Photo

Royal/Gran Porto PDC LOONG review!! W/ Pics!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

At first, we were going with a July wedding but changed our mind due to weather and it being mosquito season.

We decided on a May 29th, 2010 at either Gran/Royal.

We want a beach wedding so do you think the beach is better at Gran than Royal? We are planning to stay at Gran then upgrade to Royal for our honeymoon.

#32 Kriswim

Kriswim
    • 186 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

The beach is better at the Royal overall, BUT for a reception I would recommend the Gran b/c is wider and less windy. The royal's beach is kinda crowded with all the beach chairs. At the Gran they can move the chairs more easily - the ones at the Royal are larger and have a wooden canopy. May was a great month - the wind kept the temp. down - not sure what its like later in the month, but I still think that's a great time of year.
      **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

http://i300.photobuc....Wedding352.jpg
      My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

#33 loanmao

loanmao
      • 87 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:55 PM

Lady Di....mosquitoes at the Playa are HORRIBLE!!! They don't just come out at dusk...they're flying around all day long! I just got back from a site visit...we were there for 2 nights and I got 13 bites!!! Granted...I am the person who always gets bit in a crowd of people, but I was ready to leave just because of the mosquitoes! The one I got in between the eyes was the last straw...haha..

#34 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
        • 5,078 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:16 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by loanmao
          Lady Di....mosquitoes at the Playa are HORRIBLE!!! They don't just come out at dusk...they're flying around all day long! I just got back from a site visit...we were there for 2 nights and I got 13 bites!!! Granted...I am the person who always gets bit in a crowd of people, but I was ready to leave just because of the mosquitoes! The one I got in between the eyes was the last straw...haha..
          Oh that is why I want to have my wedding in May to avoid that. I am allergic to mosquito bites and I get ugly ugly bites. No thanks!

#35 soon2BMrs.Prince

soon2BMrs.Prince
          • 212 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

Thank you so much for posting your review. Royal/Gran is one of my top picks and my TA mention the split option to me just this evening. It makes more sense to me now that I have read your thread and really helps make a decision.

P.S. Congrats!

#36 soon2BMrs.Prince

soon2BMrs.Prince
            • 212 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:29 PM

When is mosquito season? Is it in June?

#37 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
              • 1,448 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:25 AM

Sounds like you had a great time and your photos are just beautiful! Congratulations!

#38 diana&steve0304

diana&steve0304
                • 40 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

Hi Kriswim!

Great review! I'm very happy that it all went off without a hitch.

Cheers!

#39 blckrevpower

blckrevpower
                  • 572 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

everything looks great! thanks for sharing!
                    "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#40 vlynnw

vlynnw
                    • 6,003 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:50 PM

Thank you for this review!! I'm considering the Gran and haven't been able to find much info on it.
                      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users