Sign in to follow this  
soulmates

Need Help Finding Lipstick

Okay, I just got off the phone with this girl who my mom found that had this red (not bright red) lipstick that I absolutely love. Well guess what, they no longer make it. And she doesn't have any left.

Anybody know of a nice red lipstick?

Depending on what shade you prefer, there are a few that are my favorites. Clinique has an angel red that's gorgeous and starts of sheer but you can kinda add to it to make it a bit stronger. Another Clinique red is Brick Red which is pretty nice. But my favorite red lipstick of the last year or so (I put it on when I need that oomph once in a blue moon) is a Bobbi Brown red in Burnt Red. It's such a deep and elegant shade of red and very long lasting at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lryates76 View Post
I look like I should be walking the streets when I wear red lipstick...so I'm no help =)

Ditto.

Hope you find one!

My advice (as always, because I'm an addict!) is "go to Sephora!" Ask the salesperson to help you - they're really great about that, giving suggestions etc. And you can try lots of stuff on before you make a decision.

Otherwise, I might try Nordstrom, Neiman's or something like that. . .park yourself at the cosmetics counter and don't leave until they find you something that you like. Even wear it around for a while (grab a drink or shop or something) before you decide to purchase it. make sure you're happy in it. Sometimes I'll change my mind after a while and decide that it's not "me".

Does she not even have a sliver of it left inside the case? If she does, then you can get it custom matched. If not, you could try getting in touch with the company that makes it to see what they suggest is comparable. You might also try at the outlet malls in the cosmetic stores. Finding the right red is so hard, good luck!

-V-