We have not set a date, but Christa is not availalbe until July, and I am not getting married until January. So, anytime between then, and I really want it to work so I am willing to do it anytime! I think the other girls who were interested are getting married later this fall like October- November, so before then. When are you thinking?

• 10 months later...

Just curious what everyone ended up doing? Did you end up using Christa?

I would love to do a BD... but would need to figure out how to work it in the budget and find a photog that I liked (and would feel comfortable with).

Just curious if any MN girls could send me any suggestions or recommendations?

Becky,

Here is the lady I used ssimages.net

She is awesome! It was a little more rushed that I would have liked but that was probably part me because I didn't want her to have to wait for me to change :)

Her name is Heather and she is so down to earth and I love her. She is doing our wedding photos. There are some pictures of me on her website. I am under "The good wife" I am the one pulling the stuff out of the oven (note: no pot holder)

I highly recommend her.

Her website says her price is $150 and she gives you a cd and proofs. I had mine within a week and she emailed me a few teasers.

If you want a book I would be happy to help you make one, I made my own for under $50. Let me know if you have ?'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieMN View Post
Becky,
Here is the lady I used ssimages.net

She is awesome! It was a little more rushed that I would have liked but that was probably part me because I didn't want her to have to wait for me to change :)
Her name is Heather and she is so down to earth and I love her. She is doing our wedding photos. There are some pictures of me on her website. I am under "The good wife" I am the one pulling the stuff out of the oven (note: no pot holder)
I highly recommend her.
Her website says her price is $150 and she gives you a cd and proofs. I had mine within a week and she emailed me a few teasers.
If you want a book I would be happy to help you make one, I made my own for under $50. Let me know if you have ?'s
Thanks Steph! First off I love your photos... I remember now when you first posted them : ) How long did you have? Do you wish you would have had longer?

I will be living down in Blaine in the fall for school stuff... so it actually might work out. I will be living with my grandma though... and although she is cool, not sure if she is that cool. I noticed Heather mentioned on her site that she knows of some cool places... so I will have to look into that.

And thanks for the offer on the book! If I end up doing it... I will probably take you up on it! Where did you order it from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyN View Post
Thanks Steph! First off I love your photos... I remember now when you first posted them : ) How long did you have? Do you wish you would have had longer?

I will be living down in Blaine in the fall for school stuff... so it actually might work out. I will be living with my grandma though... and although she is cool, not sure if she is that cool. I noticed Heather mentioned on her site that she knows of some cool places... so I will have to look into that.

And thanks for the offer on the book! If I end up doing it... I will probably take you up on it! Where did you order it from?
She didn't set a specific time that I remember, but it was only like an hour. I did 4 outfits and got a pretty decent amount of photos. I think she would have stayed longer if I needed the time. I know she has kids so she likes to do them during the day or weekends.

I made my book and ordered it throuh blurb.com
Their books, IMHO, look more profession than the ones I have from shutterfly.com and they are cheaper. Seriously, I would love to help in anyway I can. I know I was pretty anxious about mine. The hotel might be a good idea. There are some really nice ones around the area.
good luck.

Quote:
She didn't set a specific time that I remember, but it was only like an hour. I did 4 outfits and got a pretty decent amount of photos. I think she would have stayed longer if I needed the time. I know she has kids so she likes to do them during the day or weekends.

I made my book and ordered it throuh blurb.com
Their books, IMHO, look more profession than the ones I have from shutterfly.com and they are cheaper. Seriously, I would love to help in anyway I can. I know I was pretty anxious about mine. The hotel might be a good idea. There are some really nice ones around the area.
good luck.
Thanks for the info! I notice on her site she now has it listed per hour... so was just curious if an hour would be sufficient. I contacted her through the site for more information on the hotels and other location options.... hopefully there is something relatively inexpensive options. I'll see what she says. Did you do yours at your house?

I will have to take a look at the blurb.com I helped my mom make a photobook of their most recent trip with shutterfly... she thought it was really neat, but I personally was hoping it would have been a little higher quality.

And thanks for your offer of help and support. I really appreciate it! You're right...even just thinking about it makes me slightly anxious! Its something I normally wouldn't do... but strangely want to, if that makes any sense.

And its just hard to find a person I would feel comfortable and trust to do it. Trying to google it came back with a lot of sketchy results. There are a few well known photogs in town but none of them advertise doing it... and the photog I'm most famailiar and would feel okay asking does my family photos and will be doing my bro's grad pics this Fall. Since I'm not 100% sure whether I will tell my mom about it... I would rather use someone else. Heather seems nice... and hopefully we can work something out.

My other thought was seeing if I could get Nic Dragonmire (my wedding photog) to do some while we are down in Jamaica. But first was not sure how I would keep Sean from knowing... although I could easily get his bro or a friend to take him off my hands for a bit. And also I like the idea of it being a wedding day gift. Not to mention, not sure if Nic does or would want to do BD stuff... hmm.

I guess I shall see what Heather says when she gets back to me about different options... and/or maybe send Nic an email to keep some options open.

I would say an hour is enough and she is very easy going so I can't imagine she would freak out if you went over 15 minutes or so.

She usually respondes to emails late at night but she is pretty fast about stuff.

She did our engagment photos, my BD photos, and like I said she will be doing our wedding. It was nice to meet her before the BD ones to get comfortable with her. We did do them at my house as I was trying to save money. Plus we got to use the kitchen.

IMHO I would get them done before your trip. Seems like it might be less stressful and you won't have to worry about fitting in it. just a thought.

Quote:
I would say an hour is enough and she is very easy going so I can't imagine she would freak out if you went over 15 minutes or so.
She usually respondes to emails late at night but she is pretty fast about stuff.
She did our engagment photos, my BD photos, and like I said she will be doing our wedding. It was nice to meet her before the BD ones to get comfortable with her. We did do them at my house as I was trying to save money. Plus we got to use the kitchen.
IMHO I would get them done before your trip. Seems like it might be less stressful and you won't have to worry about fitting in it. just a thought.
Yeah I agree... I think logically and schedule wise it will be easier to do them before. Heather has already gotten back to me and answered my initial questions. She seems really nice and even offered her own house for the shoot. Now I just need to think about it and decide... although I'm like 99% sure I'm going to do it... so really I should start shopping for some fun outfits. Hehe. : ) I wont do it until this Fall just for convenience wise... plus then it will give me some time (and motivation) to hit the gym.

Thanks so much for the recommendation! And I'll keep you updated on what I decide. : )

Funny, I just had coffee with her today! I seriously LOVE her. She is great and so down-to-earth. We met with her to talk about our wedding photos and we met to go over stuff. That was nice of her to offer up her place. Not sure if I will still be hanging around come this fall so make sure to PM me if you do get photos done.