Photo

Tan Lines don't go with the dress! Eek, gasp!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 BBtoB

BBtoB
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

It just occurred to me. I got two really cute swim suits and they are Halter top styles. Those are typically the only kind I wear to support "the girls".

I was reading another post about wearing a strapless suit, but I already spent some bucks on the ones I have without thinking about the consequences. OMG! Tan lines! This for some reason did not occur to me! Helllooo!!! Strapless wedding gown and the beach/pool on the days before, hmm those don't mix too well, huh?

Any ideas on what to do if I get some tan lines? Any products or tricks you all can share?

I am currently tanning to get some color...no suit of course...ha! But any thoughts on how to cover those suckers up just in case?

Thanks!

#2 Corvette79

Corvette79
    • 200 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

if its a halter why not just tuck the straps into the chest area for the days before the wedding? i know what you mean, it might not look as fab as you want but at least your wedding pics will be awesome! that is what i am doing

#3 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
      • 380 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:49 PM

i thought about this too and decided i need to buy a bandeau (sp?) to rid of any possible tan lines. but in the past what i used to do was buy the self tanning lotions and apply that to the areas that didn't tan... it's worked but it's also not perfect.

#4 JOSIE

JOSIE
        • 1,792 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:51 PM

I totally feel your pain!!!! All my bathing suits are halter (hence its the most common) and my dress is strapless and my BM dresses have spaghetti straps!! I think we'll all have crazy tan lines unless the girls on BDW can give us a great solution. Thanks for posting this!

#5 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Corvette79
            if its a halter why not just tuck the straps into the chest area for the days before the wedding? i know what you mean, it might not look as fab as you want but at least your wedding pics will be awesome! that is what i am doing
            you can't do this sitting or standing up!

I personally go to the tanning bed to start off my summer cause I don't like tan lines period and I wear different types of shirts. And especially cause I have a strapless wedding dress!

#6 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
            • Vendor
            • 2,782 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:26 PM

Just don't do the instant tan. I had a client last year who did this tan-in-a-bottle tan and it all started to run at noon,when we were taking pictures under the sun. Your wedding is in a month. 5-6 tanning sessions and it should be enough to hide the lines.

#7 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
              • Banned
              • 386 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:41 PM

Even if you have a base tan - you will still have lines. And it isn't really an easy fix in photoshop either. I would suggest getting a suit that lets you slip the straps off while laying - and then cover up when you are up. I know that stinks -

#8 Jen_S

Jen_S
                • 3,737 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

I decided to buy a strapless bathing suit because I heard that the tan lines would show in our pictures. If you decide to wear the halter I would apply a lot of sunscreen to not get a tan prior to the wedding.
                  Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#9 jam8x2

jam8x2
                  • 82 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:00 PM

Sunscreen should be the key and use makeup to cover any tan lines from the days leading up.

#10 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                    • 2,777 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:19 PM

You can still get a tan w/ sunscreen. You should wear sunscreen period, even on a daily basis its good for you!! If you have a good base tan before spending alot of time in the sun you won't get noticeable lines, if any. thats why i use a tanning bed, like in my previous post cause I wear all kinds of strappy shirts during the summer once I get a base tan I have no problems w/ lines and I live in MT the only thing to do is be outside! Hiking, floating the river, at our lakehouse, etc!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users