• 2,115 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:59 AM

They look awesome!

#12 JessicaM

JessicaM
    • Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

You did a great job on these, your guests are going to love them!

#13 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:41 PM

Those are so pretty!

#14 Ebbie475

Ebbie475
        • 88 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

Very nice job.
          I have been very careful not to sound too excited about the planning to my FI. Don't want him to blow my bubble and tell me to slow down or something. After being on this web site way too much you get so many ideas you just want to go and start doing. But, he really is into it. Which is great, of course. He couldn't even keep the secret until STD's went out. I know that is a good sign. You know guys, all this stuff is so trivial to them, usually.

#15 Bali83

Bali83
          • 221 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:09 PM

Very cute!! You did an awesome job...be proud!!

#16 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
            • 393 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:22 AM

I posted this on another thread but figured I would see who got back to me first. How did you create the jacket and what weight of cardstock did you use? I tried to use the template, but I got confused! I don't know what's wrong with me. According to that website, I was able to figure out the more complicated jacket. But I think I like the style of the jacket you created.

#17 npaterson

npaterson
              • 49 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:05 PM

They look great! Good job!

#18 KJT1985

KJT1985
                • 694 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:42 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl
                  I posted this on another thread but figured I would see who got back to me first. How did you create the jacket and what weight of cardstock did you use? I tried to use the template, but I got confused! I don't know what's wrong with me. According to that website, I was able to figure out the more complicated jacket. But I think I like the style of the jacket you created.
                  For the jackets I just printed off the templates and then trimmed the edges with my rotary paper trimmer, folded them on the lines and used glue dots to hold it all together (the middle third will become the back and then either ends will either be the top or the folded in "inside" if that makes sense). I forget what weight cardstock I used was but I bought it in bulk from Office Depot. Here's my poor and quick attempt to illustrate how I folded them.

Click the image to open in full size.

#19 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
                  • 393 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:09 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KJT1985
                    For the jackets I just printed off the templates and then trimmed the edges with my rotary paper trimmer, folded them on the lines and used glue dots to hold it all together (the middle third will become the back and then either ends will either be the top or the folded in "inside" if that makes sense). I forget what weight cardstock I used was but I bought it in bulk from Office Depot. Here's my poor and quick attempt to illustrate how I folded them.

Click the image to open in full size.
                    Thanks! Love the diagram :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users