April 2010 Brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsweet7675 View Post
Thanks Tracy! I'm not a big shoe person either. I wear the same two pair of shoes all the time.

I am so missing the weather in Miami right now. It was 80 degrees F when I left Miami on Friday and 35 degrees F when I got off the plane in Atlanta on Friday. But, it is probably warmer here in Atlanta compared to where you are right?
LOL me tooo!!!

Oh how nice.. I would love to have that weather for just a day lol.. we are currently (Now I had to check this up on google) at -22 F about (roughly) with wind chill. I'll come to Atlanta right now just to warm up even for a day! lol
But we have been really lucky with the weather this winter.. I think the entire winter we've had 2-3 weeks of this kind of cold and not in a row. By friday it'll be plus 1 again!
I feel bad for people like Meghan and Suzy up in Alberta where it gets really cold and even more winder. Hope it hasn't been to bad for you guys wink.gif

So does your MOH and BM live in different states then you?! It sounded like an amazing week especially since your FI was able to take some time off and enjoy it with you.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We definitely did have a few weeks of NASTY cold weather but had some warm weather roll through a few weeks ago and since then it's been a pretty decent winter. Sadly though, I'd really like to have more snow than we've been getting. I enjoy my skiing and snowboarding and we haven't been out nearly enough yet!! I know it can be just as brutal where you are Tracy!!

Oh I'm curious for those of you trying to get labels to stick on your mugs... have you tried liquid cement glue? I was thinking that the old Elmer glue that comes in the brown glass bottle and smells NASTY might work well. I had the idea because I just bought a wonderful glue invention - it's in a Spray Can!! I've been using it on my current projects and as far as permanent adhesives goes, it seems to be doing the trick on my fabric, balsam wood (thin stuff) and ribbon. Might be worth a shot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
We definitely did have a few weeks of NASTY cold weather but had some warm weather roll through a few weeks ago and since then it's been a pretty decent winter. Sadly though, I'd really like to have more snow than we've been getting. I enjoy my skiing and snowboarding and we haven't been out nearly enough yet!! I know it can be just as brutal where you are Tracy!!

Oh I'm curious for those of you trying to get labels to stick on your mugs... have you tried liquid cement glue? I was thinking that the old Elmer glue that comes in the brown glass bottle and smells NASTY might work well. I had the idea because I just bought a wonderful glue invention - it's in a Spray Can!! I've been using it on my current projects and as far as permanent adhesives goes, it seems to be doing the trick on my fabric, balsam wood (thin stuff) and ribbon. Might be worth a shot!!

crazy girl you, wishing for more snow, but I can understand that especially for people like you guys who like to ski (I've never been skiing before, and I use to be a figure skater lol) but I've said I've broken my leg once, and once was good enough. Yes we definitely can get brutal winters.. I think we've all been pretty lucky this winter. Heck we deserve it! especially after the last 2 summers we've had here in mtl.. it's been cold and rainy

I like the glue idea, but what if they can't find water proof labels? I couldn't.. it's why I laminated mine, but like I was saying didn't turn out. so just printed it out and used the cover.
Unless of course no one minds whether or not their labels are water proof (I just figured it be better incase someone touches the labels with wet hands, the ink would run on the label,no?) or does the spay can thingy do the trick for water proofing as well?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
LOL me tooo!!!

Oh how nice.. I would love to have that weather for just a day lol.. we are currently (Now I had to check this up on google) at -22 F about (roughly) with wind chill. I'll come to Atlanta right now just to warm up even for a day! lol
But we have been really lucky with the weather this winter.. I think the entire winter we've had 2-3 weeks of this kind of cold and not in a row. By friday it'll be plus 1 again!
I feel bad for people like Meghan and Suzy up in Alberta where it gets really cold and even more winder. Hope it hasn't been to bad for you guys wink.gif

So does your MOH and BM live in different states then you?! It sounded like an amazing week especially since your FI was able to take some time off and enjoy it with you.
It's been colder than usual for us this winter. We are in the southern part of the US, so we really don't get any snow or anything. If we get a dusting of snow, the whole city shuts down because we don't have the equipment or supplies to deal wth the snow and ice. And the people here do not know how to drive in it. It is kind of funny to see that because I lived in Michigan for 6 years where we got lots of snow.

Yes, my MOH and BM live in the state of Florida and my FI and I live in the state of Georgia. We are at least a 12-hour drive from them. So, we don't get to see them too often.

Blah- don't even talk to me about cold, ladies, I don't want to hear it! Actually it's not too bad here right now- only -20C (which my online converter says is -4F) but the wind is crazy today, makes it feel much colder. I'm ready for Cuba now! Last year when we were in Punta Cana it was +30C and it was -30 here on the same day. It'll still be winter here in April when we go- crazy huh?

True Mel... you do have the longest cold season out of the group... but I know Calgary was as cold for a while there like two months ago or around that! It was when degrees celcius were the same as degrees fahrenheit!! Super yucky!

The last (and first) time I went to Mexico was also in April and while we were down there we heard from all our friends that it was snowing and cold and pretty awful so we were all dreading the return home more than usual. BUT, just our luck a chinook happened to blow through in less than a day before we came back so straight off the plane I was in jeans and a t-shirt... which isn't too bad to deal with at all! It's no bikini and +30 but for calgary it was great!

I'm not sure how many people believe in ground hog day but they seen him yesteday so only 6 more weeks of winter. Which means when when we all come back it should be a little warm.

I was in Cuba last dec. and it was pretty nice no snowing(back home), untill we came back and got hit by a snow storm that night sad.gif with no winter jacket lol.

But the weather was crap in Cuba for our first 4 days. I have a feeling DR will be much different and much warmer.

May I ask how you decided on which island you were goin to go for your wedding (all you girls) I've only ever been to Cuba never DR.

I've only ever been to DR, too, and we were going to go there originally. My parents suggested Cuba because they really like it, and then my TA sent me info for the resort we ended up going with in Cuba and I just fell in love with it. So hopefully it'll be a good choice! Honestly, though, Tracy- Punta Cana is gorgeous! Amazing beach- we loved it. I've been there and La Romana and Punta Cana was so much better- you won't be disappointed.

i'm so glad to hear that PC is nice! we picked the DR for a number of reasons... we started out knowing we didn't want to do anywhere in mexico. we originally looked at turks and caicos, but the resort there didn't really have the wedding packages we wanted. my travel agent suggested PC and my brother had been there before and loved it. when we chose the resort is was based on the flexibility of the wedding packages and how family-friendly it was.