Photo

Review - Photographer Michael Maurus/Cancun Wedding Photography

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#51 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:47 PM

That is so sad. I mean pics are probably the most important at a wedding. You have a right to vent and warn other brides. I hope there are some pics that you like for your memories. You were a very pretty bride, though!

#52 MnM2Mexico

MnM2Mexico
    • 54 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:09 PM

wow- I can't believe that guy. what nerve! thank you for your honest and candid review. It information like that that is the best part of this forum! pitfalls to avoid, and vendors that do outstanding work. Your photographer falls into the first category. I won't be getting a quote from that guy! Take comfort in the fact that you are helping so many other brides! and I agree with an earlier post- take those photos to a professional and see if they can photoshop them into shot you want to out into your album.

#53 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:43 PM

Sorry you had to deal with such a tool. You were very proactive about what was important to you and your dh but this guy just didnt seem to care. Seems like he's on some kind of power trip. I hope your able to salvage more pics and make a really great album. Like Abbie suggested i would look into what Sarah can do. Her albums look really nice and she might be able to work with some pics that you dont think are usable. I'm so glad you posted an honest review to warn b2bs about this jerk.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#54 nibsmom

nibsmom
        • 564 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Bianca
          This guy sounds terrible! I contacted him when I was searching for a photographer and had a weird feeling about the wording in his email so I never responded. Good thing for me I guess. I am waiting for the photos from the photographer that I used, Martha Roque, but I must say, she was a total sweetheart!
          Yeah, I was seriously considering booking him too a while back.

When he found out that our wedding was at the Moon Palace, I got an email saying "the Moon Palace doesn't allow outside photographers. You should really do some research before you ask questions."

I was like....NEVERMIND!

What an awful experience. I probably would have fired him on the spot. Are you getting any of your money back? I know I would try to!

At least you and your DH look great in the photos, even if they aren't exactly what you wanted. I'm sure you can find someone to doctor them up for you. And, maybe when you have the funds, you could do a second TTD somewhere closer to home, or on an anniversary to make up for it!

#55 LadyN

LadyN
          • 63 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

Thank you for posting this. I'm so sorry for your horrible experience. I was considering booking him before, but I chose to go with Luckie Photography instead. I have an upcoming wedding June 26th. I JUST had Michael email me yesterday (before I read your post) asking if I was still interested. He informed me that another bride was requesting his services for the same day! I REALLY hope the other JUNE 26TH bride is on here and read's you post before she sends in her deposit.

#56 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:58 PM

I'm SO SORRY! He sounds completely awful, I would have been so disappointed if I had hired him. When I was looking for a photographer I had contacted him, but couldn't find any reviews here about him, and ended up going with someone else, whose style I liked better. My husband gave me a hard enough time about spending money for a photographer, I can't imagine what he would have said if we hired this guy!

Thank you for posting an honest review I really think it will help future brides.

#57 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:41 PM

wow, i'm totally shocked by your review! that sucks big time!!! i can totally see why you're unhappy with your pictures. they are so dark. i'm so sorry, that totally sucks!

however your attitude about it seems pretty good. either laugh or cry right?

#58 Jess

Jess
                • 4,455 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

omg - I just read this whole thing - I am so sorry you had to go through all this...this guy is a jerk and I don't know how he is even in business

#59 Virg

Virg
                  • 684 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:50 PM

That is just crazy!! What a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS JERK! I am so sorry you went through this...
                    Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                    Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#60 Simistar

Simistar
                    • 645 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:59 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by nibsmom
                      Yeah, I was seriously considering booking him too a while back.
                      When he found out that our wedding was at the Moon Palace, I got an email saying "the Moon Palace doesn't allow outside photographers. You should really do some research before you ask questions."

I was like....NEVERMIND!
                      Oh my gosh, I am hearing SO many stories now!
                      Are you getting any of your money back? I know I would try to!

At least you and your DH look great in the photos, even if they aren't exactly what you wanted. I'm sure you can find someone to doctor them up for you. And, maybe when you have the funds, you could do a second TTD somewhere closer to home, or on an anniversary to make up for it!
                      We're not even going to BOTHER trying to ask for any money back... We just want to be DONE with him and his company! But I like your idea of an anniversary TTD shoot! Good excuse to go somewhere hot and sunny again:-)

Oh, and thanks everyone for the suggestion of contacting Sarah...I sent her an e-mail and will wait to hear what she says:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users