Wish me luck...going to pic up my dress from FMIL

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 DreaW

DreaW
  • Banned
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:14 PM

So E's parents have been holding onto my wedding dress for about a year and a half now and today after work I am going to actually come pick it up and then take it to the seamstress that lives near my mom's.

I haven't talked to E's parents since the blow out with the wedding list issue last week.
    And we haven't told them yet about our decision to just elope this July. We are going to tell them....Erik wants to tell them July 1, I want to tell them now...but worried that she will be even more upset and kick my a$$.

So again wish me luck....if she decides to talk to me then great but I won't mention anything about wedding....except that I've decided to alter the dress now.

#2 soulmates

soulmates
    • 538 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:18 PM

Good luck tonight and let us know how everything goes.

#3 dragonfly

dragonfly
      • 1,820 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

Good Luck, remember to let Erik deal with it. Don't let her rope you into saying anything. If she wants to kick someone's ass it shouldn't be yours. Why do mil think their son's are perfect and then us wicked daughter in-laws get a hold of them. They seem to think we just make all decisions and the men have no say (well okay that is true, LOL). Good Luck once again!

Kelly~

#4 DreaW

DreaW
        • Banned
        • 2,462 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dragonfly
          Good Luck, remember to let Erik deal with it. Don't let her rope you into saying anything. If she wants to kick someone's ass it shouldn't be yours. Why do mil think their son's are perfect and then us wicked daughter in-laws get a hold of them. They seem to think we just make all decisions and the men have no say (well okay that is true, LOL). Good Luck once again!

Kelly~
          Thanks Kelly, I'm not going to say anything...if I do see her (if she went in to work) then I will just tell her that I'm here for the dress....They are going to ask me how San Fran was.....I didn't go.....but Erik didn't tell them I was at home and not in San Fran.... Ugh! So I'm just going to say it was ok and that we are still thinking about it....

SHoot....don't know....

#5 dragonfly

dragonfly
          • 1,820 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:31 PM

I don't think it's going to be that easy for you, I'm glad it's not me. She doesn't sound like a woman who is going to let it go, I think she will question you about your trip, be prepared put on your game face. When she does find out ( and blames you) tell her you were just respecting her son's wishes that the two of you don't talk about the wedding. Hey, you can actually say that to her today!
            Kelly~

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:38 PM

If you want all us BDW girls can go with you, I'm sure she can't all our @$$'s.. lol..

Good luck.. Doesn't sound like fun..

#7 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
              • 5,248 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:44 PM

Ooooh Drea good luck. I know I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. Just try avoid speaking to her about the wedding as much as possible. Although that will probably be impossible. Won't she get mad though if you tell her in July that you are eloping? The way I see it, she is going to be mad no matter what. So you might as well tell her so that at least she has a chance to save a little from now until the end of July. Then again she could just make your life a living hell from now until then.

#8 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                • VIP Member
                • 2,347 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:22 PM

Consider walking in with an excuse to leave----- "oh sorry to rush, but I have to get (insert location) before (insert time)"..... it helps because then maybe she won't want to start a discussion that has an actual time limit on it.

If she asks about SF, just say it was great and you'll have to share the information you got with her later because you've got to rush off....

Just remember--- breathe and don't think about it too much on the drive over there---- :)

#9 Heidi

Heidi
                  • 2,642 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:26 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
                    Consider walking in with an excuse to leave----- "oh sorry to rush, but I have to get (insert location) before (insert time)"..... it helps because then maybe she won't want to start a discussion that has an actual time limit on it.

If she asks about SF, just say it was great and you'll have to share the information you got with her later because you've got to rush off....

Just remember--- breathe and don't think about it too much on the drive over there---- :)
                    I second that advice - great idea Maria!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
                    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#10 Martha

Martha
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,906 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:30 PM

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users