Photo

Looking for a Boudoir Photographer in Michigan

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 amanda&gabe2008

amanda&gabe2008
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:34 AM

Does anyone know any Female B photgraphers in Michigan?
    Preferrably in the Detroit/Ann Arbor Area.

My friend Holly and i have decided to do it as our gift for our hubbies :) I am going first and she wants to book right after me.

Now all we need is a good photographer.......

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:57 AM

I'm not sure about Michigan, but Bobbi (I think in Indiana?) did Natalie's a couple months ago and they were great! Here's a link to her blog & site: bobbi+mike

#3 jthrasher

jthrasher
      • Banned
      • 486 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:08 PM

not in Detroit but in Lansing. Jennifer Shelton

If you contact her, tell her I referred you to her.

Ladies, I just want to reiterate that there are amazingly talented male photographers who also shoot boudoir work. And limiting yourself to only female shooters I think is limiting the options you have.

I realize the comfort issue but male photographers are just as professional as female shooters and will make you just as comfortable as well. Many times they have female assistants or a make up artist for you. Plus, you'll have someone with you that you bring.

I highly recommend meeting your photographer first whether they are male or female so you are comfortable with them but especially if they are male, I know it would help.

All I'm saying is, give us guys a chance too. We want to make great photos for you too!!

#4 tvt

tvt
        • VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:14 PM

I don't know of a female photog in Michigan, but I was just reading this and wanted to add my two cents to what Jonathan said.

While I totally agree that there are lots of very talented male photogs out there that could produce some seriously sexy B photos, I personally know even though I might feel comfortable with a male that my FI would FLIP if he found out a guy took the pics... and yes, he'd totally ask.

#5 amanda&gabe2008

amanda&gabe2008
          • 133 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:23 PM

Tara- i totally agree.

Its not necessarily the comfort level- its the fact that how would my fiance feel knowing that another man took pics of me like that and he wasnt even there. I just think its kind of weird.

I am certainly going to meet with the photographer fist- however if i could just find one in my area first- that would be great!

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:57 PM

Poor jonathan.. :-) If it makes you feel better, I would feel weird with either a female or male photographer.. :-)

BTW, Jonathan have you ever done a Trash the dress?

#7 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
              • 466 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:58 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by amanda&gabe2008
                Tara- i totally agree.

Its not necessarily the comfort level- its the fact that how would my fiance feel knowing that another man took pics of me like that and he wasnt even there. I just think its kind of weird.

I am certainly going to meet with the photographer fist- however if i could just find one in my area first- that would be great!

I agree. While its totally unfair for male photographers... my FI was be pissed, and it will totally ruin the gift.

#8 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:05 PM

I will add that if I did a b-session and there were other women there.. Cain would be mad that the other women weren't in the photos as well.. lol

#9 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:09 PM

That's good to know there's one in Lansing!

Sorry Jonathan, but I just don't think too many brides are going to have a male take b-pics of them. And for exactly the reasons already mentioned I would never have considered a male photog even if they were awesome and their prices were great...Jeff would FLIP OUT if I was even remotely unclothed in front of another man, and rightly so. Sorry, just had to add my two cents!

#10 jthrasher

jthrasher
                    • Banned
                    • 486 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:26 PM

I don't understand why your FI's would freak out. I would think they'd be happy that you did it and that it was a great gift. They should know that a photographer is a professional just like a doctor would be.

Do all of you have female doctors? Would your FI's get upset over you having a male doctor? A photo shoot would be far less revealing than a doctors visit. How is that different?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users