Love Notes/Emails from your Man - Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

• 1,792 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:39 AM

So, I had this idea for a thread after I randomly got an email from my FI. I'd been telling him about an issue a friend was having. A few days later I got this out of no where:

Hey babe...

I just have been thinking about *name removed* and *name removed*'s issue and I can't help but think that I'm so lucky to have you. We communicate pretty well and don't have any issues that are even remotely close to their's. It's great and such a great feeling to have someone, not only who I'm in love with, but is truly my best friend and who I get along with so well. Also, one of the many reasons why I love you... you're so caring and I love you for caring so much about your friends. I highly doubt any other friend of her's would go as far as you have and are going with helping her in her time of need.

Love you,

it got me thinking....Anyone else want to show off emails or notes your FI/DH sends/gives you randomly? Or even just a cute story about something nice he did for you??

#2 ~*DiAnE*~

• 1,418 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:07 AM

I like this thread :)

I have many emails but I will just share a story. My FI and I met on July 1, 2004 (His 20th birthday) at a bar... anyways he asked for my email address and asked to meet him at the same bar the next night.. we hit it off really well... but the bad thing was I was heading to San Fran for 4 months of school starting in August... I was coming back to Canada though in September for my brother's Wedding, which he was coming with me to. While we were apart for that month (Aug to Sept) he drove to my home town (about 2 hours away from where he lived) and found a nice big tree in the park and carved a heart with our names in it.. :) When I saw this... I was just bawling.. it was amazing (I will try to find pics!!) anyways so when I got home in Sept. he came back to San Fran with me and stayed there until I went home (he couldnt *legally* work in the US but he ended up working for one of my roommates Dad's for cash).. when we got back we moved in together and the rest is history :)

#3 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:23 AM

My DH is not what I'd consider a generally *romantic* or lovey-dovey type guy but he has his moments.... :-)

I'm at work right now and looking at a post-it note that I saved from him.

One morning he had a meeting in a building not too far from my job and decided to bring me some breakfast and leave it at my desk with the little post-it note that says "A little something to start your day. Love, DH"

Everybody who was at work before me saw him bring it in and couldn't stop talking about it. lol

He knows that I'm a total morning procrastinator and I rarely have time to eat breakfast so it was a special treat.... it was just so cute that he was thinking of me!

#4 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:15 PM

AWW this is cute - I like these

#5 CrystalM

• 829 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

We went out to eat at Macaroni Grill and were doodling :)
            I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#6 ~*DiAnE*~

• 1,418 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by CrystalM
              Click the image to open in full size.

We went out to eat at Macaroni Grill and were doodling :)

Awww.. that's sooo cute :)

#7 CrystalM

• 829 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dreamy101
                Awww.. that's sooo cute :)

Yeah, he's mushy. I have it posted on the fridge.
                I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#8 yamille

• 1,460 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:09 PM

My man is amazing with words and a gifted writer. I have many poems, post its and emails from him that all make me sigh.. I have chosen however to share the poem that he read to me during our wedding reception. (sigh..)

October 2nd 2005
                  Was the day that I discovered
                  Another side of myself

Yamille, sitting in a booth
                  At Caf© Bar in Astoria

Her voice was perfect
                  Her smile – after I tripped on the wooden platform that I did not see
                  Was perfect

She hugged me
                  And we met
                  That first time
                  When I learned at age 30 that there is another side of me

Love, to me, was but echoes and disappointment
                  Love was fear that “forever” would be a decision to settle for something, someone
                  Not the granting of a wish, a fantastic rebirth of the spirit
                  But some logical, cold choice to be made at some point on the trajectory of my life

Yamille taught me that there is something else
                  Something that I had not considered in myself

She fit in every way
                  From our first embrace
                  And every embrace after
                  She awakened something in me
                  That had never seen the light of day

Inside me all those years, waiting
                  For October 2nd 2005
                  Waiting for Yamille to be sitting in that booth, on that day, at that hour
                  Knowing that she is the answer
                  To questions upon questions upon questions

Her gorgeous, dark hair described love
                  That Love cannot be bought or sold
                  Her soft brown eyes melted the cold, overcast climate that had settled upon me
                  Sweetly silenced the past that loved to replay all of the failures
                  Her voice and her lips answered everything
                  Because Love, Yamille showed me
                  Begins and ends
                  With Yamille

My Love awakened from its resting place on October 2nd 2005
                  When Yamille and I walked from the Caf© Bar in Astoria
                  And I watched her walk
                  And she looked back at me
                  And the smile inside me that began
                  When I first heard her voice on the phone
                  Rose up through my soul and my heart
                  And reached my eyes that saw her next to me
                  Love, was next to me
                  Was next to me.

#9 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:15 PM

Oh my gosh! Reading these make me want to cry! All of the letters/post it notes/poems are too sweet

#10 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:29 PM

Great thread -
                      Yamille - I just got tears in my eyes from reading that.

FI doesn't really write stuff to me, but he will send me random texts telling me how much he loves me. The most romantic thing he has done has called me into his office/music room and started playing and singing a love song to me...(If You don't Love Me I'll Kill Myself by Pete Droge)...I burst into tears so hard that he stopped playing because he thought something was wrong.

Having someone sing to you is the most amazing thing ever....he didn't mean it in a dramatic way...he just likes the song.

If you don't know the song, listen to it.

YouTube - Pete Droge - If You Don't Love Me (I'll Kill Myself)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users