Destination Location with a chapel, beach, fun, and history? - HELP!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 CnC

• 108 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

Thanks, @Sspiris!. Unfortunately, I'm not Catholic and we are seeking non-denominational wedding...

6+ weeks of searching and no date no location yet. I've narrowed it down to 3 places (one in Hawaii, and two in Mexico), but FI is totally leaning towards Caribbean - and I can't find any place with a Chapel! I found a couple, but 5-star resorts where we totally won't be able to afford them (and ridiculous to ask our guests).

So, another outcry for help...anyone know of a resort with onsite chapel for NON-DENOMINATIONAL wedding in Caribbean?

#32 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

congrats and welcome !

Your quest is a tough one... here are a few resources.

First I think you should try islands that are former british colonies - you'll have more chances thatn with Mexico for instance !

I still found this in Los Cabos (but no pics) :

Churches and Church Services - Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico

see Cabo English church

In Cayman Islands :

Churches in The Cayman Islands

Cayman Islands Churches, Clubs, Schools

Church of God Chapel - George Town, Cayman Islands

In Jamaica : Sandals Montego Bay has a non denominational chapel in the resort :

Chapels Weddings at Sandals Montego Bay

Accomodates 80, not sure how many guests you would have.

Other resources to continue searching Jamaica :

Jamaica Easy - Montego Bay Houses of Worship - Churches

Jamaica Easy - Ocho Rios Houses of Worship - Churches

In Hawai :

Oahu Wedding Locations

Honolulu Non-Denominational Churches in Honolulu HI Yellow Pages by SuperPages

planners in hawai : Best of the Web - What's New in Society For 3/8/2009 For instance I clicked on this one and they have a non-denominational chapel at the bottom : Hawaii Wedding Locations on Oahu. Beach Weddings in Hawaii at Sunset

In St Lucia :

did not find one but these guys say they can find a suitable church depending on your denomination :

Weddings in St. Lucia, St. Lucia Wedding Consultants, Caribbean Wedding Packages

In Antigua :

Otherwise, I found this site. I don't know what it's worth beacuse I did not use it. Basically, you can download a wedding guide per country, and it includes churches and chapels of all faith. So if you're set on a country : example with St Vincent :

st vincent & grenadines wedding info. Get married in st vincent & grenadines & have weddings in st vincent & grenadines. Destination marriage advice.

And... I don't know where you want to go really... so i found this absolutely amazing location in Fidji :

WhereToStay.com: Shangri La Fijian Resort, Fiji Islands Hotel

they have a non-denominational seaside wedding chapel !

Good luck ! I think you need to pick up your phone...

#33 CnC

• 108 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

@Ayita, thank you so much for all the info! Very much appreciate them!!

#34 clairisse

• 492 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum.

#35 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
          • 1,574 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:52 AM

Felicidades and welcome to the forum! - We do have a great church (La Iglesia de la Virgin de Guadalupe) or, for non-catholics, there's also a pretty chapel (hacienda san angel)!

#36 CrystalM

• 829 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:16 AM

Congrats and
              I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users