Photo

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, has anyone been?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 mellibean

mellibean
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:35 PM

if anyone has been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso can you please let me know your experience? i went on trip advisor and so far all the reviews are great. thanks

#2 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:38 PM

We are going down there June 9-13th to check out all of the Iberostar resorts. We will be staying specifically in the Tucan/Quetzal. I'm getting very excited, and will post reviews when I return.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#3 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:55 PM

Are you referring to the Maya? We are getting married at the Lindo.
        Never stayed there though...just going by all the awesome reviews the resort has.

#4 mellibean

mellibean
        • 69 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:10 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Just Martha
          Are you referring to the Maya? We are getting married at the Lindo.
          Never stayed there though...just going by all the awesome reviews the resort has.
          no its called the grand paraiso, it just opened up in march of this year and its adults only. i also believe that they only allow gest from the lindo and another hotel (most expensive one) to come use this property and i also heard the property is really big and there is always lots of room on the beach.

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mellibean
            no its called the grand paraiso, it just opened up in march of this year and its adults only. i also believe that they only allow gest from the lindo and another hotel (most expensive one) to come use this property and i also heard the property is really big and there is always lots of room on the beach.
            That hotel is supposed to be spectacular and very luxurious! We may consider honeymooning there for a few days after the wedding. I read that they have a butler and private concierge for every building.

I didn't realize they let guests from any of the other hotels on the grounds at the Grand. If so, that's a big plus to staying at the Maya (I think that's the more expensive out of Lindo/Maya...)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#6 Martha

Martha
            • VIP Member
            • 3,906 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:30 PM

oh, ya! Duh! I wasn't thinking about that one because I was thinking about the ones that aren't adults-only.

My TA was there a few weeks ago and LOVED it. She didn't specify exactly why but she said it was beautiful and lived up to the Iberostar name.

#7 mellibean

mellibean
              • 69 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:26 PM

sorry my bad. they dont let guests from other iberostar resorts into this property not even on the beach. they have gards in front of the property and on the beach. the gards look for a special rist band to let you into this property.
                pretty much all the reviews i read on trip advisor were great and so far the hotel hasnt been book. there were more hotel staff than guest, which made the guest experience excellent.
                a van picks u up at the airport and when you get to the hotel you are served with a glass of champage and a warm wet towel, and have your own butler who shows you around the property on a golf cart! wow!!! to good to be true

#8 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:30 PM

That sounds so awesome - I can't wait to check it out!

I did hear that it is really expensive, but it sounds like it's worth it.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#9 Martha

Martha
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,906 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:57 PM

Coincedence! I just got an email from my TA...she gave us an idea to look in to booking the honeymoon villas for a night or two before we leave. She sent me pictures...the place is really pretty. I emailed her back asking if I could post her pictures on here.

I will post them when she gives me the ok....the decor is very modern and very pretty!

#10 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,791 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:24 AM

Oooh, cool!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users