• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 MarieSam

MarieSam
  • VIP Member
  • 2,336 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:16 AM

So over the weekend my daughter, mom and I had our final hair/makeup trial with the stylist we are bringing with us to MX -- Karis Staley in So Cali. It was so much fun and she is such a sweetheart!! After much contemplation, we decided to not chance going with someone in Mexico (because I've had such bad experiences with stylist) and just bring our own if the price was comparable. So I sent tons of emails to people I found everywhere and gauged their proposals/prices. I found Karis on Project Wedding and she was kind and willing to negotiate throughout and offered us a deal we couldn't' refuse plus our free trial session after we booked her! Her prices were by far the most reasonable of the 12+ stylist I contacted.

She's amazing with both hair and makeup and can pretty much replicate anything you show her and knows exactly how to make things look...better She even went out and bought tons of new Laura Mercier foundation sticks and powders, mattifiers and the skindanavia spray stuff for our group because I told her I was worried about oil shine/sweat. She will be doing my monster wedding party 10+ and is so excited!! I highly recommend her to any local So Cal brides who need a stylist or trial or anyone considering bringing their own stylist. Her prices can't be beat!!! She can be contacted at Click the image to open in full size.
    Click the image to open in full size.

Next my lovely mommie! Her hairstyle will be different on the wedding day but her makeup similar. (She'd kill me if I put her before/after, lol)

Lastly me -- and yes I'm gonna go sans makeup and scare all of you (mind you Tommy and I were up till 5 doing wedding stuff and I got 3 hours of sleep so yes I look busted)! But I do this, cuz well, I'm fine being uggo without makeup, lol, and this is the best way to prove what an amazing job she did and how she completely turned my look around. FYI I know lots of beach brides want a natural makeup look, but I opted for something different than my usual -- a more dramatic and heavier so she used laura mercier oil free foundation stick, mercier translucent powder, mac eye shadows/liner, mascara and lipstick (cant remember the brand) and I will have better lashes on day of wedding.

#2 MarieSam

MarieSam
    • VIP Member
    • 2,336 posts
      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:16 AM

My hair for the ceremony will be up with loose curls, hair flower and veil:

Then it's coming partially down for the reception, with flower an no veil.

Me and my girls Three generations!!!

Lastly, we tested out the Skindanavia bridal spray to see if it would preserve my makeup and keep it fresh. I think it worked pretty darn good and am hoping it will do the job for the wedding! Here's pics of me about 3 hours after my trial. I actually think the makeup looks better after it's set.

#3 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
      • 5,649 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:25 AM

MarieSam - Wow, you look amazing!!! Your makeup is perfection (this woman is amazing and blending the eyeshadow, wow!) and your hair is so gorgeous and it doesn't look too "done". I can't wait for you to go and come back so we can all ooh and ahh over your wedding pics!! Your daughter and mom look beautiful too! PW is another fantastic resource for brides to be, so nice find!

#4 KatyKo

KatyKo
        • 851 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:26 AM

So beautiful! I'm doing my trials this weekend...can't wait!!

#5 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
          • 4,881 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
          • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
          • LocationNew York

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

Wow MarieSam! You look amazing! And how fun to take your own stylist down with you!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#6 yamille

yamille
          • 1,460 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

Mariesam you are so gorgeous and so are your mommy and daughter. I am super impressed with your planning and trials- it's amazing really. I threw caution to the wind and just went with the people at PRC but honestly if I had to I would redo that part. All my makeup was off like 10 mins after the ceremony it was so hot.

You look awesome and by the look on Tommy's face he likes it too! You are going to be a hot bride girl!

#7 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
            • 1,572 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:29 AM

Girl, you look fabulous!!! You're gonna be stunning for your wedding day!

#8 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:33 AM

beautiful hair and makeup. and i agree with you about the makeup even looking better after its set.
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,532 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:34 AM

Wow, she did a great job! You look gorgeous MarieSam!

#10 inunez

inunez
                  • 172 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:40 AM

you look beautiful! i love how you are changing your hair for the reception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users