Corner Punches - Help!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:26 AM

Hi Crystal,

If you head to Michaels, there should be a few options there. You bought a special punch for photo matting (the corners of your photos are supposed to fit in those "silly lines). What I think you're looking for is a simple round corner punch. Ask one of the associates at Michael's to give you a hand- they should know exactly what you're talking about. :) Best of luck to you!

#22 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
    • 406 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:34 AM

Thanks!!

But I think I found one that'll work at Walmart on the weekend!
      I actually took it out of the package right in the store LOL I know I shouldn't of done that, but I don't need 10 different punches that don't work lol
      But this looks like I found what I am looking for, and it was $5

Click the image to open in full size.

It Rounded the corner of my test piece of paper! lol

#23 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
      • 406 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:44 PM

Okay so I have another question for those of you that have done Boarding Pass STDs/Invites.
        I got the Corner Punch down pat now (Printed out some test pages). Works great!
        But how did you cut out the other parts? The straight edges were a breeze, but what about the little indents? (Like curved triangles...u know what I'm talking about right? lol) I cant' seem to get that looking very good. Any tips would be great. Thanks!

#24 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
        • 734 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Crystalballl
          Okay so I have another question for those of you that have done Boarding Pass STDs/Invites.
          I got the Corner Punch down pat now (Printed out some test pages). Works great!
          But how did you cut out the other parts? The straight edges were a breeze, but what about the little indents? (Like curved triangles...u know what I'm talking about right? lol) I cant' seem to get that looking very good. Any tips would be great. Thanks!
          I have the exact same questions as you do :). I read on a thread somewhere that they cut those triangle pieces (indents) with an exacto knife. I haven't tried it yet, but its a suggestion.
          http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
          http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#25 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
          • 406 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:00 PM

Oh boy then I'm in trouble LOL
            I used an exacto, but they didn't turn out so well LOL
            Guess it takes some practise hehehe

#26 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
            • 406 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:39 AM

No tips for making the Cuts look professional?

#27 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
              • 949 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

hey crystal, didn't see your question till now!

i actually used nail clippers to make those little cuts. it took me FOREVER and i too tried to use an exacto knife but it ended up just ripping through the paper and it looked gross! i also saw in one thread that a girl used those cuticle clippers, but since i don't have those i used the regular clippers and they worked great! i hope that helps!

#28 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
                • 949 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

i don't know why my reply isn't showing up on the thread list for the DIY forum so i thought i'd post again so you guys know there was a response!

#29 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
                  • 406 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

Wow!! Thanks so much Erin!! I would've NEVER thought of that. I don't have cuticle ones either, but have lots of Nail clippers. I shall give that a shot.
                    Thanks again!!

#30 KJT1985

KJT1985
                    • 694 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:48 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Crystalballl
                      Okay So here is my Punch I bought:

And this is how it punches, it makes the corner round but also punches these two silly lines! (just testing on a piece of paper I printed):
                      Ahaha. I accidentally bought that punch (not understanding the picture) and then freaked out when it had lines it in. I ended up using one from Hobby Lobby I think. They only had two sizes, small and large. I bought the small bit think the large would have worked better. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users