Bermuda Brides

I am getting married in Bermuda in October 2010 and am looking for any other Bermuda brides, past or present, with any info about planning, resources, places to get married, vendors etc. Is everyone using a coordinator? I don't want to but it seems very hard to plan something there without one. Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Moniquesmile29.gif

I'm getting married this October there. I'm using Phyllis Soares and she has been incredible so far. I know another bride on here was using someone else (whose name I will not mention,) and that person screwed her over without her even knowing about it. Phyllis just so happened to be at the location by chance on the day of her wedding, and realized that there wasn't a coordinator there, so she jumped in and did everything right then and there. I couldn't even believe the story when she told me. If you are interested in talking with her, her site is awesomeeventsbermuda.com. She is arranging an amazing ceremony and cocktail party on a beach for me instead of using a resort, and budget wise she has been my saving grace. Those resorts charge an arm and a leg for so little. Good luck with the planning!

Congrats to another Bermuda Bride!

I was married in 2007, but we went through a cruiseline's wedding department to save money. It saved some money, but I wouldn't reccommend it. The people are really nice, but tend to "misplace" information on a regular basis. You really have to check up on them to make sure things are going smoothly. You also don't get to spend nearly enough time on the island using a cruise (although I LOVE cruising), especially since one day is dedicated to the wedding. That said, I loved my wedding and wish every day that I could do it over and over...what can I say, I'm a sucker for weddings.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I lived on the island for five years when I was growing up, and have a rather good feel for the lay of the place.

All the best in your planning!!!

Thanks so much for the replies.

So I was wondering if you experienced ladies feel a WC is a must for Bermuda. My mom is a caterer in upstate NY so we have done many weddings ourselves but I was panicking for a minute the other day about all the long distance planning. So I emailed some WC's and got some quotes and they seem quite high. Apparently when I became an accountant I went into the wrong fieldsmile120.gif.

We will be having a dinner reception on the ship and we are bringing our own photographer and flowers so there won't be a ton of planning to do. We do want some lite refreshments at the ceremony site while we take pictures but the lowest I was quoted was $1000 plus any vendor costs.

Just seems high to me! We are trying to keep costs down because we are helping some family members with the cruise costs.

Thanks for listening ladies and for all the great help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazycat6454 View Post
Thanks so much for the replies.

So I was wondering if you experienced ladies feel a WC is a must for Bermuda. My mom is a caterer in upstate NY so we have done many weddings ourselves but I was panicking for a minute the other day about all the long distance planning. So I emailed some WC's and got some quotes and they seem quite high. Apparently when I became an accountant I went into the wrong fieldsmile120.gif.

We will be having a dinner reception on the ship and we are bringing our own photographer and flowers so there won't be a ton of planning to do. We do want some lite refreshments at the ceremony site while we take pictures but the lowest I was quoted was $1000 plus any vendor costs.

Just seems high to me! We are trying to keep costs down because we are helping some family members with the cruise costs.

Thanks for listening ladies and for all the great help!
It's probably not necessary, but it does make things a lot easier from your end. The WC will make sure all the proper paperwork gets done and will have a better knowledge of island vendors and what they have to offer. But if you really don't have a problem doing all the footwork by phone and email, then it shouldn't be too difficult. Take a look at this site here Bermuda Weddings, Vacations, Meetings, Guide, History & Culture | Bermudatourism.com - Feel the Love for the legal requirements and links to vendors.

You mentioned bringing your own photographer...bear in mind Bermuda has strict rules about outside vendors, so if it's not just a friend taking pictures for you, find a way to make sure he/she appears to be. I don't want you to get into trouble.

Hope this helps a bit! Happy planning!

• 1 month later...

I just got back from wedding at Coco Reef Resort in Bermuda. They have a wedding coordinator there named Jude. She was amazing. I was using another WC, Phyllis Soares of Awesome Events and she completely screwed me over. Please don't go with her. Phyllis was supposed to coordinate all my vendors and handle the decor. I hadn't heard from her for about a week before I was leaving (she didn't return emails or phone calls). So decided to call the vendors she told me she booked and nothing was taken care of. So two days before I was leaving for my wedding I had to coordinate everything myself with the help of Jude from the hotel. It was awful. The bride who is booked with her already beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermuda Bride to Be View Post
Congrats! I'm getting married in Bermuda too. :-) I'm working with TA Linda Mitchell from Bermuda Travel and the Fairmont Southampton Princess has a wedding coordinator that I'll be working with
How is the planning going w/ your coordinator? We are researching planners right now.