• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtracy View Post
Last One --

Reception: B+
The reception was a lot of fun. We had a private function on the Bugambilia Terrace and got the Mexican Buffet. The food was okay, not as good as in the restaurants but not bad. I got sad that there was no guacamole for the chips (their guac is great) so DH asked a waiter and they brought me out a huge bowl. I didnâ€t do anything fancy with the tables (i.e. I didnâ€t pay for any special options) and I thought they looked fine.

Hereâ€s the buffet set up:
Click the image to open in full size.

Tables:

We added the iPod speakers for dancing. It came with a sorta DJ, he basically just sat and ran the equipment. Or so I thought. I turned into an actual DJ sometime during the night. The dinner started with music that wasnâ€t on the iPod but it was good so I didnâ€t think anything of it (mellow dinner music stuff). Then, we did the dances which all the songs were from our iPod. About 30 minutes into the fun dance music I noticed that a song was playing that I didnâ€t recognize, it wasnâ€t on our iPod. The DJ just started playing some of his own stuff. I have no idea where he got it but there it was. I was a little mad b/c we worked so hard on our list of songs but everyone was dancing so it wasnâ€t that big of a deal. We did end up buying an extra hour of music so that we could dance until almost 10P. It was a good time and I think the only time I sat down is when all the men decided to serenade me.  On one note, b/c it was very dark outside many of the pictures turned out really dark as well. There were some lights but the only things that look really good are what you are actually aiming for (you can see the center of the photo but itâ€s really dark around it). As you can see in the picture of me being serenaded.

Excursions: A
Most people never left the resort but DH and I did go out a few times. We went scuba diving and on a lobster dinner cruise. I also went on a BOB which is a “Breathing Observation Bubble.†I donâ€t recommend BOBing if you get even a little seasick. Of the 5 of us that went only 2 of us didnâ€t get sick from it. My uncle puked while under water and my dad heaved over the side of the boat. I do recommend the lobster dinner cruise. Itâ€s about 3 hours long, they take you out to a nice spot on the water and the food was good. There are free drinks the whole time and a really good jazz saxophonist plays during the trip. It was very romantic.

Entertainment
The MP entertainment was very good. At night they had a show at one of their two large outdoor theaters. Our favorites were the Michael Jackson show and the Fire dancers. We went almost every night and had a really good time. The disco at the resort also opens at 1030P every night. We went the night after the wedding and had fun. Of course, there was no one really in there so we had a disco to ourselves.

If I forgot anything or there is anything else youâ€d like to know please feel free to ask. :)

On a side note, I realize that the resort was very different for me as it may be for others as we were there at a low capacity (from 10-20% on different nights) but from what Iâ€ve heard the resort never really has a crowded feel anyway. Iâ€m just really glad we braved the Swine Flu for our adventure. As did another couple that got married on the same day as us whom we met at the bar…

That looked like one awesome wedding! Thanks for sharing!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...