Photo

Review - Photographer Michael Maurus/Cancun Wedding Photography

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#161 Applehead Studio

Applehead Studio
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

Wow, this is a horrible experience and its clear you did not have the right photographer. I always suggest to brides that they ask to see at LEAST 3 complete weddings that a photographer has shot. Yes, we like to post our best images but most pros can show you a complete wedding if you just ask.

I hope you got a few keeps. You looked amazing!

liam

#162 Simistar

Simistar
    • 645 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Applehead Studio
      Wow, this is a horrible experience and its clear you did not have the right photographer. I always suggest to brides that they ask to see at LEAST 3 complete weddings that a photographer has shot. Yes, we like to post our best images but most pros can show you a complete wedding if you just ask.

I hope you got a few keeps. You looked amazing!

liam
      Good advice!
      We actually did look at one or two complete weddings AND even had him email us more pictures..
      But again, hopefully my/our experience will help future B2Bs...
      :-)

#163 dawnkyeknod

dawnkyeknod
      • 303 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

I am sooo sad for you. What a disappointment. I am sure it always hasnt been the case but you seemed to be in "good spirits" when you wrote your review. Sarcasm anyone?
        You made me laugh in spite of the sad situation. I wish you a lot of luck in putting together an album.

BTW - your dress looks absolutely gorgeous but I cant see it? Are there any links with bigger pics that I could see? Where did you get it? Beautiful!!!!

#164 Simistar

Simistar
        • 645 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dawnkyeknod
          I am sooo sad for you. What a disappointment. I am sure it always hasnt been the case but you seemed to be in "good spirits" when you wrote your review. Sarcasm anyone?
          You made me laugh in spite of the sad situation. I wish you a lot of luck in putting together an album.

BTW - your dress looks absolutely gorgeous but I cant see it? Are there any links with bigger pics that I could see? Where did you get it? Beautiful!!!!
          LOL! Yes, it did take me awhile to find the humour in it all, though I am generally a sarcastic person...which drives my mother CRAZY:-)

I did actually put together an album FINALLY! There's a link to it in my siggy below...
          You can probably see some closer-up pics of my dress as well...
          BTW, awwww! Thank you! That's so sweet of you to say about my dress:-)
          It's an Amsale dress, the style is called "Tyler"...it's actually the same dress the girl wore in The Hangover movie at the end:-)
          (of course, I'd bought it long before that movie came out:-))
          I bought it a bridal salon in Vancouver where I live, but I know it's also sold anywhere they sell Amsale dresses in the States... and I've seen one or two for sale on used wedding dress sites...

Here's the link to my photobucket album that shows all the layouts in the album...You can really see the dress in those pics:-)

Lumapix pictures by msimick - Photobucket

Any questions -- please ask:-)

#165 dawnkyeknod

dawnkyeknod
          • 303 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:11 PM

well, that was a quick reply... thanks.

I have to say HOLY CRAP! You turned those "raised arm, midnight, where's waldo' shots into a beautiful album! I am so impressed! Good for you. Somehow you took a bad situation and you fixed it and made an album that is absolutely amazing... maybe you have found a new career path....

Congrats again (by the way, your other skating pictures are very cool - no pun intended)

Oh yah, thanks for the dress info. I KNEW that you had it before the movie...

#166 Simistar

Simistar
            • 645 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:56 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by dawnkyeknod
              well, that was a quick reply... thanks.
              I have to say HOLY CRAP! You turned those "raised arm, midnight, where's waldo' shots into a beautiful album! I am so impressed! Good for you. Somehow you took a bad situation and you fixed it and made an album that is absolutely amazing... maybe you have found a new career path....

Congrats again (by the way, your other skating pictures are very cool - no pun intended)

Oh yah, thanks for the dress info. I KNEW that you had it before the movie...
              Thanks about the album:-)
              Funny you say that b/c I'd really like to take a course or something and learn how to do that kind of thing for real:-)
              Oh, and the dress in the movie had a black sash (mine was "stone")... I'm SO different

#167 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
              • 656 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

wow! i'm so sorry you had to do go through all of this. How dare he tell you not to tell him how to do his job. You hired him, and are paying him!!!! Well, i still believe you have a better attitude than I would have and I am now looking into making an album like yours! Thank your for all your info.

#168 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
                • 590 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

Good job!! You definitely turned lemons into lemonade with that album! :)

#169 Princess402

Princess402
                  • 737 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:56 PM

W-O-W, Michelle you did such a freaking awesome job with that album!!! You made that bad photography fab! You must be so happy with the results :)

#170 Ravywedding

Ravywedding
                    • 183 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

Oh, honey, I am so sorry to hear that...I hope the photographer reads this and knows that poor work reaches alot further than the one customer they may have screwed over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users