Photo

leg waxing

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 ashey063009

ashey063009
  • 604 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:34 PM

Ugh, heading in for my 4 1/2 hours of head-to-toe waxing and primping next Friday. A little bit worried about the legs-- I've only done it once before, and as a regular "Brazillian waxer" I definitely thought it was WAAAY worse.

The shins-- they hurt so bad. However, it is worth it. My advice: pop two advil 20 mins before you go. It'll help ease the of it.

#12 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
    • 2,287 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:36 PM

Really? I didn't think that it hurt very much at all! Obviously we have different pain thresholds! lol Maybe a brazillian won't be so bad if you think shins are worse!

#13 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
      • 387 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ashey063009

The shins-- they hurt so bad. However, it is worth it. My advice: pop two advil 20 mins before you go. It'll help ease the of it.
        Only 2 ibuprofen?!? I used to take 4 ibuprofen (800mg total) before I waxed! LOL! The shins were the worst! But not having cactus for legs was worth every bit of pain

I don't wax anymore since I decided to get laser hair removal. It was BY FAR some of the best money I've ever spent. I only have to "touch up" shave every 10 days or so, and the hair I do get is very fine and not very dark. I started with super coarse black hair, so I'm thrilled! Lasering hurt about twice as bad as waxing IMO, so I went in to my appointments with a nice thick layer of Lidocaine cream on and numb skin, which made it a piece of cake! The things we women do to ourselves in the name of beauty...
        Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#14 potted1

potted1
        • 62 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:20 PM

I shave my legs but get brazilians done regularly. I will say that I only get sugar waxing done bc it is less painfull. The first time always hurts but after that not bad. I usually do my own brazilians now with a sugar wax called Moom from drugstore.com. I would definitely get one done professionally first (any waxing) before you do it yourself just so you can see how to pull and which direction. Hope that helps

#15 ashey063009

ashey063009
          • 604 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:39 AM

JEALOUS! Lasering is definitely something I'm considering. I actually have agood friend who is a laser tech at an esthetic/ plastic surgery place who said she could give me a great deal. I think I might just have to take her up on the offer-- I'm NOT a huge fan of waxing every six weeks.

P.S. I'm totally taking 4 next time! Thanks

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mrsrhbtobe

I don't wax anymore since I decided to get laser hair removal. It was BY FAR some of the best money I've ever spent. I only have to "touch up" shave every 10 days or so, and the hair I do get is very fine and not very dark. I started with super coarse black hair, so I'm thrilled!

#16 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
            • 2,287 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:17 AM

**Just an update**

It has now been 1 week since I've had my legs waxed and there is no regrowth yet! WOO HOO!!!!

#17 ashey063009

ashey063009
              • 604 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

How long are you alowing hair growth prior to your app't? I usually go about 1 1/2 weeks to make sure it's long enough-- is this too long? I HATE having stubbly legs for that long, but I always thought it was a must.

#18 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                • 2,287 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

I think that's about how long I waited, even maybe 2 weeks because I was lazy! lol She told me that it was just right. I guess it depends on how fast your hair grows too!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ashey063009
                  How long are you alowing hair growth prior to your app't? I usually go about 1 1/2 weeks to make sure it's long enough-- is this too long? I HATE having stubbly legs for that long, but I always thought it was a must.

#19 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                  • 2,287 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:41 AM

** Update **

It has now just been over 2 weeks and the hair is starting to come in slowly. I am very happy with my trial as I'm heading to Jamaica for 2 weeks, I probably won't have to worry about shaving until the very end of my 2nd week, if that! WOOOO HOOO!!!! lol

#20 *Karla*

*Karla*
                    • 4,854 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:26 AM

Two weeks, wow! How long has the wax lasted for some of you other ladies? I am regular bikini waxer, but I have never done my legs. What is the pain compared to a regular bikini or brazilian wax?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users