Photo

Review - Photographer Michael Maurus/Cancun Wedding Photography

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#171 WeddingMay2010

WeddingMay2010
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

Wow, I really wish we would have done more research and found this before we booked Michael Maurus and Cancun Wedding Photographers.  We were married at Grand Palladium in May of 2010 and Michael was our photographer.  Once we returned to the US we were supposed to have our pictures from him.  It took many e-mails and he sent over some of our photos.  We paid in full for a package that included a photo album, prints, CD's and others.  Since he sent over the few pictures he has vanished.  We have e-mailed and called him and his assistant MANY times over the past 6 weeks and have no response.  After further research we found many other couples that had the same thing happen to them, beginning in 2008.  This guy is a scam artist and has stolen thousands of dollars from people who worked hard to save up and trusted in his services. 

Does anyone here have any way of contacting him?  We are going to do everything we can to find him although it will be difficult.  We are just so dissapointed and feel very taken advantage of. 

Thanks so much!

#172 Simistar

Simistar
    • 645 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

Oh man! I'm SO sorry to hear this...

I too wish I had been able to find reviews like the one I did on Michael Maurus and his work before we booked... which is why I wrote it.

I'm sorry you're having trouble too, but it's good you posted about it...so more future brides will know what he's all about.

I'm out of town right now, but on my computer at home I have some email addresses I used when I was still dealing with him.

When I get home (won't be until Monday or Tuesday) I can post/PM the email addresses I have for him...not sure if they'll work, but worth a shot, right?;-)

Originally Posted by WeddingMay2010 

Wow, I really wish we would have done more research and found this before we booked Michael Maurus and Cancun Wedding Photographers.  We were married at Grand Palladium in May of 2010 and Michael was our photographer.  Once we returned to the US we were supposed to have our pictures from him.  It took many e-mails and he sent over some of our photos.  We paid in full for a package that included a photo album, prints, CD's and others.  Since he sent over the few pictures he has vanished.  We have e-mailed and called him and his assistant MANY times over the past 6 weeks and have no response.  After further research we found many other couples that had the same thing happen to them, beginning in 2008.  This guy is a scam artist and has stolen thousands of dollars from people who worked hard to save up and trusted in his services. 

Does anyone here have any way of contacting him?  We are going to do everything we can to find him although it will be difficult.  We are just so dissapointed and feel very taken advantage of. 

Thanks so much!

#173 WeddingMay2010

WeddingMay2010
      • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:49 AM

Thanks so much Simistar!  We have about 4 different e-mail addresses he has used communicating to us but maybe you have a different one.  It is worth a shot! 

Yes, we hope no future brides will even consider using his services.  We found a facebook page for his company and all it has is posts from past brides/ grooms trying to find him because he ripped them off too.  Same story as ours, just vanishes after the wedding.  It is really terrible because he does not realize that not only is he stealing money from people, he is taking away the memories of the most important day of their lives. 

We were also able to contact his x-wife Petra and she said since they were divorced 2 years ago she has had no contact with him but has been contacted by many brides/ grooms looking for Michael.  What an unbelievable jerk!!!

#174 cariann

cariann
        • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:47 AM

Did you ever get a hold of michael. I have been trying for a few months now with no luck. I would just like to get my prints.

#175 Simistar

Simistar
          • 645 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by WeddingMay2010 

Thanks so much Simistar!  We have about 4 different e-mail addresses he has used communicating to us but maybe you have a different one.  It is worth a shot! 

Yes, we hope no future brides will even consider using his services.  We found a facebook page for his company and all it has is posts from past brides/ grooms trying to find him because he ripped them off too.  Same story as ours, just vanishes after the wedding.  It is really terrible because he does not realize that not only is he stealing money from people, he is taking away the memories of the most important day of their lives. 

We were also able to contact his x-wife Petra and she said since they were divorced 2 years ago she has had no contact with him but has been contacted by many brides/ grooms looking for Michael.  What an unbelievable jerk!!!

Originally Posted by cariann 

Did you ever get a hold of michael. I have been trying for a few months now with no luck. I would just like to get my prints.

Yikes -- sorry guys!

I've been swamped and forgot to look up what email addresses I have/had for him...Will do that today!! Not sure if they'll work, but worth a shot...

What a JERK to not get you guys your pictures!!!!

#176 Simistar

Simistar
            • 645 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

Okay guys,

I looked up all the email addies I had for Cancun Wedding Photography and Michael Maurus...

My guess is the ones with people's names may not work, since they likely don't work there anymore, but again, I would just mass email all these addresses and see if ANYONE answers!

Here they are:

macmaurus@mac.com

cancun.wedding.photography@gmail.com

design@wedding-photography-cancun.com

chris@wedding-photography-cancun.com

b.schaefer@cancun-wedding-photography.com

bernadette.schaefer@gmail.com

My fingers are crossed for you guys that you get your pictures!! 

I mean, mine sucked, but at least I got them (and could then try to edit them to make them salvageable...)

Please keep us posted on what happens!!

#177 TerraDawn

TerraDawn
              • 85 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:13 PM

I hate to say it, but I seriously just sat here reading your whole story and stuffing popcorn down my mouth.  THAT READ LIKE A HORROR NOVEL!!!!  You poor, poor thing!! 

At least it looks like some of your guests shots came out great!!  Like you said, maybe between those shots and the few good shots that the ummm......photographer.....man.....thing took, you will have a beautiful album.  I will cross my fingers for you!! 

I would love to say that this story helped me to know exactly what not to do for my destination wedding clients....but really, it just sounds like this photographer was missing common sense and people skills. 

Thank you for all of your time and consideration for the brides on this forum!!  You've done the destination wedding community a HUGE service with this review. 

I hope all works out in the end (for you AND everyone who ended up using this guy...)

Terra Dawn

#178 Simistar

Simistar
                • 645 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

Thank you:-)

Unfortunately, I just read another posting on this forum from a bride who used him and got terrible pictures...

So, he's still out there ruining people's wedding photos...AAARGH!

Originally Posted by TerraDawnPhotography 

I hope all works out in the end (for you AND everyone who ended up using this guy...)

Terra Dawn

#179 82turtles

82turtles
                  • 297 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

Wow, I'm so sorry for your experiences, but I have to say a huge THANK YOU for posting your review! I had come across his company and it was on the list for consideration, since the prices seemed right. I'll definitely mark that one down as a big fat NO!!!

#180 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                    • 11,659 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

did you ever get the wedding album?  any updates on the company?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users