April 2010 Brides

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy wedding day, Michelle! Hoping you're having a great time.

I seem to have survived the bachelorette mostly intact, although the sun seems a bit painfully bright today. I had a great time, I think everyone did! My MOH did an awesome job- she really rocks. I don't have any pictures but she took a bunch so I'll see if I can post some when I get them. For now I'm going to take a nap though.

tracy, i hope your travels go well today!!

taylorwd, just checked out your planning thread and it looks great! everything you've done is going to work so well together.. can't wait to see pictures of how it all comes out!

HAPPY WEDDING DAY MICHELE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor you did a great job with your planning thread! What a great idea to use washers to weigh down your place card holders a little! Very creative :) And I love the Dr. Seuss book signing as well - I used to have SO many of those hard cover books as a kid and I still love them. Oooh, and I love your seahorse too!

So I'm just at my office at a ridiculously early time for a sunday, because I went to the airport to see off the first half of our group flying down to the resort. I live about five minutes from the airport so it wasn't a big deal. I also had to pick up a copy of our music from one of the groomsmen. He was halfway through a big line when I got there, so I waited talking with a few other friends until he was done. When I went to grab the cd before they went through security, I found out that he'd just checked both cd copies *and* his ipod and didn't think twice about it! He knew that was the main reason I was coming to the airport too! OMG! So his wife sync'd her phone to his laptop last night so we're hoping that she captured all the songs, even if they aren't in the correct playlist. Unfortunately it just means that I'm left hoping he got all the correct song versions since I haven't even had a chance to listen to everything yet. I cannot believe that he just did that. Anyways, I can't do much about it now and I'm debating getting another friend to download a few of the important songs just in case. When I just told FI, even he was the one to say that these GM's are totally not holding up their end of things very well at all and I have to try not to panic about the things I can't control at this point. He's right but I have no idea how people can't be more responsible!!!

Anyways, that's my rant for the morning and things are going well otherwise. We've got SO much luggage packed right now and I hate that we need to travel so heavy. I am totally the person who will fit everything in to a single bag, either checked or carry-on, just to avoid lines and waiting etc wherever possible. The nice thing is once we give all our stuff out, the return trip will be much easier since most of the bags will nest in with each other! About 26 hours until we're at the airport and on our way.... HOORAY!!

Mel - glad you had a good time at your bachelorette party and I hope that you've recovered now too wink.gif Hehehe, and I hope that Michele is feeling alright today and had an amazing day yesterday too!

Erin - you must be in full swing getting J's daughter all packed up and ready to go as well huh? Was there a lot still that you've got to do to get ready? You and Mel both seem more prepared than I am and you still have just a couple short weeks left!!

Thank you for the compliments!

That really sucks about your music!! I would say that if it's easy to do and no trouble at all, then sure download a couple really important songs to make sure you have the right version. For the others, I'd just let it go. No one but you will know if a song isn't the right version and hopefully your guests will be having too much fun to care! I think that with 26 hours until you go, you should not have this on your plate of things to worry about.

Meghan- what a stupid thing for the GM to do. I agree, maybe just try to download the important songs just in case and then try not to worry about it. I'm glad your FI is starting to notice some of this behaviour, too.

Wow- can't believe your first group of guests is leaving, time is really flying now. Just breathe deeply and picture yourself relaxing in Mexico.

Erin- I can't believe we have just over two weeks to go! Two weeks from today and I'll be on the plane heading out- sun and sand here I come.

Taylorwd- I took a look at your thread, too and I love it! Thanks for putting it up, those are some of my favourite threads. I've got one in the works, too, I'll probably post it the week before we leave.

I'm feeling fully recovered today and ready to work out and then go into work for my last shift. I only have to do four hours today so that's nothing- I'm just wrapping up loose ends and finishing up a funding proposal and then I'm out of there! I took a total day off from the diet yesterday, too, and just snacked on leftover crackers and cake from the bachelorette so I've got to get some real food into me today. FI and I need to go over our wedding playlist tonight, too.

Me TOO MEL!!!! 2 weeks today and we'll be on a plane as well! I can't wait, I need a vacation from all this wedding planning!! lol

I can't wait to hear about everyone's trips and see all the pics it's going to be amazing!!

MEGHAN!!!!!!!!!!! please tell me this is not the same GM that decided he didn't "like" what he was to wear to YOUR wedding!! I probably would have had a class 4 meltdown at the airport!!! lol

Taylor - awesome job on the planning thread!!! I don't think I'll be organized enough to pull getting everything together, well if I can swing it, it will definitely only be after the wedding!!

Hi ladies! I have been absent for about a month I think. I've been so super busy with wedding stuff and just life in general! I've got a lot of catching up to do but I just wanted to say good luck to everyone. We leave on Saturday!!!! We have 16 total people coming down and 11 of those people are flying down the same day. 7 of us are on the same flight even :) I'm so excited I can hardly wait to get through this week. Everything is pretty much done. I just need to finish packing which can wait until the end of the week. Its finally getting nice here in MN so a lot of stuff that I would wear down in Mexico (short sleeve stuff, cropped pants) I'm finally able to wear here due to the nice weather. I'll be doing laundry late this week because of it for sure.

Have a wonderful trip ladies and I'll try to keep updated this week. My mind wont be doing a good job while its at work so I'll be on a lot I'm sure.