Maracas?? Where to buy them!!!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra&Mario

• 336 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:03 AM

I'm looking for plain wooden maracas. I was going to purchase a set and paint them with our wedding colors and hand draw a floral design (well, attempt to, lol). I googled my heart out and found absolutely nothing!! Did anyone do this or know where I can get them? Thanks!!

#2 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:36 AM

FI and I are just going to wait until we get to Mexico to buy maracas. You can get them there for really cheap. I see you want to paint them though with your colors...thats a toughie, I haven't seen any plain ones online for cheap.

#3 Bianca

• 1,057 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:46 AM

Please note that there are like 3 different types of maracas... Keep this in mind when you compare prices. There are ones that are like hollowed out fruit or squash or something. They go for about $1 a piece in PDC. Then there are ones that I think are a hollowed out squash top and then they have a wooden handle and then there are ones that are made all out of wood. The last ones are the most expensive!
        19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!

#4 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:05 AM

We also waited until we got to Mexico they were much cheaper then what we found online and they said Mexico so they were a nice keepsake.
          Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#5 blushingbride

• 366 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:47 AM

Have you checked out Oriental Trading? Maracas

#6 bumbles

• 574 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

If you are flexible on colors, wait until you get to Mexico! We got ours for just over a dollar each :) Less to pack and carry too.

#7 Sandra&Mario

• 336 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:35 PM

Thanks Bumbles! Where did you get yours there? Were they plain or decorated?

#8 bumbles

• 574 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:50 PM

My super sweet MIL went to one of the markets in Cancun to get them, sorry I don't have any specifics! Since she was buying a bunch, she was able to bargain it down to $1.25 for one. They were painted with flowers and had "Mexico" painted on them.

#9 deefalvey

• 521 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:23 PM

I ordered the ones from Oriental Trading Company last week - they are plain and then we will paint them the wedding colors. They haven't arrived yet, I can update when they do - should only be a couple more days.
                    Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#10 Sandra&Mario

• 336 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:04 PM

Thanks Deanna! The only ones I saw on Oriental Trading that are plain are the small wooden ones. Were those the ones you got? I think they're mini. Keep me posted on what yours look like, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users