April 2010 Brides

Congrats on getting a bag packed and out of the house already, Erin! I was just talking to my brother yesterday about taking some of our mugs down- he thinks he'll only need one suitcase so I may end up packing another one for him. My MOH is going to take some of my favours down with her, too. It's nice to be able to lighten the load a little bit, isn't it?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, great idea... to bad i have no idea exactly what's in my 'wedding corner'

top of my head

cake topper

cake cutter server

FI suit/shoes

My shoes,Garter, errarings and necklace (which I packed)

Don't forget your rings!!! (I'm waiting to engrave them before packing)

centerpieces/vases

sea shell candle holds/candles

OOT bags will be handed out to the ppl in town before we go.

I gave the girls bouquet to them already with their dress and shoes.

FI gift (boudoir book)

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Wow, some of you are super organized! I still have some shopping to do, mainly summer dresses (not a lot in stores right now), and bathing suits. I won't start on packing stuff till the week before, the house is already such a mess, don't want to add more... (I'm trying to finish a big renovation at the same time, just chose some tile over the week-end. We will only install it after the trip though). I'm allowed 2 * 44 pounds suitcases, but it should all fit in one, since we won't bring all the decor and OOT you are. Don't know how you can do it with only one, huge challenge! You should definitely take advantage of your family & guest and give them things to bring.

My stress is with all the things I want to carry-on: wedding dress, our DSLR camera bag, a small duffel with "in-flight" items, and my little rolling 19" suitcase. Now I need to fit so much in there: hairdryer, flat iron, his wedding clothes & shoes, his electric shaver, my dress sandals, make-up, jewelry. I usually have our suits and one change of clothes+underwear in there, just in case, but I'm not sure it will fit. Big puzzle in perspective, and we'll have our hands full moving around at the airport.

I haven't packed much yet but I do have a wedding section in the spare room closet where I've been keeping everything together so nothing gets left behind. I went through my summer clothes last month and put the things that I want to bring in a suitcase along with all of my swimsuits but it's not really packed properly yet. I think I'll start packing the weekend before we leave, and finish up the day before we go (I'm off work that day). I'm still trying to decide what to take as carry on and what to pack, also. Is anyone having their FI take his suit/wedding clothes as carry on? I think I'd like to do that- it would be bad if our luggage went missing or was delayed and he had nothing to wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melidell View Post
I haven't packed much yet but I do have a wedding section in the spare room closet where I've been keeping everything together so nothing gets left behind. I went through my summer clothes last month and put the things that I want to bring in a suitcase along with all of my swimsuits but it's not really packed properly yet. I think I'll start packing the weekend before we leave, and finish up the day before we go (I'm off work that day). I'm still trying to decide what to take as carry on and what to pack, also. Is anyone having their FI take his suit/wedding clothes as carry on? I think I'd like to do that- it would be bad if our luggage went missing or was delayed and he had nothing to wear.
I was thinking of getting him to bring his suit as a carry on, but then I said to myself ' who's going to carry my 2 dresses' and also figured there is a iron in all the rooms, make him work a little to marry me and get him just to iron the day of the wedding.
LOL I'm sooo bad!

FI clothes are going in my dress bag. I've been thinking about packing non-stop, but fotunately I'm a pack-rat and not to worried about the clothes... just want to make sure that I'm not fogetting anything for the ceremony.

Sand ceremony set

tears of joy packets and bubbles for chairs

chair sashes

fabric for yuppa

towels w/ sand dollar prayer

Easter eggs (yes I stuffed eggs w/ candy for Easter Sunday, I've officially gone bazerk!)

garter

veil, hair piece, dress & FI suite (all going into dress bag)

2 pairs of wedding shoes (wedges for sand & heals for reception)

my wedding folder (being carried on w/ me, will have receipts in it)

starfish place cards

ribbon for my bouquet

rings (we 2 wedding bands each)

Mom's bringing the guest book

On a side note - does anyone know if the 3 ounce in 1 quart bag apply for checked bags to? Or is this only for carry on bags?

wow love your list,

Made me remember my sand kit!!!

Chair shash is included in my package, I forgot for a second.

Me too, 2 pairs of shoes, one for sand one for reception.

That is to funny, the eggs filled with candy, that is just way to darn cute, I am sure the guest will def get a kick out of it.

May I ask why 2 wedding bands? never heard of it before. Very interesting!!!!!

For you checked luggage your allowed any amount.. doesn't have to be under 100ml.

That is just for the carry-on

Oh ladies, I have been so busy trying to get all of this wedding stuff done. The FI and I got a lot done this past weekend with wedding favor bags and OOT bags, but nothing is totally complete yet. I’m hoping to get them fully assembled this weekend, and then I’ll post pictures. Today, I posted a thread of my sand and shell bottle wedding favors w/ pics and instructions. Check it out. http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...-w-pics-56826/

Click the image to open in full size.

I was able to breathe a BIG sigh of relief yesterday when I finally faxed my FINAL wedding guest list to the Carnival Cruiselines Wedding Department. That means I don’t have to BEG people to RSVP anymore! If anyone tries to RSVP at this point, too late, the guest list is already final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
Erin,You started passing out your OOT bags? What a FANTASTIC idea!!!! OMG! I want to do that! How much easier will that make my lifehuh.gif?? You are so brilliant! Are you telling them to bring everything with them?

Natasha - no nothing wedding in the basement - mostly books and tools, and my kitties hang out down there - they were a little stressed but they are ok. the sun is finally out today but the rivers are just cresting in some areas and tons of floods. New Jersey has been declared a diaaster area. My friend who's home my shower was in just got her power back. I have pictures on my facebook page - Michele Bailin - you can request me to be a friend : )

Passing out OOT bags ahead of time is a great idea if you have people in town. I only have one person in town that is coming to my wedding. All the other guests are in different states. Luckily, we are able to drive down to Miami, Florida where the wedding will be. We will definitely have the SUV LOADED. I have wedding stuff scattered all over the house and it won’t be cleared out until after the wedding.

I’m so glad your kitties are ok. I was so out-of-the-loop over the weekend, I didn’t know about the flooding in your area until I came on this message board. I’m in the dark ages, I don’t have a facebook account yet, so I couldn’t check out your pictures, but I saw the news coverage this morning while I was getting ready for work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
okay first I have to point out how much of a EEEEEKKK!! moment I just had when I noticed that both Tracy & Michele's tickers are now counting down in DAYS and not months anymore!!! How awesome does that look now!?!
I know! Ours will be that way soon too. I can’t wait to hear their reviews and see some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt75 View Post
I bought several starfish and sand dollars yesterday online and I can't wait to get them in. I decided to use the starfish as name cards for dinner and I'm going to use the sand dollars for the sand dollar prayer. You should really check out this site: Sand Dollars, Starfish and Seashells for sale, I found it from another girl on here that was very happy with her order, they are so reasonably priced too!
I ordered sand dollars from them too. They are definitely good quality and are packaged very well. None of my shells arrived broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Nat,

Thank you so much, I am feeling back to myself... once I'm done the time of the month everything goes back to normal.

Now to deal with the next time of the month (the day I leave!!!!... very nervous as I have pattern to end up in the hospitl every 3 months, and March was suppose to be that time and I didn't... I just hope it's not next month)

I actually had a nightmar last night,that I started my period on the 10th (the day we leave) but I ended up in the hospital,and so I missed my flight!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be crossing my fingers for the next 28 days lol

Glad you are feeling better. I will definitely be keeping my fingers crossed for you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
i am a terrible future daughter-in-law, but i'm not doing anything for my in-laws. i made a frame for my mom that has 3 openings.. i included a picture of her and my dad at their wedding (they have NO wedding pictures of their own out), my brother and my SIL at theirs and then an opening for one of our pictures. i got my dad a tommy bahama shirt to wear in the wedding.

i forgot to tell everyone that we actually have half of our wedding stuff packed and out of our house!

i can update my wedding packing list (i made a spreadsheet that has everything wedding-related that we're bringing and which bag it's packed in) too! hello freaksih organization.

I don’t think you are terrible for not getting the in-laws anything. Not everyone does the traditional thing.

You are sooo lucky to get half your wedding stuff out of your house. I can’t do that though, because none of my relatives or close friends live in the same city (or even the same state) as me. I’ve only lived in this area for about a year and a half and moved here for the job.

I try to be organized and I have spreadsheets for almost everything, but I don’t think I am going to have time to put together a packing list. Luckily I don’t have to do much clothes shopping for the honeymoon. Just a few swimsuits and sundresses. My friends and I typically do a “girlfriend’s weekend” every year, and we did Miami in 2008, so I bought a lot of outfits for that. Then the FI and I went to Vegas for a week last year and I bought a bunch of clothes for that trip , so I have TONS of clothes for vacation. I just need to go through my closets to figure out what I’m bringing and what still fits right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Hunnie View Post
Ladies, you should all post what you have ready to go and packed. I love to see all your ideas.
Hmmm… The only thing I have packed up and ready-to-go are my natural touch wedding flowers. Everything else is just scattered around the house. But, I will get it together soon… Hopefully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok View Post
Wow, some of you are super organized! I still have some shopping to do, mainly summer dresses (not a lot in stores right now), and bathing suits. I won't start on packing stuff till the week before, the house is already such a mess, don't want to add more... (I'm trying to finish a big renovation at the same time, just chose some tile over the week-end. We will only install it after the trip though).
I couldn’t even imagine planning a wedding and doing a home renovation at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt75 View Post
On a side note - does anyone know if the 3 ounce in 1 quart bag apply for checked bags to? Or is this only for carry on bags?
The 3 ounce 1 quart bag only applies to your carry on. A tip though (since I travel by air a lot)… use Ziploc bags to seal all of your liquids, gels, and aerosols that are in your checked bag. The change in air pressure on the plane could cause the containers to leak or burst and you don’t want your clothes ruined. I usually double wrap mine in my checked bag.