April 2010 Brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Lol, it's true that compared to Canada it's practically summer here! Bathing suits usually show up in the stores around Valentine's Day, so I'm very lucky that way! Personally, I think it should be that way everywhere. I mean, so many people have spring vacations that it seems like a no-brainer to me, but I'm not the one running the clothing stores!

I'm not from Texas originally (I'm a Yankee at heart) so I can relate to your pain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
Well my first comment is that thankfully Walmart does have bathing suits pretty much year round now and they aren't a bad price either woohoo!!

Second - you only take four bathing suits with you?!?! LOL! I probably won't have less than 8-10 suits when I go away cheesy.gif Plus I've collected a few new cover-ups to take with me as well so I'm very excited to show it all off!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not ecstatic to be strutting around in my bikini all the time or anything - I'm as self-conscious as the next girl - but every woman loves to have new clothes to show off!!.
Well, at least we have stores carrying bathing suit year round, but it is always hard, since I'm pretty cheap. I have a few cheap places to check this week-end.

And I usually bring 5-6 bikinis for the beach, but I have lost so much weight last year that I need to rebuild the collection! It's hard work to buy this stuf! LOL

Quote:
hehe I bought a bandeau top for the same reason and seriously they do NOT suit my body type LOL! I have a fairly long torso and when I wear a bikini top like that with regular bikini bottoms, I look so awkward since there is just so little covering my body! I mean, I realize that is the point of bikinis but typically i would wear a halter style and prefer something closer to boy-cut bottoms than anything! Eek!
Plus it's kind of weird since my parents will be there and I'm not used to just strutting around with nothing but my bikini on.... nevermind that FI gets grabby when that's all I'm wearing and it'll be kinda difficult being inconspicuous about heading back to our room in the middle of the day for some "fun" if you know what I mean! Okay i know its our wedding and everything but I haven't lived anywhere near my parents for 10 years so it's a little strange...
No strapless bikini for me, I'm pretty sure it would look horrible, my girls are so inexistent... And I'd be scared to have it fall off when swimming! Anyway, my dress is halter style, and I don't really tan. My trusty 60 FPS lotion will keep me almost white for the whole week.

Since we're going alone, I don't have to worry about the others. However, I often hang out at the lake in my bikini with my family & friends. I even wore a bikini at a work lake/swimming activity! Was never one to hide very much my body. But the "middle day siesta" would definitely be hard on me. I know they know, but still...

Quote:
Yes, five days later and I'm still at a loss for what I'm supposed to do right now. This is really the most major moment where FI and I have completely and utterly had different opinions and couldn't find any sort of middle ground. I've always been a believer that many traits in people can easily boil down to boy vs. girl... and this scenario has been a horribly true example of just that. The guys think it was right, the girls think it was wrong. So here's what I'm working on accepting... four weeks before my wedding, I now know that I cannot trust my friends to make decisions on their own actions that involves myself or FI. how does that sound for hollow friendship?!? The guys (including FI) don't think the decision was wrong to go ahead with the things they planned just so they could get their own kicks out of it. And I personally find it extremely wrong that they believe this knowing it was going to cause problems and hurt someone. What a time to realize that huh? I'm supposed to get the GM's their pants this weekend and expect to carry on with all my planning and honestly, I don't want to see or talk to any of them right now. This bloody sucks.
grouphug.gif At this point, just let you FI deal with his friends, and let go as much as you can, so you can go back to enjoy this planning! Yes, your FI probably think it's less of a problem than you do, even if he didn't want it to happen. He knows his friends are guys, and guys are like that: they didn't want to hurt you intentionally, just didn't thought it wouldn't be such a deal to you. It has a lot to do with differences in communication. They're often very puzzled at our excessive reactions. (I've worked & studies almost exclusively with men for the last 14 years, so I have kind of an "inside" view. I'm one of the "boys" LOL)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 15 bathing suites!!! I'm looking for more cover ups but then i see a new bathing suite, lol FI told me no more!!!!

You girls are so right about the strapless not being flattering, I have 2 because i have a strapless dress, but holy crap!!! doesn't suite me at all lol Ah well I def don't want white lines in my pics.

Michele, I know it's stressful, especially so close, but try and keep calm and remember it WILL come together in the end, and you'll be happily married and you'll forget about all of this.hug2.gif

offtopic.gif

I'm now thinking about a gift for me parents/ mother

my mother especially since she's been a major help in all of this, if it wasn't for her none of this would be happening.

What should i get them, I want it to me something she/they can use but a memory as well. I am so stumped!!!! I have no problem getting 1 for my mother and 1 for my dad, like I'm saying I just don't know what. Please Please help me!!!

I know a lot of you have great idea's running around up there, share pls! (Can you read my desperation?!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
I'm now thinking about a gift for me parents/ mother
my mother especially since she's been a major help in all of this, if it wasn't for her none of this would be happening.
What should i get them, I want it to me something she/they can use but a memory as well. I am so stumped!!!! I have no problem getting 1 for my mother and 1 for my dad, like I'm saying I just don't know what. Please Please help me!!!
I know a lot of you have great idea's running around up there, share pls! (Can you read my desperation?!)
I got my parents and FI's Mom a custom album from my photographer. The only problem is they'll have to wait for it until well after the wedding so I'll need to put a note in a card or something. I was really stuck on what to get them, too, and this seemed like something they'd really like (my Mother will be torturing unsuspecting visitors with it for many years to come, I'm sure). Hope this helps- parents are hard to buy for sometimes.

What about a digital picture frame?? That's what FI and I got for our three sets of grandparents this past Christmas. We figured that since they all live in condos then space was an issue, and at their age you can only expect the pictures on the walls to change so often LOL!

Anyways we added a bunch of random pics onto memory cards for them, and they still have tons of room on the cards for us and the other grandkids to add more. I realize that particular detail isn't relevant but if you have a large enough card and start off with the wedding, you can still add other pics down the road! I'm thinking new house, baby, pets ... all the things that are part of your life!

And with all that being said, I'm still stumped on something to get my dad (and I guess FI's dad as well). I have a couple ideas for my mom but my dad is so tricky!

Wow it's been quite on here for a few days... how ackward, lol

Hope everyone's bachelorette party went well this weekend. I had my lingerie and bachelorette party and it was awesome! We had dinner at Bucca de Beppo (family style Italian) and then they took me to the Glass Cactus which is a super nice club... My friends did such an awesome job, they booked a vip table w/ bottle service and we had an absolutle blast! I can only hope everyone else's was as fun as mine! FI went to a friends bachelor party (they're getting married this weekend, ug) and they're jelous at how much fun we all had :)

Got my personalized towels in this weekend, and make cute little ties to wrap them in that are also personlized w/ people's names. Things are defintly starting to come together and I'm getting super excited! 2 1/2 more weeks!

Thanks Meghan, and Mel..

I really appreciate your ideas.

The only thing is, I was going to do the photo book (but the photo's will be the page as suppose to the pics going in) after the wedding. Wanted something to give them before the ceremony, I made poem's/letter's to go with it. Still stumped

Plus I've been so much pain from my period, hardly able to sit at the pc. So glad I didn't end up in the hospital this time, there is a gastro break out at the hospital!!!

I haven't been able to do anything on my list expect for add things to it!!!

hoyt75 ,

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEF awkward, we're not use to all this silence!!

I am soooo happy you had a great time at your bachelorette smile159.gif, and you remember your night!! lol .And no drama!!! good for you girl!!!!

Soo what are some of the things you got as lingerie?

Aww, you'll have to post a pic of your towels, all wrapped up, sounds so nice!!!

I've hit sheer panick, no excitement over here. I think it'll get better once everything on my list is off, and my actual vacation is packed for. oh and my spring cleaning done!! ugh! I think I set to high of a goal!

Jenna - sounds like you had a great time at your bachelorette party too! I like the idea of being at a nice bar with personal service all night! I managed to make it though my entire day and evening this weekend and was up nearly 24hrs straight in the process! We went from paintball to hot tubbing to dinner then roller skating then the pub. My sister and the girls did an awesome job pulling it all off and we have TONS of pictures that I'll make sure to share! I was just too tired yesterday to get any posted from home.

I'm nearly finished my favours now too, just have to find a box or tin for them to go in. One of the other girls had her planning thread posted with DIY magnets that I LOVED and they were actually really easy to do! Hehehe plus I also stole her idea of making little umbrellas and I'm using them as our place cards because I remembered that I've got a bunch of votive holders at home that aren't at all being used so I'm going to fill them with sand when we get down there! Shae's planning thread

Aside from that I'm partway through putting all my OOT bags together - just without the bags themselves. I'm working on a last ditch attempt of getting a bag I really, really like and otherwise I'll be okay still to order my backup bag. I really didn't intend for these to be last minute but oh well!

And now I totally lost my train of thought LOL!!

Tracy - I hope you feel a bit better now and yes, thank goodness you weren't back in the hospital again this time around! Hopefully you can be a bit more productive this week to finish off the last of your list!

Well, i realized last night that I have 2 bathing suits that fit - that isn't going to be enough for a 10 day trip, and I don't think ordering from Victoria's Secret is going to work at this late date, so now I have to shop.

Our basement also flooded over the weekend from the major storms we had...nothing like a little added stress -

I don't know if you saw my post but my friends surprised me with a shower this weekend - it was so nice - a Spa day - FI was a big part of it - he did all the cooking and was the "suprise" caterer! i was so shocked! No pictures yet but soon~

I feel like I'm in total panic mode too Tracy - There just isn't enough time in the day!

Michele what an awesome surprise!!!!! How great is your FI to help do all that work for you and the girls smile159.gif I can't quite imagine my fi being involved with something like that so way to go!

I'm so sorry to hear that your basement flooded too! The city has had some bad problems here the last few years but this year we might get off the hook because of how little snow is still around. If it clears out before the spring rain starts then we should be okay I think. Did you have a lot of damage too? Was your basement finished or just full of stuff? I hope you can get it all taken care of quickly enough! You definitely DON'T need this extra stress right now!

As for the bikini's - I think it's only an extra $5.99 to have everything shipped within 5 business days (or at least that is the CDN price) so you might be able to take advantage of that option to pick up some more in time for your trip? Plus I am fairly sure they've still got some of last seasons pieces on sale so you can probably get a wicked deal on your stuff too!

FI's mom got me a super nice cover-up from their recent trip to Florida as my shower gift (even though I didn't have a shower teehee!) and its a super soft material so i honestly can't wait to use it!

Wow! Everyone and their multiple bathing suits. I have such a hard time finding bathing suits that I like at all. I was proud that I was bringing 2 down!!!! Maybe I should go look for some more? I wish I could buy a strapless suit but there is NO way I could prevent my chest from hitting the ground without the support evil.gif I've been blessed with 2 children and after nursing both of them, lets just say they arent what they used to be! So now my fear is having tan lines but you know what, who cares.... Thats just all the more proof that we had great sun in a tropical location. Its ok with me I guess. :)

I hope all the wedding planning is going well! I have to still get a couple items for my OOT bags. I'm also waiting *patiently* on my MIL to respond back to me with a Friday this summer that she will be in town. We are getting them a Mississippi dinner comedy cruise for their gift from us on a big paddle boat. I just couldnt think of anything else so hopefully they love it.