Sign in to follow this  
BBtoB

Tan Lines don't go with the dress! Eek, gasp!

It just occurred to me. I got two really cute swim suits and they are Halter top styles. Those are typically the only kind I wear to support "the girls".

I was reading another post about wearing a strapless suit, but I already spent some bucks on the ones I have without thinking about the consequences. OMG! Tan lines! This for some reason did not occur to me! Helllooo!!! Strapless wedding gown and the beach/pool on the days before, hmm those don't mix too well, huh?

Any ideas on what to do if I get some tan lines? Any products or tricks you all can share?

I am currently tanning to get some color...no suit of course...ha! But any thoughts on how to cover those suckers up just in case?

Thanks! smile03.gif

if its a halter why not just tuck the straps into the chest area for the days before the wedding? i know what you mean, it might not look as fab as you want but at least your wedding pics will be awesome! that is what i am doing

i thought about this too and decided i need to buy a bandeau (sp?) to rid of any possible tan lines. but in the past what i used to do was buy the self tanning lotions and apply that to the areas that didn't tan... it's worked but it's also not perfect.

I totally feel your pain!!!! All my bathing suits are halter (hence its the most common) and my dress is strapless and my BM dresses have spaghetti straps!! I think we'll all have crazy tan lines unless the girls on BDW can give us a great solution. Thanks for posting this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette79 View Post
if its a halter why not just tuck the straps into the chest area for the days before the wedding? i know what you mean, it might not look as fab as you want but at least your wedding pics will be awesome! that is what i am doing
you can't do this sitting or standing up!

I personally go to the tanning bed to start off my summer cause I don't like tan lines period and I wear different types of shirts. And especially cause I have a strapless wedding dress!

Just don't do the instant tan. I had a client last year who did this tan-in-a-bottle tan and it all started to run at noon,when we were taking pictures under the sun. Your wedding is in a month. 5-6 tanning sessions and it should be enough to hide the lines.

Even if you have a base tan - you will still have lines. And it isn't really an easy fix in photoshop either. I would suggest getting a suit that lets you slip the straps off while laying - and then cover up when you are up. I know that stinks - sad.gif

I decided to buy a strapless bathing suit because I heard that the tan lines would show in our pictures. If you decide to wear the halter I would apply a lot of sunscreen to not get a tan prior to the wedding.

You can still get a tan w/ sunscreen. You should wear sunscreen period, even on a daily basis its good for you!! If you have a good base tan before spending alot of time in the sun you won't get noticeable lines, if any. thats why i use a tanning bed, like in my previous post cause I wear all kinds of strappy shirts during the summer once I get a base tan I have no problems w/ lines and I live in MT the only thing to do is be outside! Hiking, floating the river, at our lakehouse, etc!