April 2010 Brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
di, i totally feel the same way sometimes. i actually keep two wedding lists together.. one at work and one at work. the one at work is the messy one where i just type anything that pops into my head. then once a week or so i open up my one at home, go through all my stuff from work and organize it and edit whatever crazy things i thought of during the week. it makes it much easier to keep myself from going overboard and keep all of my thoughts straight. i think at one point i had 3 different "to do" lists... not so great if you want to get anything accomplished!
hehe, I do the same thing! Except I have 3 lists, one at work, one at home, and one on my iphone. The iphone list is the one where I just type anything that comes to mind. The work one is the budget calculator and the home one is ideas... I really need to combine them one day lol.

I also leave post-its lying around... esp. when I don't finish my lunch and decide to have it for dinner. I'm always playing with my phone so I leave a note on the back to remind me to bring home food for the night.

We all have our inner dorks ;P

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doblauvelt View Post
hehe, I do the same thing! Except I have 3 lists, one at work, one at home, and one on my iphone. The iphone list is the one where I just type anything that comes to mind. The work one is the budget calculator and the home one is ideas... I really need to combine them one day lol.

I also leave post-its lying around... esp. when I don't finish my lunch and decide to have it for dinner. I'm always playing with my phone so I leave a note on the back to remind me to bring home food for the night.

We all have our inner dorks ;P
I have random lists in notebooks, but on my computer I am the ultimate dork

Main folder is Wedding
Subfolders include
Guest Info - With my SPREADSHEET of when I sent STDs, emails, who responded, etc
Photographer Info
Invitation Info
Music Info
OOT Bag Info
Resort Info

Then I have a Photo Folders
Flower Folder
Inspiration board folder
Hair Inspiration Folder
Monogram Folder
Makeup Ideas folder
Wedding Arch /Ceremony Set Up folder
And then a folder of pictures of my resort

Plus the folder in my email inbox of every piece of correspondence from every person I've ever communicated with about the wedding!

It helps keep me sane : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post

echo, i will be keeping my fingers crossed for your dress hunting! you are bound to find your perfect dress here soon and i can't wait to see it when you do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss di View Post
echo2 - you can do it!! good dress buying vibes coming your way from SF! :)

Well the good vibes reached me miss di!! My trip last night was finally successful and I bought my dress today!! It has everything that I wanted from the other dresses - all in one! I'm super excited :)

And of course since you wanted to see pictures, so I'll figure out to get those posted shortly since the only attachment I could get so far was ITTY BITTY.

So now it's on to the BM dresses! Thank goodness the guys are all wearing khakis and button downs! They`ll be the easy part I hope!

-meghan
LL
LL

Haha...you will all feel so much more releved after you read this! So far...no resort chosen, waiting to hear back on pricing. No dress, have been to a few stores but not too sure, found a beautiful Jim Hjelm dress, but not sure if I want to spend that much!? I have picked out save the dates and invitations...which can not be made due to resort/date selection. So really I cant say that that is even done. lol

That's pretty much where I am....and I'm planning to get married in April!! :) I'm positive though, so it should all fall into place once the pricing comes back.

Jenna20

Hope you have good luck with your planning when you get started. We thought we were early when we were trying to book the resort back in July but found out that we then had problems with the wedding date and time.

Anyway wanted to let you know that we were looking at a Jim Hjelm bridesmaid dress and this designer is just great. Better fabrics and better made. If you love the dress but not sure of the money - just keep in mind how beautiful you will look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
Thank you! It totally feels good!!

Were the pictures actually big enough to see? They looked really small to me so I wasn't sure if I should repost them.
It was small, but I was able to see it a little, and know exactly what your dress look's like!

Jenna,
Good luck with your planning!! I don't want to sound like I'm busting your bubble, but you may have a hard time getting a time and date for April. I know they are booking up real fast (there is only 2 judge's in all of DR) so I was told. Keep trying tho, keep us posted!