Photo

Review - Photographer Michael Maurus/Cancun Wedding Photography

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#21 finleys7

finleys7
  • 703 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:12 AM

Wow, so it's a good thing I signed on today and saw this post. I just received an email from Michael about how he's taking over for the other photographer's (that I was emaling with).

I am so so so sorry that your day was affected by such a jerk and unprofessional photographer. I hope your family was able to get some shots in which you can edit and alter.

Thank you for your review, as I will NOT be using him now. Thanks again!!!
    Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
    Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#22 JOSIE

JOSIE
    • 1,792 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:17 AM

Wow. I am shocked reading this, it sounds horrible!!! Thank you SO much for all the pics you posted and all of the examples to show how disappointing his work is. I especially like the lighting when you're signing documents....it really does look like midnight.

And the TTD shots.....are you freaking kidding me!! You are right I literally could hardley even see you!! Is there anyway ANYONE can edit and zoom these for you?

i appreciate so much that you posted this and have given the girls the opportunity to know better when booking in the cancun area. I've been browsing photogs and will make sure to share your experience if his name/company comes up.

Never-the-less, you made an absolutely beautiful bride. I'm glad you got SOME good pics out of the deal.

Thanks again for taking the time to write such a detailed review....truly appreciated!

#23 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
      • 327 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:13 AM

omg! he is a nightmare. i would have cried too! the lighting was horrible, and the first ttd photo you posted, my mother couldn't even see you, she thought it was just a pic of the water, until i pointed you out! i really hope someone can salvage these.

#24 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:24 AM

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about your negative experience with this photog. I can't believe that he pitched a hissy fit when you were just trying to help him by giving him examples of pics you like and then INSULTING you on your TTD shoot. He sounds like a total diva and a pain in the rear to deal with. Thank you so much for such a completely honest review so that future brides will know what they are getting in to when they consider hiring this "professional".

#25 drtracy

drtracy
          • 436 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

I am so sorry for your awful experience! If it makes you feel any better at all (probably not) after PMing you I didn't use Michael for my TTD in Cancun. So, if nothing else you've at least helped me avoid the same issues (for which I am eternally grateful) and I'm sure this review can help others as well. Thanks so much for posting!

#26 Chanti

Chanti
            • 310 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear what happened, this is honestly a nightmare. Hopefully someone can help you with that CD and salvage some photos. No one deserves to be treated the way this horrible man treated you, especially not on your very special day... He sounds an absolute nightmare! I hope he realizes that his attitude and lack of professionalism will lose him business BIG TIME.

#27 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:56 AM

wow, i am so sorry. your experience sounds HORRIBLE!!

but i did want to tahnk you for writing an honest review of him. I wish the previous BDW member had. I think it is really helpful especially when the service and attitude is this bad.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#28 emme

emme
              • 382 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:56 AM

I am so sorry that things went so badly for you but THANK YOU so much for your post!! You did all the right things...you were so pro-active...he was just a horrible photographer!! I give you so much credit for keeping your humor about the whole situation...because your captions about your "arms in the air" pictures were hilarious!! Thank you for your warning...and I wish you all the best with your DIY photo albums!!
                http://tickers.Ticke....d6f6/event.png

Bride + Groom + 44 Amazing Guests...

#29 ikupoo

ikupoo
                • 171 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:05 PM

I can't believe this guy! What a joke! Seriously, what kind of professional would give you an attitude for telling him what you want!

#30 fudgie

fudgie
                  • 353 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:06 PM

Wow, you are such a doll for posting this review! It is truly priceless for a bride to be to have this type of information. I am so sorry that you not only had to deal with such an unprofessional photog but also that you weren't happy with your pics. I don't understand where some people come from sometimes! Did he really think that you would be happy with the service/product Thanks for such a detail review, it will surely help save someone else the huge headache down the road.
                    Photo by: Cineart Photographywww.cineartphotography.comOur Professional Slideshow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users