really like the one I tried last night but am scared I like it for the wrong reason and worry about committing to it! Thoughts?
Ugh, this is a toughy, unfortunately it's just going to be a decision you're going to have to make - do you love it enough to stick with it, or are you going to wonder if there ever was that "one" dress out there? If you do go with that choice you just can't look elsewhere or at pics!! lol
I've said many times before and I'm sure people will roll their eyes, I didn't get that feeling either, "the one", my dress was bought purely on budget and style for my body and the simplicity I wanted...it was a choice - but looking at all the dresses posted on this forum of course I've questioned it - it's very simple, almost plain, and elegant. But when it comes down to it, I'm going to be ecstatic on my wedding day regardless of what I'm wearing.
You should post a link or a pic so that we can see it, then it might help you make up your mind, then we can all comment!!
Hope your decision works out for you whatever you choose! let us know!
:o)

Stacey - what weekend in November were you planning to make your trip with the girls to go dress shopping? I realized that Nov. starts in just a couple days so while yes, it is important to try and get a dress ordered soon, if it's the matter or a week or so then *maybe* you can get away with waiting still. Is there any chance that you could get to a store with even just one girlfriend sooner than you'd planned just to reassure yourself more than anything?

Now with all that in mind, I've heard a LOT of girls that said they didn't have a "this is the one" feeling when they found their dresses! And I can totally relate to what you said about having it on your brain all the time and checking it out online a ton. I did the same thing the day after trying my dress on! I guess just ask yourself if there's still something you would change about this dress. Would you rather it had a different cut, or more/less beading etc. I had those thoughts about a bunch of dresses and I think that's partly why I felt they just weren't right. If you feel like there are still a few critical things you would change about the dress then maybe just keep trying?!

So hard! And I don't know if I even helped you or confused you more! LOL! Good luck!

We were planning to go towards the end of November (21st) but now that I really understand the time frame I have to work with, it is leaving it way to late - I need to leave min 4-5 months and right now is the 5 month mark! Plus time for any alterations that will be required and being short, skinny and small busted, I'm sure there will be alterations required!

Honestly, I can't think of anything that I'd change about the dress. I really like everything about it. The dress is a Mori Lee (style 2215). Sorry I don't have a picture to post yet! It seems to has alot of things that I seemed to be drawn to in other dresses I've looked at (lace, beading, strapless, lightweight, etc) so it seems almost perfect!

I think perhaps I just need to think on it for a day or two....maybe go try it on again...