Coordinator not on BBB List??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jam8x2

• 82 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

Hi, I am looking into a wedding coordinator for my June 2010 wedding. I have searched on the BBB website and the company is not on there. I have checked 3 references from them, and have gotten great responses. They also have been really great about getting back to me, checking up, and I haven't even hired them yet. Any advice about coordinators and how you chose yours would be great.

We are getting married at a museum and still up in the air about what restaurant to have the reception at for about 40 people so we aren't choose a particular package.

Thank you for the help!

#2 bride7474

• 582 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

I don't think it really matters if they are not on the BBB website, as long as they have great references, you get along with them and like their services, then it should be just fine!

#3 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:53 PM

you do understand the BBB is a paid service that vendors pay to be part of. ALOT of businesses, vendors are not on BBB but that doesn't mean they are not legitimate.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Mialonghorn

• 16 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:24 AM

I would give them an idea of what you want and ask them to price it out for you before you decide to hire them. My WC's website had packages for $10K or so but that's not even close to what I ended up paying. I would also get an idea of how many sub-vendors they have. They obviously won't tell you who they use for the photographer, florist, etc...but they should be able to give you the number of choices you'll have to select from. My WC only offered me one florist and a few photographers so I ended up having to do all my own research. Send me a seperate email if you need further help deciding. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users