April 2010 Brides

it's so funny how different everyone's AHRs are! ours is on june 5th and is very casual, but we're having a ton of people. and there is NO WAY i can be convinced to make all the food myself! we're doing a BBQ kind of set up, but lots of people are bringing dishes to help out.. plus, J is a butcher so we get lots of meat and yummy foods at a discount/free!

jenna, pickled jalapenos sound sooooo delicious! i'm amazed by your ability to make all that food... 50 lbs of potato salad? no sweat! if i were in TX, i'd make your wedding cake for you!

and tracy, oh my goodness.. please keep us posted on your surgery. here's hoping big time that everything will go your way!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post

But on a fun note... we've been having a bit of fun spending some of our wedding money that we got in gifts on some new deck chairs etc. so with the awesome weather we've been having, it makes for a great weekend!
I know, spending those checks is a guilty pleasure!

Burgers and chicken! You just can't go wrong with something grilled and smothered in Head Country! Ours started out the same way but I got a little to into the sides and took them to the next level. I wouldn't recommend doing that. I've seen those little cupcake towers with a bitty cake on top and I think they're cute!

I'm just so lazy about this whole AHR that I don't even want to do a cupcake tower. There's 100 stinking cupcakes and I really don't feel like messing around with trying to arrange them. I think I'm just going to split them up between on the table and have chocolate on one side and vanilla on the other.

[quote=ebredhawk;1299605)

jenna, pickled jalapenos sound sooooo delicious! i'm amazed by your ability to make all that food... 50 lbs of potato salad? no sweat! if i were in TX, i'd make your wedding cake for you!

Thanks!

From just what I gather on this fab forum, it seems to me that a lot of people are having casual AHR. Maybe it's b/c by the time we get done with all that wedding stuff we just want something fun and simple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Thanks!!!! I have endometriosis, so they will go in and burn them away!!! which means I could live a normal life for a year or 2 before the come back again. Also will give me more of a chance to have a baby. But it also can go the other way where the surgery will make everything worse and even more less of a chance to have a baby... so I have to wait and see.

Your so right, it's just to celebrate your love and becoming one. It really shouldn't be about the frills and all that other stuff.

Now your making me re consider again lol!!!! I can't make a decision if my life depended on it after all the decisions i had to make for the DW
Tracy I'm so sorry to here that. I know a girl that endometriosis too, but she was surprisingly able to have a child later on. I hope it all work out grouphug.gifAnd you make me laugh with all of your indecisiveness!

This was all suppose to be one big post, but for some reason it won't let me do it. sorry ladies.

Hi guys... I've been super busy getting unpacked and back to work- haven't been on in a bit.

Tracy- I hope your sugery goes well for you. It sounds like you go through alot so I hope it gives you a bit of a break in the long run. My fingers are crossed for you.

We had our AHR at my parents place in PEI last week. It went really well. It was super casual but it was still a lot of work. We did a mix of catered trays (sanwiches, veggies, etc...) and homemade stuff like cheeseballs and dips and things. I spent most of the day with my Mother, Father and husband putting cheese and crackers on trays, chocolate on strawberries.... but it was worth it. The best part was my Aunt- she wanted to be in charge of bringing the cake and I figured it would just be a sheet cake but she had a wedding cake made and it was gorgeous! I guess she brought my invitations to the baker and she made it to match. I couldn't believe it! It was a really fun night- I think we had well over 60 people. Everyone had a great time, and we had pictures from the wedding and our trip up on the television for a slideshow so that was cool, too.

Here's some pics of the cake and us cutting it.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

The shell on top was edible, too.

I know what your husband means about not wanting to do anything else wedding related, Meghan. I'm pretty weddinged out right now, too. However, spending the checks we were given has been fun- we bought a new couch and a blender. Now we need to do thank you cards... ugghh.

Good luck with your AHRs, everyone! They sound so fun, I hope you can post up some pictures of them.

Thanks guys so much!!! for all your support and kind comments. I'll definitely keep you all posted on how it goes!!!

Your all just so amazing!!! so glad I found you all!!!

LOL Yes I admit I'm horrible with the in decision of a AHR. I've finally decided to forego the whole thing. We decided we'll make a day of it one of these days during the summer and just go see some family members and bring pictures.

Like you Meghan, DH will kill me if I try to plan another 'wedding'

I'll consternate on other things (like school and health)

We're even considering moving to Ontario. Because when I am ready to go back to work, I wont be able to find something I want here with the lack of french!!

Mel, I'm so happy you had a good AHR and had fun.

Love love the cake!!!!! so pretty and adorable!!!

Any other pics from the AHR? We'd love to see them!!!

Hi everyone - I haven't been on much -

I miss you all -

i haven't gone back through all the posts but it looks like AHRs are happening all over the place - mine is Saturday - I'm not as excited as I feel like I should be. hopefully i'll get there.

Mel - we're doing a slideshow of photos from the wedding too - and DH is bringing a PA system so we will DEFINITELY have music!

i think i'm the only one who hasn't gotten their pro pics...

I emailed my photographer yesterday.

fryingpan.gif