Photo

Destination Location with a chapel, beach, fun, and history? - HELP!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 CnC

CnC
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hi everyone,

Caroline here. Just got engaged over the Memorial day weekend and only thing we know is that we want a destination wedding!

I've always wanted to get married in a church - older churches with high ceilings, stained glass, etc.; but my fiance desires a simpler destination wedding on a beach (or mountain tops, etc.). We both want the destination ceremony to be a big vacation for our close friends and family, and since we are responsible for paying for the wedding part, we want to be "cost effective"...

Can you recommend any resorts/beaches/destinations that have a local church where we might be able to hold a ceremony then hold a reception at a resort? I no longer seek a big church, it'd be preferred, but I wouldn't mind a smaller, cute church...

We are also looking for a location where the guests could have many things to do, and not just get stuck inside the resort and be confined to just water sports...

Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon!

#2 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
    • Vendor
    • 2,782 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:53 PM

Welcome to the forum Caroline.
      I know you can find some nice churches in Costa Rica and Mexico. I am some will be able to provide more info. Costa Rica also offers a huge number of day trips to volcanos and rain forests. Quite spectacular.

Dmitri

#3 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
      • Vendor
      • 2,015 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:54 PM

Congratulations Caroline and welcome to the forums! Have you looked into staying in the Mayan Riviera area and finding a church either in the area or in Playa del Carmen?
        Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
        Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
        Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
        Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
        http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#4 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

Welcome to BDW :0) A couple of beautiful churches down south that come to my mind are the catholic church in Puerto vallarta and the church in Los Cabos. There are plenty of photos of each throughout the mexico section of the forum so be sure to do a search and check them out :0)

Congratulations on your recent engagement, DW's rock!

#5 CnC

CnC
        • 108 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by CnC
          Hi everyone,

Caroline here. Just got engaged over the Memorial day weekend and only thing we know is that we want a destination wedding!

I've always wanted to get married in a church - older churches with high ceilings, stained glass, etc.; but my fiance desires a simpler destination wedding on a beach (or mountain tops, etc.). We both want the destination ceremony to be a big vacation for our close friends and family, and since we are responsible for paying for the wedding part, we want to be "cost effective"...

Can you recommend any resorts/beaches/destinations that have a local church where we might be able to hold a ceremony then hold a reception at a resort? I no longer seek a big church, it'd be preferred, but I wouldn't mind a smaller, cute church...

We are also looking for a location where the guests could have many things to do, and not just get stuck inside the resort and be confined to just water sports...

Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon!
          Thanks ladies for the suggestions!

I guess I should mention that we are looking for a non-denominational or a protestant wedding...

#6 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
          • 5,705 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:33 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#7 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
            • 1,047 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:45 PM

El Dorado Royale in Riviera Maya, Mexico has a beautiful beachside chapel that is non denominational. It's an adult only all inclusive resort but there is a lot to do both onsite and off!

#8 jk1101

jk1101
              • 2,582 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:00 PM

Congratulations and Welcome!

#9 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
                • 4,853 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

Welcome and congrats, Caroline!

Best wishes,
                  Tod

#10 CnC

CnC
                  • 108 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:07 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TA Jennifer
                    El Dorado Royale in Riviera Maya, Mexico has a beautiful beachside chapel that is non denominational. It's an adult only all inclusive resort but there is a lot to do both onsite and off!
                    Thanks for the info! The place looks real cute. I'll definitely keep this one in file to show my FH!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users