Photo

Wii & Wii Fit owners, Wii Fit Plus Coming Soon!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:14 PM

I was reading the Metro paper today & saw an article titled "Wii Fit is a hot seller". It went on to say that Nintendo is introducing a new version of Wii Fit called Wii Fit Plus. It is supposed to be released this fall.

Here are some links that I found discussing it:

E3 2009: Nintendo launches new Wii Fit Plus exercise game - Telegraph

Wii Fit Plus Video Announcement

Wii Fit Plus video trailer

Nintendo :: E3 2009

Nintendo :: E3 2009 :: Wii Fit™ Plus

From what I've learned so far, there are new strength & balance games, including juggling, skateboarding & a math game that involves answering math questions with your hips!
    Also, you can now customize your workouts so that you develop a routine instead of doing one exercise at a time.

The good news is that while it will come as a new bundle (the balance board & the disc) for people that do not already have a Wii Fit, they will also sell just the software/disc for current Wii Fit owners. I just hope its not going to be too expensive-as if I need another Wii game to buy.

#2 K'osh

K'osh
    • 269 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:42 PM

The Wii just came out with EA Active as well...pretty cool. You should check it out.
      http://tickers.Ticke....9e4d/event.png

36 people + Bride & Groom are coming to Cuba!!!

#3 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by K'osh
        The Wii just came out with EA Active as well...pretty cool. You should check it out.
        Yeah, I just ordered mine on Ebay! LOL...I think it arrives next week so that should be fun!
        Here's the link for that in case anyone want's more info:
        Yay - thanks for sharing! I love the Wii Fit but wish it had more to offer, so this is perfect!
        Yeah, I feel the same way. I kept wishing that they had a way to link the exercises like in yoga, so that I could do a few of them in 1 sequence instead of going back & forth to the main screen. But I do love all of the games, especially the balance games...such fun! Still have a few more to unlock!

#4 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
        • 475 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
          Yeah, I feel the same way. I kept wishing that they had a way to link the exercises like in yoga, so that I could do a few of them in 1 sequence instead of going back & forth to the main screen.

I could not agree more. Of the features you metioned on the new plus version - being able to develop a routine would be great.
          Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#5 GregsBride

GregsBride
          • 333 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:41 PM

My FI bought me Wii Fit for Christmas, but I have been so busy with school that I haven't had a chance to even open the box... I feel so ashamed, but you ladies just motivated me to get a move on!!!
            ~Christina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users