Sign in to follow this  
FutureMrsLewis

So we all know about finding THE dress, but how about THE ring?!?

Okay ladies, I'm driving myself NUTS over this, and I need to see if I've actually lost my marbles here...

So, long story short, my original e-ring is pink topaz, it faded (due to store cleanings), got replaced by the store, but was told it will fade again naturally. (Some of you may remember this drama lol) ANYWAY, I know that I have to find a "replacement" e-ring, so I've been looking around for about 6 months or so. I like pink, hence the pink topaz in my current ring, but I keep hearing how even pink sapphire MIGHT fade if it's had a certain treatment done on it or this or that, and how ultrasonic cleaners will suck out all the colour (not sure how vibrations do that if I'm cleaning it in just water, but w/e) But my big problem was, I'm not a fan of diamond rings (I'm weird, it's okay, you can say it) To me, they're just not "original". That was until I found the ring of my DREAMS!!! I can't find any pictures of it, but it's got a bunch of smaller diamonds clustered together so they look like one big center stone (but WAY more sparkle, it's gorgeous!) and there are baguettes along the center of the band and then pave on the outside of the baguettes. This ring is just gorgeous, and looks MUCH different than anything I've ever seen (I can't even describe it properly, because I've never seen anything else like it in my life).

So I absolutely fell in love with this ring, and I just can't take my mind off of it. It is about $1000 more than we wanted to pay for a new ring (considering this is ring #2, and we still have to buy a wedding band) but I just can't stop thinking about it!!! Is there such a thing as THE ring?

love.gif

Of course there is! And my answer is simple; you are going to wear this ring for EVERY DAY for the rest of your life so in the scheme of things, $1000 really is not much. Wouldnt you rather get your dream ring now than 'settle' for a pretty one?? If it were me, I wouldn't want to settle and I would just make it work now b/c I know if I did settle, one day down the road I will feel the need to 'upgrade' and in turn spend alot more money AGAIN to get THE ring..

Ditto Nadine!

I previously read a post where someone said that the only things you have left after the wedding is DH, the ring(s) & your pictures & you should not skimp on either!! (God, I wish I thought of this before my wedding!)

Anyway, I say go for it if you can manage it in the budget at all!!

I agree. Go for it! We spent a little extra to be "original" as well, and went with a yellow diamond ring. I wouldn't change a thing about it. I have a diamond set and a yellow diamond set of earrings that sound like what you are describing and they are so nice! So I think you should splurge. I like the way Amanda put it "....the only things you have left after the wedding is DH, the ring(s) & your pictures & you should not skimp on either!!..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnvb9 View Post
Of course there is! And my answer is simple; you are going to wear this ring for EVERY DAY for the rest of your life so in the scheme of things, $1000 really is not much. Wouldnt you rather get your dream ring now than 'settle' for a pretty one?? If it were me, I wouldn't want to settle and I would just make it work now b/c I know if I did settle, one day down the road I will feel the need to 'upgrade' and in turn spend alot more money AGAIN to get THE ring..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
Ditto Nadine!
I previously read a post where someone said that the only things you have left after the wedding is DH, the ring(s) & your pictures & you should not skimp on either!! (God, I wish I thought of this before my wedding!)
Anyway, I say go for it if you can manage it in the budget at all!!
I never really thought about it like that. I planned on spending a pretty penny on pictures and also buying myself a Digital SLR so I could get some great photos myself, so I had thought about how important pictures were, but I just never really thought about the ring being so important. Then again, it will probably be an heirloom just like my grandmother's engagement ring that she gave me when I was younger.... And Amanda, I love how you put it, you're totally right!!

Thanks ladies! I knew you'd put it all in perspective for me! smile03.gif

I also think you should get the ring if you have your heart set on it you should get it!! I agree you wear your ring everyday so $1000 is not a lot in the long run.

Sounds gorgeous. You know its the ONE if you can't stop thinking about it. This is a once in a lifetime thing!!!!!! DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so I just talked it over with FI, and we're going to get it! woot.gif I'm just going to take ONE MORE look at it, just to be SURE that it's the one (and show FI, he hasn't seen it yet blush2.gif)

Aaah! So excited!! Thanks ladies!!! bunny_4.gif