What? ROR minister/judge not included? free package (w upgrades) questions

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 jawedding

jawedding
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:41 PM

Hi!

I have scanned the first 26 pages of the jamaica forum, and also did a search for this.. with no luck, so I'm hoping you can help me!

I am getting married at the ROR in Jan 2010. We chose the free package, thinking that we'd get upgrades. We have confirmed a poolside reception etc.. and are planning to upgrade our flowers, cake etc.

SO I was looking through the free package info on the RIU site and I saw that it says that the minister/judge service is NOT included! I'm so confused? So how much does it cost to get the judge/minister? And how do you book it? When I emailed Chandlyn about booking the poolside reception, she got back to me and only attached the BBQ list and a short list of possible upgrades.. but nothing about paying for a minister.. can somebody help me out with this?

Also, I don't really see the point of even paying the $350 for the free package, if it doesn't include a minister, we're going to have to pay to upgrade flowers (I'm guessing we'll have to pay the full price of the new flowers), same goes for cake, and we're NOT having a semi private dinner at a specialty restaurant..

can somebody enlighten me a little bit pleasse :)
    33 People Booked!!

#2 jawedding

jawedding
    • 197 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

ohhh my goodness.. i am so clueless! I just realized that FREE means totally free, and if you pay the $350, you GET the minister.. is this right?

Sorry ladies! I think I'm having one of those days! (and not sure how to delete posts.. hmmm)
      33 People Booked!!

#3 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:22 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jawedding
        ohhh my goodness.. i am so clueless! I just realized that FREE means totally free, and if you pay the $350, you GET the minister.. is this right?

Sorry ladies! I think I'm having one of those days! (and not sure how to delete posts.. hmmm)
        Yes, thats right. The $350 for the free package includes the minister/legal fee's for the ceremony!

#4 ajlbuaxo

ajlbuaxo
        • 175 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:39 PM

Question jawedding,we are planning a June 21, 2010 at ROR but since we are going to have 60 people if not more so we thought we had to do the Caprice package. We would like to do the free and just upgrade what we want, but I don't think that is possible since it says it is only for 20 people, how are you doing that with 30, did they say anything or are you going to have to increase? Just wondering cause a lot of the things the Caprice has we don't need and would have to upgrade anyways and I would rather not have to pay the extra money if you know what I mean

#5 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
          • 456 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

I have over 30 people coming and I plan to use the free package. I have read several other reviews that people had over 30 guests and still got the free package. I don't think it should be an issue.

#6 Geralyn

Geralyn
            • 2,677 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:44 PM

I am having 39 people and we are doing the free package at RMB

#7 Preciousmi811

Preciousmi811
              • 342 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:19 AM

Oh good I should be having over 30 as well and am planning on the free wedding.
                One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

#8 ajlbuaxo

ajlbuaxo
                • 175 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

I spoke with my TA and he got in touch with someone at ROR and they said if you have over the 20 people for the free package you can still do it, you just have to pay for the extra cake and champagne toast for the excess over 20 people. So that was good to hear! (this is for the 2010 free package, the 2009 package has unlimited guest) Hope this helps

#9 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:17 PM

did you notice that the 2010 rates for free states that you have to have 10 rooms booked, it use to be only 5 rooms! For me that could be a problem since I am having a very small wedding
                    July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#10 ajlbuaxo

ajlbuaxo
                    • 175 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

Yes they changed a lot of things going from 2009 to 2010...it really stinks that they did that but what do you do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users