Photo

Local Jamaican Flowers - Cheaper?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ssleenyc

ssleenyc
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

What are some types of local flowers in Jamaica? I'm wondering if these flowers will be cheaper than non-local flowers?

#2 Heather0623

Heather0623
    • 16 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:15 PM

I contacted Kreations flowers. Here is her e-mail address....kreationsflowers@yahoo.com. I think her name is Kerri. Her prices were great! I asked for a quote for a dozen roses that I will put together myself. She quoted me $33.25 and $24.00 for deliver. It was the cheapest by far! She was really quick with getting back to me. I would send her an e-mail. Good luck!

#3 amee

amee
      • 51 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

I used the florist at my resort (Half Moon) and told them I only wanted local flowers, we ended up using mostly ginger lilies - in different colors, which were perfect, very tropical and definitely cheaper than imported flowers. My decor, overall, was pretty minimal and I was aiming for just using a few flowers, so the decor actually ended up being one of the 'less' expensive aspects of our wedding. Will try to post a pic..

#4 jamaica2010ms

jamaica2010ms
        • 46 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:36 PM

My mom was talking with a lady that went to a wedding there recently, and I guess the bride went to the market in Montego Bay and just bought a bunch of flowers from there for her wedding. I guess they were quite cheap and looked stunning too.

#5 jennie

jennie
          • 200 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:15 PM

I hadn't even thought of going to a local market. We are staying at the RPTB, so Montego Bay isn't too far. I'll have to look into this. Hey, any excuse to do alittle shopping.lol

#6 jamaica2010ms

jamaica2010ms
            • 46 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:43 PM

I'm thinking that might be the way to go, just bring along some nice ribbon and I bet the flowers will look great. Easy way to save $$$ on the 'extra' flowers, centerpieces, chairs, etc. Plus, I can always use another reason to go shopping! :)

#7 Ashley0802

Ashley0802
              • 279 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:44 AM

Our plan is to also just go to the market & pick some up. It is another way reason to shop :)

#8 jennie

jennie
                • 200 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

Wow thanks for the good tips ladies! I bet the local flowers at the markets are just beautiful. I'm going to stick with the bouquet that comes with the package and plan to go to a local market to get additional flowers to add to it, as well as for my daughter/ flower girl and to decorate around the cake topper.
                  Anyone go to a market while in the Negril area? Is there one near the RPTB?

#9 BeachyIrishBride

BeachyIrishBride
                  • 12 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:32 PM

Hi Everyone
                    I'm pretty sure dendrobium orchids as well as phaelenopsis orchids are native to Jamaica. there are actually over 200 different types of orchids native to Jamaica. Orchids are a beautiful tropical flower that will really hold their own throughout the whole day - even out of water.
                    Good Luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users