April 2010 Brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Thanks so much for your supportive and kind words.
It maybe could be an option to change hotels for the second week. But I mean the room thing isn't a big enough reason to go through all the hassle to change hotels.
But in the end I guess what is causing more of a hassle, trying to get an upgrade or change hotels. I guess it will be something I look into.. thanks so much for the suggestion. I need any many as possible!

Hey Shotnsweet, where've you been lol! wink.gif
How's the planning going along? I think about you every time I think about how I need a new pair of shoes.. .Miami!!! lol
Tracy,

I've been traveling a lot for work... I started a new job a little over a year ago and it's about a two-year training period. So, I would say that I've traveled about 60% of the past year for training. I'm in Crystal River, Florida near Tampa right now (just got here today) and I will be here for about two weeks. The travel combined with wedding planning has kept me busy and exhausted, but the end is in sight (to the wedding planning anyway). My dress and the bridesmaids dresses are in. My first fitting is on Feb 27th; the day after I get back home to Atlanta. I have to go through my long to-do list to see what else I need to get done. Right now, I am researching things to put in my OOT bags (for my cruising wedding guests) and the wedding favors (for the guests that are only coming to the wedding ceremony and not cruising with us). I've ordered several items for the bags. I'll have to post pictures and my updated to-do list once I can sit down and gather my scattered thoughts together.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I have been a little out of the loop... until Sunday when my mom stopped by. We have so few weekends before the wedding, not to mention the AHR. Geeze, sometimes I wonder what I've been doing. monkey.gif

Luckily I remind myself that after all, this Destination Wedding thing is soooo much less planning than anything else, and because of the guest lists and trip-booking guest counts, it comes down to the last few months, right?

So, I know I don't post much, but read a lot, I feel like a silent observer!

jerseykitten, I hope your ear infection clears up soon. I know when I get sick I just feel out of place, so hoping for a quick recovery!

caribbeanlover -- hopefully your boudoir session was great and the bars opened just in time to give you the right buzz! Lord knows we need a little motivation to look and feel so sexy in front of the camera! And even though your room issue has probably been super stressful, just remember you have documentation, ask to speak with the next level higher of supervisor and don't budge or settle for less than you are comfortable with. I have been reading a lot about our resort and essentially everyone says bring all your paperwork because it doesn't matter if its just you and 2 guests or 200 they still mess up rooms (I realize that is during check in versus ahead of time, but still - stick to your guns lady!)

But, we sill have a list of things to do in 2 months:

Invitations are in, FI is out of town for work, so that is my time to catch up and address everything. I want them mailed by Monday next week.

Need to meet with AHR venue for food menu (we probably will just do a DJ or an IPOD docking station with music + perhaps a photobooth photographer) and to generally set up the layout. We've previewed the location but are planning a pretty low key affair

FI needs to go pick a suit. And then we need to coordinate groomsmen suits/attire. I have the BM dresses already and I think the flower girls too. So the guys just need to make them look good... haha. Kidding they all will look great in the end!

I have a list of OOT bag items and have been researching a lot of sources saved in my bookmarks but I need to start ordering. I have to travel for work for about 10 days right after my bachelorette party, so that really takes a chunk out of our time-frame. Plus if things are back-ordered then I am going to be in trouble.

Verify CO's marriage req't b/c another BDW Bride said Denver has weird req'ts.

Breath, relax, breath :-) haha

My shower is in a few weeks and so is my bachelorette party. But I might have to be on a plane for a work trip at 6am the morning after (or technically of) my bachelorette party. I am not a big drinker or party-er but hopefully I don't get on a plane as a hot mess. Luckily my company owner is a good friend and is flying with me for work too, so we will both be in the same boat (drunk) but we'll be together -- LOL. tee hee!

Well ladies, I know I am quiet, but I am in the homestretch and am realizing my to do list is not so short! Soooo happy to have this board to keep me in check.

good luck today tracy!!! with the BD shoot and the room situation! keep us posted on both!

michele, it looks like we're court buddies! i'll definitely be keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything goes okay! i have to go to court tomorrow for J since it's our hearing to get his daughter to come to the wedding. seems like a lot of work for her to see her father get married, doesn't it?

i just sent an email to our airline to ask about travelling with a wedding dress. thankfully mine doesn't need to be steamed since it already has a wrinkly look, so if it has to go in the overhead it's okay, but i'd really rather just hang it up in a closet!

oh Erin, i hope court goes well for you guys! i can't believe you guys have to go through so much torouble for this!

Tracy - GOOD LUCK TODAY!

My court date got pushed back - they're sending me a new date in the mail so I'm supposed to be taking it easy for the next 2 days. Easier said than done.

Good luck today, Tracy! I hope it goes well and that you enjoy yourself. Let us know how it went.

Also, good luck with the court dates you guys. That sounds like extra stress that you probably don`t need right now, so I`m hoping everything goes your way. I can`t believe you have to go to court so that FI`s daughter can come to the wedding, Erin, that`s too bad. I hope she`s able to be there.

Urghh... 6 AM flight after a bachelorette party sounds rough! Good luck with that one, too.

OK. I am finally catching up on this thread. Sorry if I am a little late on the replies… Better late than never I guess.

First, welcome to all the new April brides!

Meghan & Suzy, I think it is so sweet that you have formed a new friendship through this forum.

Michelle,

Congrats on the new car and the new job… That photo of your car covered in snow was too funny… It reminded me of the winters in Michigan when I lived there.

By the way, love your barefoot sandals! Too cute. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Tracy,

I thought your cake topper was really cute.

Hope your BD shoot goes well today. I really liked the outfits. I never even considered doing a BD session. I donâ€t think I have the confidence to do it.

Sorry to hear about all of the issues with booking your room. I hope everything works out for you in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
I'm doing OOT bags - They're almost done - I have to finish the hangover kits - once I get shoveled out...lol..I just need to get some bags and pepto - I have Excedrin already and little stickers to go on them.
Where did you find the Pepto and Excedrin? Iâ€m thinking of including these in my OOT bags too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melidell View Post
We're keeping things pretty free for everyone, too. We've asked everyone to meet up with us for welcome drinks the first evening there which will be a good chance to introduce everyone, but other than that we've kept it open. I think people will probably get together in groups to do whatever excursions they're interested in and we'll make a point of letting people know where we'll be in case they want to meet up with us.
The hotel my guests and I are staying in in Miami the night before the wedding was nice enough to let us use their breakfast area for our meet-and-greet and will only be charging us a cleaning fee. They will let us bring in our own food and drinks (no alcohol) and music. This is a huge cost saver. We will hand out our wedding favors and OOT bags there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ76 View Post
I may have already mentioned it before but here's what we're doing: 1 full day and 1 half day tour includes: Mayan Ruin tour, working Mayan village tour, Ziplining across the jungle tops, snorkeling in an underground cenote (river) and a natural aquarium, small cliff jumping into a lagoon type of thingy, swimming with sea turtles, playing with little monkeys...and there's more, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Suzy, that excursion sounds like so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasse75 View Post
I have a good one for everyone when it comes to changing your name.....I don't have to......cause we have the same last name!!!!!!
My cousin and his wife had the same last name too before they got married. His wife was so lucky she didnâ€t have to go through all of the paperwork to get her last name changed. But it is a very common last name, Williams. So it didnâ€t seem too weird that they had the same last name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
I guess I consider myself lucky, FI and I can't have this argument about if I change my name. In Quebec you keep your name and if you want to change it to your husband's last name you have to pay 2000$ and we both agree that kind of money to change a name is way to much (that's close to having another trip down south) but if we ever moved out of Quebec I automatically get his last name.
Wow, never heard of that before. Well, I am definitely changing my last name, no hyphenation. Iâ€m pretty traditional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taraappl View Post
Hey all... I'm just about finished with my welcome letter. I thought I'd post it for everyone to see/steal feedback.gif I have a couple of changes to make regarding my times etc. I stole this from someone else on the site so I figured I'd pass it along! Enjoy :)
Thanks for sharing this…

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie424 View Post
Wow. I have been a little out of the loop... until Sunday when my mom stopped by. We have so few weekends before the wedding, not to mention the AHR. Geeze, sometimes I wonder what I've been doing. monkey.gif

Luckily I remind myself that after all, this Destination Wedding thing is soooo much less planning than anything else, and because of the guest lists and trip-booking guest counts, it comes down to the last few months, right?

So, I know I don't post much, but read a lot, I feel like a silent observer!

I know what you mean about feeling like a silent observer. Iâ€ve felt like that for the past couple of months. I browse through this thread to see whatâ€s going on, but donâ€t have the energy to gather my thoughts and type up a post. I was determined to post today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
i just sent an email to our airline to ask about travelling with a wedding dress. thankfully mine doesn't need to be steamed since it already has a wrinkly look, so if it has to go in the overhead it's okay, but i'd really rather just hang it up in a closet!
Since our wedding ceremony is taking place in the Port of Miami before the cruise ship departs, we have decided to drive instead of fly. Even though it will be a 10 to 12 hour drive from Atlanta to Miami. We have so much stuff to carry down and I did not want to drag my dress through the airport. Itâ€s good that your dress has that “wrinkly†look so you donâ€t have to worry too much about it. But, I hope they are nice enough to let you hang it in the closet.

So, I think I am finally caught up on this thread (for now). Now I have to go look through my to-do list and figure out what I have left to do. I canâ€t believe the wedding is only two months away!!!smile41.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsweet7675 View Post
OK. I am finally catching up on this thread. Sorry if I am a little late on the replies… Better late than never I guess.

Never too late buddysmile29.gif

Michelle,
Congrats on the new car and the new job… That photo of your car covered in snow was too funny… It reminded me of the winters in Michigan when I lived there.

By the way, love your barefoot sandals! Too cute. Hope you start feeling better soon.
Seriously, the snow has got to stop - it's JERSEY....we don't get this much snow!

My sandals have already been shipped - I can't wait to see them!

Where did you find the Pepto and Excedrin? Iâ€m thinking of including these in my OOT bags too.

I ordered the Excedrin from Dollar Tree and the Pepto and tylenol Packets from Amazon
i wish I'd ordered all packets instead of the Excedrin bottles becauase they take up more space-learn from my mistake! I thought the prices were really reasonable and according to the tracking I should have them tomorrow and i just ordered them on sunday.

Amazon.com: Tylenol® Extra-Strength, 2-Caplet Dosage, Box Of 50: Health & Personal Care

I really need to stop ordering things....i'm really out of control with the PayPal account! Once these packets come in I'm done except for my quest for free vistaprint shirts...i've ordered like 5 in the last 2 days monkey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
Seriously, the snow has got to stop - it's JERSEY....we don't get this much snow!

My sandals have already been shipped - I can't wait to see them!

I ordered the Excedrin from Dollar Tree and the Pepto and tylenol Packets from Amazon
i wish I'd ordered all packets instead of the Excedrin bottles becauase they take up more space-learn from my mistake! I thought the prices were really reasonable and according to the tracking I should have them tomorrow and i just ordered them on sunday.

I really need to stop ordering things....i'm really out of control with the PayPal account! Once these packets come in I'm done except for my quest for free vistaprint shirts...i've ordered like 5 in the last 2 days monkey.gif
I know you have to be tired of the snow. It even snowed in the South. Get this... Atlanta got TWO INCHES of snow on Friday and it's like the city shut down. Schools were closed, activities were cancelled. They just don't have the equipment to deal with the snow and ice like they do in the north.

Thanks for the info on the pepto and excedrin. I will take your advice and go with the packets. I have to stop ordering things too. I've only made one order from Vista Print so far though (the OOT bags), but I just got a promotional email from them today and saw a few things I am thinking of ordering. Their "free" offers are hard to pass up.

I have to tell you all about my dog being attacked by a loose dog in the neighborhood this past Sunday (Valentineâ€s evening)...

I have two dogs, a 4-yr old Lab/Doberman mix and a 2-yr old Beagle mix. The house I am renting does not have a fenced-in backyard, so I put them on tie-outs to let them go outside and do their business and play around outside (they are inside dogs). Well, the FI and I had just finished up dinner and put the dogs outside for a while. They started barking like they normally do and my FI stepped outside to tell them to be quiet. A little while later, their barking got more intense, so I went outside to see what was going on.

There is a hilly, wooded area behind the house and they were barking in that direction, but I couldnâ€t see what was out there. I called the dogs and they wouldnâ€t come, so I started pulling on their tie-out cords to get them back towards the house. I called out to my FI to help me get them in the house. As he pulled them towards the house, a large German Shepherd came out of the wooded area towards the house. The dog acted like he wanted to come in the house and seemed like a friendly dog. My FI got the dogs in the house and me, being the dog lover that I am, took a closer look at the dog to see if it had any tags on it (it had a collar, but no tags). The back door was still slightly open.

At that point, my Lab mix ran back out of the house barking at the German Shepherd and the dog jumped on my dog and had her by the neck on the ground. He shook her a couple of times and would not let go. My Lab mix started squealing in pain and at that point, I thought my dog was going to die right there in front of me. So, not thinking of my own safety, I ran over to them and tried to pull my dog from the German Shepherdâ€s mouth while hitting the German Shepherd with my free hand. I ended up dragging the both of them about 20 feet to my back door trying to pull my dog from the other dogâ€s mouth. Keep in mind, my dog weighs about 70 lbs, so I know the German Shepherd weighed more than that. Itâ€s amazing what adrenaline will do to you. I am still sore from that evening. My FI had run in the house to find something to hit the dog with because he was not letting go and my dog was still squealing. My FI had to hit the dog about 5 times with the security bar from my back door before he finally let go of my dogâ€s neck. I felt so bad about having to hit the dog, but I did not want my dog to die.

I checked my dog out once we were all in the house and she seemed to be fine, besides being shaken up but she wasnâ€t bleeding. I knew I was attached to my dogs, but I didnâ€t know how much until I thought I was going to lose one of them. I was so afraid to let them outside alone after that. I was sort of thankful that I would be leaving on a two-week trip in two days and the dogs would be safe at the kennel while I am gone (itâ€s a doggy day care and they love it there). Well, the next day, I noticed that one of her eyes was bloodshot and swollen, where it is supposed to be white. So, I took her to the vet to get checked out. They said that the pressure on her neck caused the blood vessels in her eye to burst. They said it will heal fine and prescribed her some ointment and pain pills. I dropped them off at the kennel later that day. Then I left on my trip the next morning (which was yesterday). I have not been able to get those images out of my mind. My dogs are my babies. I donâ€t know how I will feel when I get back home as far as letting them outside alone. My FI says they will be fine and that dog is not coming back. But, I donâ€t know if that German Shepherd belonged to someone in the neighborhood or if it just wandered into the neighborhood. I canâ€t really fence in the backyard since I donâ€t own the house. Weâ€ll see how I feel in a couple of weeks. Sorry for the long post and I know itâ€s not wedding related, just had to vent a little bit. Most of my friends donâ€t understand my attachment to my dogs since they donâ€t have pets. Thanks for listening.