Photo

Tan Lines don't go with the dress! Eek, gasp!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#11 BBtoB

BBtoB
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:45 PM

Good ideas girls. Yeah, laying out with the suit tucked in should work, but not so much for walking around....wardrobe malfunction!? Also, I plan to wear lots of sunscreen (always do with this Colorado Sun!) so good call. Yep! One month to go, so I just started tanning like 2-3 times week...hopefully i can build up a good base.

I should probably look for a strapless suit, but I don't know if it will be enough support...I am top heavy. I have been reading on here to see what kind of suits might work. I wll have to look into that Bandaeux!? I saw that on another thread.

So thanks for all the suggestions....you girls are so helpful! Love this site!

Does the make up thing work? Maybe a bronzer? Although, FI is wearing a near white suit...so I am thinking that could be a bad combo, don't want to get any on him.

I agree...about the spray on tans...I am so scared of those...did you see that one Friends when Ross got his? "I'm an Eight!!!"

#12 BBtoB

BBtoB
    • 399 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:07 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MegaShay
      BBtoB, take a look at the JCrew swimsuits - they have a ton of cute bandeau tops. Here's an example: Women's Swimwear - Bikinis, Separates & Tops, Tank Suits & Novelty Swimwear - J.Crew
      Too cute! Thanks Megan! They have a D cup...and I am DD...do you think that will work? Hmmm...

#13 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
      • 2,777 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:14 AM

bandeau is really hard w/ DD! Look on this thread. there are a lot of us girls w/ DD. If you want a bandeau for larger mamas go w/ a one piece bandeau!

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t38466

#14 BBtoB

BBtoB
        • 399 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:01 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jacilynda
          bandeau is really hard w/ DD! Look on this thread. there are a lot of us girls w/ DD. If you want a bandeau for larger mamas go w/ a one piece bandeau!

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t38466
          Thanks Jac! I didn't want to have to get another new suit...but I think that might be my best option to avoid those ugly tan lines. That link you posted is a great thread!

#15 Sloan

Sloan
          • 1,279 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:52 AM

I wore halters the days leading up to our wedding. I had tan lines in my strapless dress. Who cares. You're on vacation. There's worse things that could happen, right?

#16 jetsbride

jetsbride
            • 794 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:52 AM

It drives me crazy when I have tan lines so I got a bandeau top so I wouldn't have tan lines for the wedding but I think if you have tan lines a bronzer or self tanner would take care of the lines.

#17 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
              • 382 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:09 AM

My girls are bigger the 'DD' so I am pretty sure strapless is out for me! Letting the girls loose like that could end up with someone hurt!!!!

If anyone knows of a place that has strapless in larger bra sizes please post.

#18 BBtoB

BBtoB
                • 399 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:14 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by soon2bePowers
                  My girls are bigger the 'DD' so I am pretty sure strapless is out for me! Letting the girls loose like that could end up with someone hurt!!!!

If anyone knows of a place that has strapless in larger bra sizes please post.
                  I feel the same way. I have never worn a strapless suit in my life...not even when the girls were smaller. I am afraid that I wont have the support I need so my girls are looking good... and not to mention no peep shows. :)

#19 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
                  • 1,114 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

*BUMP*
                    I am SO nervous about tan lines!! I am totally getting a base tan before, but my skin has the ability to get SO dark, I have a feeling they're inevitable. I am busty too, but I was lucky enough to find a corset like top (strapless- Betsy Johnson) but it cuts straight accross the my front and back, and my dress is a sweetheart neck with a bit of a lower back.

I'm stressin about this!!!!!
                    Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                    July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                    Non-Pro Pics:
                    http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                    Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#20 Diva

Diva
                    • 682 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:10 PM

OK so maybe I am not the expert on tans or tanning (check out my profile pic LOL) but I think the tucking of the suit straps would be ok. I tan VERY quickly when I get in the sun and lines are a problem for people of color as well. I have a string bikini I will be wearing at the beach and I also need support for the "girls" so I just plan to either tuck it around or use a t shirt/towel to avoid exposing myself when I am laying on my back in the sun. Make sense?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users