Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Dreams is scheduled to open a new resort, Dreams Riviera Cancun, fall 2009. I am currently booked at Dreams Tulum for my wedding 5/15/10 but I found this out right before finalizing my STDs. There is not too much information out yet about the new resort only a few photos but from what I've seen it looks amazing. I think I may be going crazy but I am having second thoughs about Dreams Tulum. Has anyone gone through this yet?

While I know that no bride can ever please all of there guests I want to make sure I pick the right resort especially since my guests are going to have to pay so much money.

This new resort is only 30 minutes from the airport and not far from Playa del Carmen. Dreams Tulum is almost 2 hours and is only close to the Tulum Ruins.

Am I crazy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being from the same chain, they may be able to upgrade you and/or offer you some sort of deal. Best of luck! Keep us posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only problem with your dilemna is that Dreams RC is not accepting reservations yet, so you'd have to hold off on sending out information until you could confirm a date which may not be until the end of the summer or into the fall, depending on when they are ready to open. So there's no guarantee that you'll be able to get the same date and if the opening gets delayed, you could be waiting a long time to finalize your plans.

 

sorry, don't want to rain on your parade, but just want you to have all of the information before you make a change of plans. Good luck :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jill View Post
The only problem with your dilemna is that Dreams RC is not accepting reservations yet, so you'd have to hold off on sending out information until you could confirm a date which may not be until the end of the summer or into the fall, depending on when they are ready to open. So there's no guarantee that you'll be able to get the same date and if the opening gets delayed, you could be waiting a long time to finalize your plans.

sorry, don't want to rain on your parade, but just want you to have all of the information before you make a change of plans. Good luck :)
Thanks....my travel agent emailed me today and said Dreams expects these rates to come out any day now. You definately have a valid point and honeslty I didn't even think of a delay in them opening the resort. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We too are considering this resort due to the fact its' location is great. Our TA also warned us that although the resort may open on time, you have to consider that perhaps not all the amenities will be completed and there could be on-going construction. If you are on Facebook, there is a Dreams Riviera Cancun group you can join and get updated information. Not sure how reliable the info is but it does look very much like the official website. Dreams Tulum was one of our picks but because it is so far away we decided to do more research. Either way, I am sure it will all work out for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke to the regional director of sales last week and they are on track to open October 2009 and are now accepting reservations.

 

I did ask if the hotel would be fully operational at that time and he said that the construction would be done and there would not be construction crews all over the place, but that some of the buildings may not be fully operational at that time.

 

Obviously, they want to increase their business as quickly as possible, so they're going to be working quickly to get everything up and running, so I wouldn't foresee their being a problem with a 2010 wedding.

 

They do have the pricing now and as I mentioned are accepting reservations. Very exciting, I can't wait to go check out the new resort!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jill View Post
I spoke to the regional director of sales last week and they are on track to open October 2009 and are now accepting reservations.

I did ask if the hotel would be fully operational at that time and he said that the construction would be done and there would not be construction crews all over the place, but that some of the buildings may not be fully operational at that time.

Obviously, they want to increase their business as quickly as possible, so they're going to be working quickly to get everything up and running, so I wouldn't foresee their being a problem with a 2010 wedding.

They do have the pricing now and as I mentioned are accepting reservations. Very exciting, I can't wait to go check out the new resort!

Thanks TA Jill. I am leaning more towards this resort based on the info you received. I love the location of the resort but one thing my FI keeps asking me is about the WC. Will they use someone brand new to the position or someone experienced. Would you by chance know? Based on another post (I think it was your post) reviewing a number of resorts, it takes approximately 3 months to work out the kinks? We would have at least 7 months so figure that would give us a good buffer.

This whole booking a resort is a tough decision, but we think we are close. Oh, one more questions TA Jill - have you ever heard of the Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort (Puerto Moreles)? If you have, any comments on it?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBlondie View Post
Thanks TA Jill. I am leaning more towards this resort based on the info you received. I love the location of the resort but one thing my FI keeps asking me is about the WC. Will they use someone brand new to the position or someone experienced. Would you by chance know? Based on another post (I think it was your post) reviewing a number of resorts, it takes approximately 3 months to work out the kinks? We would have at least 7 months so figure that would give us a good buffer.

This whole booking a resort is a tough decision, but we think we are close. Oh, one more questions TA Jill - have you ever heard of the Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort (Puerto Moreles)? If you have, any comments on it?

Thanks!
as of right now, one of the weddings I'm working on at DRC, I'm working with the wedding coordinator from Dreams Cancun.

I have looked at Hotel Marina El Cid, and it looks very nice online, but I don't really have any first hand knowledge of this resort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just put a similar post on another Dreams Riviera Cancun thread...wondering, does anyone know how to merge the DRC threads together? I think there are three in here and I cannot keep track on which one I have posted comments too.

 

TA Jill - Do you have the name of the person you are working with at DC? How long should I wait before emailing again? You may also know this answer, do they charge a fee for using outside vendors? I am thinking specifically about the photographer. I have seen other photo's from Dreams Tulum and they look fantastic, but have not figured out if those are from the photographer in the wedding package?

 

:-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • My wedding date is set for the next month but not found any wedding planner finally got one wedding planner. its very very help for my wedding arrangement thank you indian wedding company
    • What color is your wedding? You can go with warm autumn-inspired colors such as burnt oranges, dark reds, burgundy, bright yellows, like fall foliage   https://printsbery.com/invitations/wedding/burgundy   What planning have you guys done?  
    • We booked our wedding for April 2021 but the venue let us know at this time they are still implementing Covid measures so we should not have more than 50 guests, etc. We also made sure the contract had an "out" clause that would let us get a refund should the pandemic blow up again, or have the ability to reschedule without penalty.
    • I am having my wedding scheduled in November 2020. I am too much worried about how all the things will be managed in this pandemic situation. About everything like the guest list, preparations, my attire and all. The only thing I am relaxed is about finances. In Feb only me and my fiancé applied for the wedding loans. We have applied early because both of us are having bad credit we had a doubt that it will be approved or not. But our wedding loans with bad credit were timely approved and we have planned accordingly but now this pandemic has spoiled all our preparations. We are trying to be positive and trying to celebrate our new beginnings.
    • Welcome. I am a past Dreams Los Cabos bride. Please let us know if we can assist in any way. We have some great promotions (bride and groom fly free, comped rooms and upgrades).    info@wrighttravelagency.com
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...