Jump to content


Sunquest not flying to Cabo in October?

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Natashak

  • Newbie
  • 93 posts

    Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:49 PM


    So I just got a call from my TA saying that Sunquest is not going to fly to Cabo until November. He said I have 2 options, 1-go to the same place just in November or 2-go somewhere else on the same dates. My wedding is in about 4 months & I can't imagine having to change it. If I move it to November a bunch of people can't come.

    Are they even allowed to do this?

    Does anyone have any suggestions?



    #2 ~Angela~

    • Sr. Member
    • 4,172 posts

      Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:19 PM

      Yikes ..... that is strange?!?!?

      Would they refund you if you can find another operator that IS flying to Cabo? I imagine you are in Canada () because it's Sunquest. If you are in Ontario and they will refund you .... maybe you could get something out of Buffalo or Detroit?

      I'd be pissed!!! I hope you figure it all out!

      #3 lgarner83

      • Member
      • 530 posts

        Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

        Ours is cancelled too....I was in serious shock even though Carly warned us in the Riu Santa Fe thread. We decided to cancel everything and have our wedding at home now. Not what we originally pictured, but it will be great regardless. Our date has been moved up to Aug 8, eek!

        #4 red789

        • Newbie
        • 37 posts

          Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

          OMG - I cant beleive this. Im in November, my original date was October, im so thankful i changed it. This is so horrible - had you already paid your deposits??

          #5 lgarner83

          • Member
          • 530 posts

            Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:44 PM

            Yes, last year, but thankfully they are all being refunded

            #6 missybee99

            • Jr. Member
            • 163 posts

              Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:05 PM

              I REALLY feel for you!! Our wedding was supposed to be May 28th, but due to the swine flu, everywhere was cancelling flights! We had to postpone to August.

              Prior to this, though, I had the entire trip booked with Sunquest, and we had undergone two big travel changes in a matter of a month. The first was a departure date from Monday to Saturday. The second was when Westjet parted ways with them(who they used for their planes), and Sunquest went with a charter airline. Which meant everyone would return to Calgary on a Sunday at 12:30am!! We would still have a 2 hour drive home! They really messed up travel plans for everyone, and was resulting in too much stress and additional days needed off from work. They really can't seem to nail down their flights.

              So, we cancelled the flight portion, and booked our flights directly with Westjet, which resulted in over a $1,000 savings for us!! Not to mention reduced hassle!
              I would definitely recomend checking into another flight option. You can keep the resort portion through Sunquest, as that is what we did. However, we just found out it would have been cheaper to go elsewhere for that too!!!!

              I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you can find an alternative so that you can relax and enjoy the rest of your planning! You should not have to be worrying about travel!!!!!!!
              Keep us posted! :)

              #7 *Heather*


                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 9,532 posts

                Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

                This happened to us too. I've been scrambling ever since trying to re-book our guests (via my TA). I'm NOT switching our wedding to November...my guests have already booked vacation time etc!

                #8 JGAMMAGIRL77

                • Jr. Member
                • 427 posts

                  Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:36 PM

                  I looked at flights for my wedding in November for Westjet and they only fly to Cabo on certain dates.


                  #9 *Heather*


                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 9,532 posts

                    Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:30 AM

                    Yeah Westjet wasn't an option for me either. They only have one flight scheduled per week right now and one of them was already sold out anyway. So frustrating!

                    #10 saltocoach

                    • Jr. Member
                    • 235 posts

                      Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:09 AM

                      We've booked a land only package for the rooms and went with West Jet for the flight. It got us in to Cabo earlier and was much cheaper than doing the Sunquest package. On top of that , the Sunquest package didn't leave from Edmonton which meant that we'd have to overnight it in Calgary. Not something I'd want all of my guests to do. Have your TA look into it more for you.

                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users