Photo

Walking Down the Aisle, both parents deceased.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

So.. both of my parents are deceased. I have two older brothers, only one may attend our wedding and a daughter that is 12. I really don't want to walk down the aisle alone. Should I walk down with my brother / daughter.... or would that be too weird?

#2 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

It's your wedding & you can do whatever you want!
      I know of people who walked down alone, , had their children walk with them, or even a sibling. It is whatever makes you comfortable. If you had a special uncle/aunt/cousin/friend coming that you wanted to do it, you could go with that too!! I personally think it would be cute to walk with your daughter.

#3 Beauty

Beauty
      • 10 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

Hey NJ Hunnie,

Your brother can walk you down the isle, or do you have your grandfather from either side, or possibly an elder Uncle to walk you down the isle? If not, then I think your brother is fine. Both my parents are deceased as well, and my Uncle (my mother's brother) and my grandma are going to walk me down the isle. As my grandfather was going to walk me, but he passed away a few months ago. Good luck...and don't worry...if you end up walking down the isle by yourself...strut girl...you will look beautiful and shine all the way down!

#4 JOSIE

JOSIE
        • 1,792 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your losses I definitely think that on your wedding day you can choose whoever you want to walk you down the aisle. What does your daughter think? Does she want to walk with you, or have you asked her opinion on the best fit? I don't think you can make a wrong decision, so go with your gut!

best wishes!

#5 EDSROSA

EDSROSA
          • 510 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

I think walking down the aisle with if not both then one is a great idea! Its your wedding and I am sure they would both be proud to do it!!!!!! What a great way to incorporate your daughter!

#6 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
            • 1,225 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

My father is passed, and I am estranged from my mom. I have 3 BIL's that I couldnt chose from...so I think Im going to walk down the isle alone, and my FI will meet me half way :)

#7 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
              • 436 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:50 PM

Thanks for all the wonderful input ladies.... =0)

You were all so helpful!

#8 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                • 2,233 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:50 AM

Both my parents are deceased as well. I have 2 grown children 24 and 22 so they are both walking my down the aisle. When my daughter got married, her brother and I both walked her down the aisle. So really its totally up to you!!
                  July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#9 Geralyn

Geralyn
                  • 2,677 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SgtPepperette
                    My father is passed, and I am estranged from my mom. I have 3 BIL's that I couldnt chose from...so I think Im going to walk down the isle alone, and my FI will meet me half way :)
                    That is so cute that FI will meet you half way! I love it! My father passed away in Dec. so my Mom will walk me.
                    It is your wedding and it is totally up to you what you want to do! I say anything goes!

#10 krishna69z

krishna69z
                    • 209 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:33 AM

Definitely do whatever is more comfortable. I would chose the one who would not have a role otherwise. My father has recently passed away, and while it probably would have made sense to have my mother walk me down the aisle, I have asked my best guy friend as his wife will be my matron of honour so that they could both be involved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users