Who likes to fly!!??

~*DiAnE*~

I love to travel and like Yaelm the older I get the scarier it seems to me!I travel alot to Colombia and since there are so many mountains you feel the turbulance even more! I also try to book either the earliest or latest flight in/out so I can try to sleep on the plane. My FI laughs at me b/c he travels alot for work so to him its nothing.

I HATE HATE HATE to fly! But like most I love to travel. One of my biggest fear is dying by plane. I am deathly afraid of heights though which has alot to do with it. I never feel comfortable flying. I hate being in such a small space and I hate ANY movement whatsoever even if its the slightest bit of turbulence. I always end up praying. LOL I have it bad. My FI loves to fly but he's one of those people who fall asleep instantly and that's just not me. I always make sure I go to the bathroom right before I board so I don't have to leave my seat unless its to deboard. My FI calls me a scaredy cat which is fine with me! I don't think I'll ever get used to flying no matter how often I do it

The only thing I love about flights is Take Off and Landing.

I had a bad experience with Hawaiian Airlines between Sydney and Honolulu we were about 8 hrs into the flight and the plane dropped a few thousand feet with no warning... scariest thing ever... NO JOKE everyone on the plane screamed!

We thought we were going to die! and maybe 5 minutes after the 1st fall it happened again and feel deeper. The thing that annoyed me is that the captain didnt come over the radio to assure everyone its just a bit of turbulance! Not one word... definatley dont want to relive that experience again.

Where as previous times crossing the pacific we have had no turbulance at all!!

LOVE to travel, but had the long flying times and waiting around in airports!!

Christie you probably hit a jet stream for that to happen, although I've heard LOts of complaints about hawaiian and their customer service.

turbulence happens when you are rising above the lowest part of the troposphere during the day cause the sun causes a mixing of air in that area, once you get above that layer its much smoother. Also if they have to fly through a thunderstorm, you get really jolty not dropping. But Jet streams are where you drop and come back up, its just an area where the wind speeds are changing rapidly. Unfortunately pilots and FO's don't think much of it sometimes cause their used to it, so they sometimes forget to inform fliers.

If flying is something you're really worried about, do research on what happens when a plane takes off, during flight, so when something happens you can recognize what is happening.

Christie you probably hit a jet stream for that to happen, although I've heard LOts of complaints about hawaiian and their customer service.

turbulence happens when you are rising above the lowest part of the troposphere during the day cause the sun causes a mixing of air in that area, once you get above that layer its much smoother. Also if they have to fly through a thunderstorm, you get really jolty not dropping. But Jet streams are where you drop and come back up, its just an area where the wind speeds are changing rapidly. Unfortunately pilots and FO's don't think much of it sometimes cause their used to it, so they sometimes forget to inform fliers.

If flying is something you're really worried about, do research on what happens when a plane takes off, during flight, so when something happens you can recognize what is happening.

I flew for the first time in 2007 when I was 28 years old when I went to Mexico with my brother and parents. My mom freaks out weeks before flying because she's scared but my dad loves it and travels all the time. I didn't know how I was going to handle it. I told myself not to be scared unless there was something to be scared about! lol Anyway, I ended up LOVING flying!! My bro and I (his first time flying also) were so excited to be in the air, to see the mountains, oceans, boats, waves, etc, I'm sure the other passengers were annoyed with us. lol We did have a little bit of turbulence but I didn't worry about it. I flew to Jamaica in 2008 and still LOVED the feeling! I can't wait to go to Jamaica in January. My FI and his family have never flown, so I'm very excited to see if they like it or not.

What's the worse that will happen anyway? So the plane crashes in the ocean and you die...you won't even know that you're dead! lol (sorry, had to add that in there cause I think it's funny!)

The actual flying part doesn't bother me.

The lines to check baggage, dealing with TSA, crying children, worrying about your bags making it where they need to, ending up squished next to a stranger, the 'it's not my problem' attitude of most the employees, dealing with parking and navigating airports in a car...that mess I could do with out.